electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Introduce Yourself
Red Skull Arrives
Page 1 of 4 [77 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
redskull

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: Red Skull Arrives Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey all.

I have been making electronic music since 1997, and recently found this nifty site to join. I signed up to get some opinion and whatnot, and would really like to hear some feedback from all you out there with an interest...

There are alot of free mp3 downloads on my site, both of my main project, and my side project with Dj Bad Generation, called Empirikon. Please visit and support a struggling, but passionate Texas-based electro-musician...
Wink
http://www.eternalink.org/music.html

-Red Skull
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am trying to play your video. but I am not getting any sound.. just the video. Dunno why the audio is gone.. I am using VLC for OS X.
redskull

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well this is a goof on my part then I am afraid. The file is encoded in the near-latest format of Divx video, 5.01 I believe, and I notice I have not said so on the file's area of the page. This is an oversight on my part. As far as the OS you referred to, I am assuming this is a mac format machine? I have no working knowledge of a mac OS, but if I am mistaken, please inform me.

I apologize for the error, as I have received no other comments of this issue so I am assuming it has something to do with either the player you mentioned, or you do not have the mac version of divx.

-red
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
I am trying to play your video. but I am not getting any sound..

I was able to play the video and hear the sound. I'm using a PC and the DivX 2.1 Player, which is a great freebee BTW.

Great stuff, Red. I think this is the shape of things to come. Video is a great partner for electronic music. I'd like to know how you do the animation part. You mention Movie Maker in the credits. I have Windows Movie Maker on my pc and it only writes out WMV files. Is there an upgrade of something I need to put out DivX?

I like the music. I'm thrilled to hear pure hardcore electronic music. In your music there is little to no reverb or echo/delay to muddy up the sound. This music is quite sparce. You can really hear it.

Great stuff...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to install some codecs and stuff. I forgot I recently reinstalled the system on my laptop.

Interesting music. I agree with Howard. And I see Mr. Red Skull has a link to that norwegian Troll Mortiis on his webpage. Mortiis is great serious fun and I recommend you guys listen to the Mortiis stuff too. Mortiis is pretty much ignored here in Norway.. which is sad. Dunno.. but I seem to remember Brian ( Lustmord ) has remixed a track or two for Mortiis.
redskull

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, mosc, what I did was after making the movie file in Windows Movie Maker (original file was HUGE as AVI format, exported from one of my software tools - Adobe Premiere), I used a free downloadable demo of a program called "Dr. Divx" http://www.divx.com/divx/drdivx/
which is really nice, and can convert almost any video codec format into divx. It is pretty slick and fast encoding engine too! Smile

I am really nuts about mortiis, the music is amazing to me and makes me think about and feel emotions towards the old things in the world, like caves and whatnot, something I like about electronic influenced trax. When I hear his music, I am not thinking about his appearance at all, but a kind of lost wisdom of the ages, reproduced in a modern format. Cool stuff...

-red
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mortiis is extremely underrated. And I love his troll thing.. but clearly the music is something else. I can also recommend it. reminds me.. you might be the kind of guy who might enjoy the music by a band called Transjoik. Local dudes who hang out at the same bars I do. The URL is http://www.transjoik.com There is a video there somewhere. Recommended.
redskull

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow man, this is some killer stuff! I thank you from the bottom of my little black heart for that info and the link.

Smile

I am into this hardcore my friend. Are they selling cd's online? I have little time to browse at the moment but I would like to order something sometime soon.

very good stuff Smile
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should be able to buy their stuff at any decent online shop. The guy running their booking is a friend of mine so you could always send him a mail.. His name is Ketil Hustad and his site is at http://www.hustadpromotion.com/

And tell him I sent you.

When I think of it... you could always also check out Brian´s site at http://www.lustmord.com and check out his deepnet bulletin board. But from where I think you have your musical interests you will probably hang out here a lot too. The deepnet is not really for musicians and composers .. or.. it has not turned that way recently. But there is a lot of nice people there. And Brian is a gem.

As hardcore goes.. not really hardcore.. but you should probably try to find the first Sudden CD by my buddy Paul Andrews ( a canadian ) ... but main prob ius that you REALLY should hear some of the unreleased stuff. Hmm.. ..and you should definitively hear some of the material by the norwegian band Oscillate. I see you also work with words.
You should definitively listen to the CDs Godbluff and World Record by the english underground band Van Der Graaf Generator. VDGG is a really weird band but if you like Mortiis you will probably love this. Be warned. This is stuff you can OD on. But it is not electronic.. sorry..

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

And .. look up Chris and Cosey. http://www.chrisandcosey.com/
You can hear some snips at http://stage.vitaminic.co.uk/chris_and_cosey/
Recommended and yes.. this is electronic.

Last edited by elektro80 on Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You might also like (or at least find interesting) the music by the local norwegian band Gåte ( in english: Riddle ). They have their own blend of traditional norwegian folk music ( which at times can become pretty spaced out.. trust me ) and rock/electronics. This is not pop.

Try the concert videos at:
http://www.gaate.no/ny/video/folgjebetong/folgjeliten.mov

and

http://www.gaate.no/ny/video/litibetong/litiliten.mov

The lyrics are of course in norwegian.

Their best performances are not online.. but this should give you an idea about what this is about.
redskull

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Twisted Evil information overload is the MOTHERLODE my man! Twisted Evil
redskull

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone. I have some news that is making me smile alot. I am mere days away from the completion of my 3rd album. This material will be mostly new material, from my all-night sessions (the winds weep).
I will include some rare mixes of older songs as well as some nifty surprises. Anyone who wishes it from this site ONLY, when the cd is completed and sent off for mastering, contact me and I will send you a free copy of the cd at no cost to you (well except shipping for orders across the sea, that's not cheap HEH).

Stay tuned...

Cool
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
Mortiis is great serious fun and I recommend you guys listen to the Mortiis stuff too.

Their previous name was "the Addams family" right?

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hehe. you checked out his site? Trolls .. right?

Did you see his latest video?? I think that stuff is very cute.
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
hehe. you checked out his site? Trolls .. right?

Did you see his latest video?? I think that stuff is very cute.

Actually the picture of the front page was enough to turn me down

Quote:
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey... he is a troll.. Don´t you have similar figures in Italy? Berlusconi?

Sorry Smile

But Mortiis is actually dressing up as a troll which I think is very cool. A far more authentic norwegian costume than say... dressing like an indian and singing "YMCA".

Seriously.. the music is not bad at all. That one video there is slightly poppish in a very weird way.

The next big hit from Norway might be "Kaizer´s Orchestra"...: a mix of norwegian farmers doing an Einstürzende Neubauten impersonation and and elks doing some serious Bob Dylan karaoke. Very cute.
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
Hey... he is a troll.. Don´t you have similar figures in Italy? Berlusconi?.

At least he makes me laugh, other politicians make me sick

elektro80 wrote:
But Mortiis is actually dressing up as a troll which I think is very cool. A far more authentic norwegian costume than say... dressing like an indian and singing "YMCA".

Seriously.. the music is not bad at all. That one video there is slightly poppish in a very weird way.

I come from a tradition where you do not have to dress up as a troll to sell your music. I know that we live in a visual society and that the average attention span is very short but I can help it. I can not stand this stuff!

elektro80 wrote:
The next big hit from Norway might be "Kaizer´s Orchestra"...: a mix of norwegian farmers doing an Einstürzende Neubauten impersonation and and elks doing some serious Bob Dylan karaoke. Very cute.

it sounds like fun. do you have samples of it?

Quote:

Last edited by seraph on Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ahh.. do I have some K-O ? Nah.. I will look around.

In the case of Mortiis his troll costume is quite OK.. but then I have grown up with the stories about trolls. I prefer the nice troll outfit for some silly heavy metal leather costume. But do check out his video.

I will look for the K-O. the best would be finding a video somewhere.... hmmm....
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK Carlo... their site is at http://www.kaizers.no/

there is a video of sorts at http://www.kaizers.no/filmer/kaizers.mov
loads slowly.. let it hang there and load...
Title of the song translates to: Man against man

and a song is at http://www.kaizers.no/admin/lydfiler/kontroll.mp3
( English title would be something like "Take control of the continent"

these guys are best live

and yes... they are singing in norwegian

rock.. kinda.. hard to say...
not important really
genres are for penguins..
redskull

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

im glad my thread became a norwegian troll festival Shocked

you guys rock Laughing
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahhh right .. but then this is August!!! Next month will be a celebration of all things elk. Very Happy
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and after the elk festival there will be the garlic and tomato sauce week Very Happy Very Happy Shocked

Quote:
redskull

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...followed by "Let Us All Listen To Red Skull Music" Week Cool

shameless, shameless I tell you!
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

garlic goes well with the Red Skull music..? right... you already got that pizza helmet?
redskull

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked garlic?

Very Happy
Page 1 of 4 [77 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Introduce Yourself
Jump to: