electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
Nord Lead 1
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
sebtex

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Nord Lead 1
Subject description: Nord lead 1 original patches
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but i would like to ask you guys two questions.

I've recently bought a used Nord lead 1, and i realised as i used it, that almost none of the original sounds were stored in the memory banks, or at least from what i recall them from using one a couple of years ago.

So the first question is if there is any way i can load the original banks and patches into my keyboard?

I've also downloaded a user manual for the keyboard, but the only one i could find was the one from 1996 for a software version 2.x, is this the correct one, or is it for more recent models?

Thanks
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Nord Lead 1
Subject description: Nord lead 1 original patches
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sebtex wrote:
... I've recently bought a used Nord lead 1, and i realised as i used it, that almost none of the original sounds were stored in the memory banks, or at least from what i recall them from using one a couple of years ago.
Only the first 40 memory locations can be changed, the rest of ther 99 locations are fixed. The Cards can be changed at all 297 locations.
Quote:
So the first question is if there is any way i can load the original banks and patches into my keyboard?
see: http://nm-archives.electro-music.com/020_NordLead2/021_Patches/
NL1 and NL2 shared the same Patches.
Quote:
I've also downloaded a user manual for the keyboard, but the only one i could find was the one from 1996 for a software version 2.x, is this the correct one, or is it for more recent models?
I think that's to most recent version Smile

Wout
sebtex

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: nord lead 1 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Wout,

First of all let me thank you for your brief answer. I've been checking the forum out, and you do quite a of a hell job helping out people.

I confess i might have a lot of questions, since i'm kinda of a rookie with the nord lead.

So i checked the link you gave me and downloaded the files.

I've also understood by other forum discussion topics that exists an application to upload files do the keyboard, but it is only for a windows operating system. My question is if a can get a similar one to an os x system?

thanks,
sebtex
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome sebtex

I forgot this in the last post Embarassed

http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/ seems to work at OS X quite well. I'm not a computer man and doesn't do a lot of work on a Mac, so I never tried it.

Wout
sebtex

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: nord lead 1 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey wout,

I've got the program and all the sysex files upload in it. Right now i should just press the play button on it and it would upload the sound, mas nothing happens.

I use a tascam us-428, wich i use for recording, and midi controlling. I plug the midi cable on the output and on my nord lead on the input.

Understanding that you don't work with this program, but can you tell me if the basic connection is done properly?

And now for a nord lead plain question, how do i sync the arpeggiator with the time of my track on logic 8?

Hope you can me help out.

Cheers,
Sebtex
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: nord lead 1 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sebtex wrote:
... I've got the program and all the sysex files upload in it. Right now i should just press the play button on it and it would upload the sound, mas nothing happens.
Problems have only one meaning... They have to be solved, don't they?
Quote:
I use a tascam us-428, wich i use for recording, and midi controlling. I plug the midi cable on the output and on my nord lead on the input.
Is the US-428 a Midi Interface? I don't think this isn't going to solve your problem.
Quote:
Understanding that you don't work with this program, but can you tell me if the basic connection is done properly?
That's why Clavia made a work around Smile
On the synth press [Pref Mode] and scroll to performance L0. The complete 'L' bank contains the 40 original factory presets. As you see, only Slot A is active. When playing you'll hear Program 01
Press the red button to Save > press [Pref Mode] again to return to normal mode > scroll to the first location > press [Save] again and... voila.
Return to [Pref Mode], activate Slot B and do the same routine again, only scroll in Program Mode to location 2 Wink
Repeat this 38 times...
Quote:
And now for a nord lead plain question, how do i sync the arpeggiator with the time of my track on logic 8?
This is done using the Shift functions, in this case see [Manual - page 61] Beware of the tempo! This can be tricky, but also much fun.
Do you have the manual? I send you one in a PM. And a list about the tempo of LFO1+2.

Wout
juankiyo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,

I have a NL1 v1.3. I haven't expansion board, only internal patches. I want to reset internal patches. I have a file, Internal.mid from Clavia website and they told me that i can send it by Midiox software.I don't know how to use it. I have tried with my midi cable conected to PC, but it doesn't work out.

I have read topics about SysEx, but my file is Midi.

I have downloaded from this web:

http://www.clavia.se/downloads/sounds/nordlead.htm

Nord Lead internal sound library.
I have Lead Internal Sound.

HELP please.

Thanks
Juan.
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

juankiyo wrote:
Hello,

I have a NL1 v1.3. I haven't expansion board, only internal patches. I want to reset internal patches. I have a file, Internal.mid from Clavia website and they told me that i can send it by Midiox software.
Who told you?
Have you read the above mentioned work-around already?
Quote:
I don't know how to use it. I have tried with my midi cable conected to PC, but it doesn't work out.
To download Midi to the synth you'll need the PCMIA cards and therefor the expansion board... Did you read:
Clavia site wrote:
To be able to load the the complete banks you will need the following:

A sequencer to load the file
A Nord Lead or a Nord Rack expanded to 12 voices
A 64 kB battery backed SRAM PCMCIA card
ZIP-utility
Set the Nord's global MIDI channel to 16.
Please note: New download features in Software 2.0
Macintosh and Windows unzipping instructions.
So you'll be in need of the expansion...
Quote:
I have read topics about SysEx, but my file is Midi.
I have downloaded from this web:
http://www.clavia.se/downloads/sounds/nordlead.htm
Nord Lead internal sound library.
I have Lead Internal Sound.
Are you on Mac or Windows?
Quote:
HELP please.
I'll try Smile

Wout
juankiyo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok. Sorry, I read the top and the requirements for loading patches after writing this post . So is no way there to restore the sounds of my internal NL1?. I pressure once STORE button by mistake and overwrited a patch that it had, I don't know how to load back the original sound.

Thank you.
Juan.
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

juankiyo wrote:
... So is no way there to restore the sounds of my internal NL1 ...
Yes, there is Very Happy You want to restore the factory programs? Go into Performance mode > the last bank named 'L*' and there are all 40 programs stored! L0-Slot A is the first program, L0-Slot B the second and-so-on... Find the program you are missing, press Store in the Performance mode only once, go into Program mode (the LCD is still blinking); find the memory location (when playing you'll hear the 'wrong' program) and press Store again. Voila! Smile

Wout
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
Jump to: