electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
  host / artist show at your time
today> Modulator ESP Adventures In Sound
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
pls help! all controllers request sysex from Logic to Nord
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
ianr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: pls help! all controllers request sysex from Logic to Nord Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum and fairly new to owning my first hardware synth, a Nord Lead 1. I'm having a few issues sending the all controllers request message from Logic to the Nord and would really appreciate some help!

I'm guessing this question is more directed at Nord owners who use their synth with Logic Pro, which may not be strictly on topic in this forum but I've tried a Logic forum and nobody could help me, so thought I'd try here!

Basically, can anyone tell me how to send this sysex message from Logic to my Nord as its driving me nuts every time I go back to the start of my song and the synths parametes don't reset as they should. This is my first experience with Sysex and its confusing the hell out of me...

I'm doing what it says in the Logic and Nord manuals, but all it does it change the sound coming out of the Nord, and draw in some automation spikes in the Hyper Draw of the Sequencer! I feel like I'm almost there but am doing something wrong...

Please help!!

Ian
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome Ian, was trying to look up the sysex to be used in the NL 1 manual but Clavia does not have it anymore it seems. When the string you send alters the sound of the Nord it may not be the right one as I would not expect a controller dump request to change the sound.
ianr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the reply. I have the manual and have the sysex details I need, but my problem really lies in how to send the actual request from Logic to the Nord... I think this is where I'm doing something wrong.

As I said, not really on topic here but I had no luck in the Logic forum I use, and I was unsure if the Nord acted differently from other synths in this area.

So basically (for clarification! Smile ) if anyone can spare the time to give me a basic step by step tutorial on how to send this request from Logic 8 to the Nord, I would be eternally grateful! I can't find ANY info on how to send this specific sysex message at all...

Thanks!
ian
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
Jump to: