electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Can't update synth to 1.2
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Can't update synth to 1.2 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I installed the new Editor with no problems, but when I run the Synth Update the 'Update' button remains grey and unclickable even though it reports that it has found my G2. I've tried manually entering update mode but it makes no difference.
I tried to visit Clavia's support page only to find this lovely bit of news - "Our support department is closed from 2004/07/09 until 2004/08/01."
Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm unable to use the Editor until this is resolved.
Thanks.
gomidas

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 6

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi, G Smile

I got the same problem as you, and still don't know how to solve it?????
So I've decided to send the G2 Engines back to their manufacturer Wink
For me I think it's a bug. A big OS crash actually Evil or Very Mad

Does the G2 Engine still works with Editor 1.1?

Do you have one or two G2 Engines?Are they still recognized by your computer, cos' mine are not!!!!!

gomi Smile
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wish I had an answer for you. Just wanted to say welcome to the forum. Hopefully, someone will have some good information for you.

welcome
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

b,

I don't know if this applies to your situation, but this was Rob Hordijk's advice as posted on the NM list:

Quote:
If for some reason the G2 doesn't seem to go fully through the update
process, just restart the update program and click on [update] again without
touching the G2.

For the G2 engine it might help to boot with the hidden button pressed maybe, see the manual for this.

When you have two G2's don't try to update them at the same time.

Gomidas,

I do have two G2 engines and had no problem updating them.

When your computer no longer recognizes your G2's and you are working with a windows computer you might try to de-install _all_ your USB drivers.

When windows reboots it will re-install those (but you do need all of your driver software to be present in known locations !!). Some peple have reported this would make the G2 be recognized again.

Otherwise I think you should contact Clavia before deciding on sending the device back.

Jan.
gomidas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello Jan Smile

Thanks again for your support, I really appreciate your help Wink

Yes, I think It's my fault, I should never have update the synth with the second one plugged on the usb Crying or Very sad

But I'm not sure if a G2 Engine can work again after a crash like this Confused (don't forget that I've try both G2 Engine on many different computers and it was the same thing).

Anyway, I'm waiting for Clavia support (August 1st Question ) and I hope that they will swap the G2 Engine (both of them Laughing )

Thanks again Very Happy I will keep you in touch Twisted Evil

P.S:hope u all understand my twisted English Confused Sorry for that Shocked
b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, there are replies. For some reason I thought clicking "Notify me when a reply is posted" would email me.

Anyway, gomidas, no I can't run the 1.1 or 1.2 version of the editor at this point. 1.1 gives me an error and 1.2 doesn't find the synth.

Blue Hell, unfortunately I don't even get to that point and the 'Update' button is never clickable. I only have one G2 and it's the only thing connected via USB besides my mouse. I've tried rebooting both the synth and updater in different combinations and nothing does the trick.

I guess I'll just wait for Clavia support to return - what's the deal with that anyway? Their entire support crew goes on vacation together or what?
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

b wrote:
Ah, there are replies. For some reason I thought clicking "Notify me when a reply is posted" would email me.

You were right, it should send you an email message whenever some posts a reply to this topic. Please click on "Profile" (upper right menu cluster and make sure your mail address is correct (it most probably is because you couldn't join the forum without a valid email addres), and make sure "Always notify me of replies:" is checked (lower part of the profile form). Still, even if that isn't checked, you can manually choose to "watch" a topic. Hmmm...

b wrote:
I guess I'll just wait for Clavia support to return - what's the deal with that anyway? Their entire support crew goes on vacation together or what?

Seems strange, but I understand that everyone in the company was busting their butts to get the 1.2 release out. They were burned out I suspect. Also, having the entire company go on vacation is more common in Europe than in the US, although it's not totally unheard of here. I agree that it's not the best practice for a company that has customer support responsibilies.

Last edited by mosc on Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cebec

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc, you can't run the 1.2 editor? is that a hint you have a beta OS installed?? Shocked
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, my previous post contains an error. When quoting b I left some of his stuff in so it looks like mine. I'll fix it. I was a beta tester for 1.2 but at this time there is no beta program running, as least any that I know about.
gomidas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's weird, I though that updating the two G2 Engines at the same time was the cause of all my troubles...?(b has only 1 G2!)
But it seems that maybe not....???
No one knows...CLAVIA....HELP....ME.............!!!
Is the OS v1.22 more stable or only correct the delay stuffff?????
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

b wrote:
Blue Hell, unfortunately I don't even get to that point and the 'Update' button is never clickable.

Sorry to hear that, I just wrote down everything I remebered to have read and heard ... too bad it didn't help ....

Jan.
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: