electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Cwejman Sound
Cwejman S1 MKII VS. Modular
Page 2 of 4 [84 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jazzpunk wrote:
I do hope that Cwejman will offer you an affordable fix to your unit.

It's not like I want to talk bad into good as to me this seems to be a convincing case of an "unlucky design decision", maybe with bad follow-up support even ... but please do keep in mind that companies like Cwejman are small and as such are not able to implement service at a level as expected consumer good producers.

A factory recall of a complete batch might come close to a death sentence for the company.

Jazzpunk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
It's not like I want to talk bad into good as to me this seems to be a convincing case of an "unlucky design decision", maybe with bad follow-up support even ... but please do keep in mind that companies like Cwejman are small and as such are not able to implement service at a level as expected consumer good producers.

A factory recall of a complete batch might come close to a death sentence for the company.

I understand what you are saying but honestly, I have to side with Sound on this one. I would be pretty upset as well.

Cwejman should do right by those who are making it possible for them to stay in business and come up with an 'upgrade' plan that would be financially feasible for all involved.

Just my 2 cents.
Jazzpunk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sound wrote:
And a surprise, Someone has sent me a picture of the PCB of his S1MK2 and it has a hole under each jack socket. This S1 was bought this year.

Did the person who sent you the picture say what serial number their unit was?
Sound

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
Jazzpunk wrote:
I do hope that Cwejman will offer you an affordable fix to your unit.

Jazzpunk wrote:
Cwejman should do right by those who are making it possible for them to stay in business and come up with an 'upgrade' plan that would be financially feasible for all involved.

Good to read you, guys. Blue Hell made the reflection, and Jazzpunk look for a solution.

Its curious but those two thoughts are the same that I had on may 2007 when after my first examination of the S1 due I understood that the only real solution was replace the PCB.
I tried to phone Cwejman in order to talk about this matter. I would liked to know if he has a already a new PCB, If he was working in its design... I also wanted to offer my support and afford a part of the PCB.

In my first mail that I have sent him, where I informed him about this matter, I tell him that I will phone. A friend of mine, who speaks well English ,came to my home in order to talk with Wowa. Because my friend was there we phoned him maybe 5 times, without answer, I sent a mail informing him that I was phoning and please if he can tell me a day for phone him. The telephone number that I have used was the number that appears in the invoice In the next mail that him sent me said:

"PS I saw on telephone display that you called me at least 10 times(!) during one day. The telephone number I gave you is only for my private use and I use only email as communication with my customers and it works fine. I, usually, answer very fast. Please respect my privacy. Thank you."

Bravo! It made me angry. I have a Syntrhesizer that had some problems, and that now have a big problem and you don't want to talk 5 minutes by phone with me? What is that?
When I sent him my measures and the pictures, He answered me that I lost the warranty because I had opened the synthesizer. No word about my measures.
The only solution that he offered me is to change the nuts for other ones 0,4mm higher and I did not accept it because according my measures it does not work.

So , the facts are:
The synthesizer fault under warranty.
The synthesier must be fixed with a real solution. I want to patch again my S1

Best.
Sound

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is clear, that it is an human mistake. Their machines are very good quality. People will forgive it but the manufacturer must to found a solution.

He must to take the bull by the horns- like we say-
It will not be easy for him but always there is a solution.

Ideas:
He must to publish here or in his website the serial numbers of the synthesizers affected. Aware their owners to do not patch the S1. I think that they can damage it because the shorts.

Explain what happens - I can not afford the reparation or I need the help of my customers for afford the reparation or I can repair 20 synthesizers by year or I can repair 10 synthesizers by year, or I will found a solution.

OR he can tell: The measures of sound are not correct.

He must tell whatever he think. But he must to tell something!

Maybe he will found more people, that he thinks, that will support him. but he must talk. And he must answer the phone.

Best Regards.
Jazzpunk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sound wrote:
I would liked to know if he has a already a new PCB, If he was working in its design... I also wanted to offer my support and afford a part of the PCB.

I'm confused! Confused

Is there a new PCB design in the S1 MKII now or is it still the same? Is the picture of the new PCB board that you posted earlier in this thread from an S1 MKII or is it from one of the Cwejman modules?

I'm definitely going to stay away from the S1 until I know if this issue has been resolved!

Last edited by Jazzpunk on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Sound

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jazzpunk wrote:
Sound wrote:
I would liked to know if he has a already a new PCB, If he was working in its design... I also wanted to offer my support and afford a part of the PCB.

I'm confused! Confused

Is there a new PCB design in the S1 now or is it still the same? Is the picture of the new PCB board that you posted earlier in this thread from an S1 or is it from one of the Cwejman modules?

I'm definitely going to stay away from the S1 until I know if this issue has been resolved!

I'm so sorry about my English.

These were the questions that I wanted to ask by phone to the manufacturer in may 2007.

The last picture is from a S1. It has a new PCB with a hole under eack jack socket.

If there is something that is not clear, please ask me. I will try to explain again.

Thanks.
Jazzpunk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sound wrote:
Jazzpunk wrote:
Sound wrote:

I'm confused! Confused

Is there a new PCB design in the S1 MKII now or is it still the same? Is the picture of the new PCB board that you posted earlier in this thread from an S1 MKII or is it from one of the Cwejman modules?

I'm definitely going to stay away from the S1 MKII until I know if this issue has been resolved!

I'm so sorry about my English.

These were the questions that I wanted to ask by phone to the manufacturer in may 2007.

The last picture is from a S1 MKII. It has a new PCB with a hole under eack jack socket.

If there is something that is not clear, please ask me. I will try to explain again.

Thanks.

Thanks for the clarification!

I e-mailed Wowa to find out if/when the PCB boards had been 'upgraded' but have not heard back from him yet. Without this information I cannot be sure that I am purchasing an S1 MKII with the proper revision. Obviously I cannot ask the dealer to open the unit as that will void the warranty!

Thanks for all of the information and good luck! I really do hope you will be offered some sort of resolution.

Last edited by Jazzpunk on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Sound

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jazzpunk wrote:
Sound wrote:
And a surprise, Someone has sent me a picture of the PCB of his S1MK2 and it has a hole under each jack socket. This S1 was bought this year.

Did the person who sent you the picture say what serial number their unit was?

Nop.

But it is easy to know which PCB has your S1.

One way is open it. It is only 5 screws.

Other way is more easy: Very carefully, put a thin wood stick into a jack socket. If the S1 has the new holed PCB, the stick will enter more than 5 centimeters. Behind the LPF Mixer, MMF Mixer, LPF and MMF there is a steel faceplate protecting the PCB from the power supply. So you must to try it in the jack sockets of other modules.
monads

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really interesting thread going on here. I'm at work right now, but I believe the serial of my S1mk2 is #77. Soon as I get home I'm going to test Oscar's (Sound) findings.

Jazzpunk I'll give you a more detailed response to your initial question soon as I get a chance this weekend. Hopefully I can help.

monads
monads

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sound wrote:
The full matter

I bought one Cwejman S1 Mk2, serial number 021 directly to the manufacturer, Wowa Cwejman, on 12 april 2006

I received it and I noticed that one envelope can not be retrigered. I sent the synthesizer to the manufacturer, he fix it and sent me.

The oscillator 2 fault in august 2006, I sent the synthesizer again in 28 september and the manufacturer return me it in 10 November 2006, He had changed the PCB.

In beginnings 2007 I had noticed that the "external input" of the LPF and the “white noise” output of my S1MK2 do not work well. There was like a short circuit, crossing signals and noise.

After a first examination, in may 2007, of my Cwejman S1mk2, I concluded that the reason for this problem is that when you plug in any socket jack of a S1MK2 you are touching the printed circuit board with the tip of the plug jack.

I had contacted the manufacturer and he confirmed me he was aware about this problem. He said that he would send me a front panel nuts 0,4mm higher and a tool for that I be able to fix it.

I would have appreciated if the manufacturer had informed me about the problem at the moment that he detected it. Also I would have appreciated that he attend me on phone but he didn’t want.

In a careful second examination, I took measures and photographed the PCB of the S1MK2, serial number 021, and as a consequence I can infer that according with my measures there is a failure in its design. You con see it below.

Also I had examinated the VCEQ-3 serial number 26 which the manufacturer sent me only one month later than the S1MK2 and in its PCB there is a hole under each jack socket in the way that the tips of the jacks plug can not touch the PCB.

That could solve the problem of the S1MK2.

Well, my S1mk2 is serial #71. It was purchased in October of 2005 from Analoguehaven. If Wowa did change the PCB design it was very recent, and yes doing a major recall would bankrupt him. However I have not noticed any problems with my S1mk2. I can confirm the hole under each jack socket in newer Cwejman modules. I also have the VCEQ-3 purchased in July of 2006. It is serial #10, and DOES NOT have the holes under the jack sockets. However, I examined my FSH-1 module purchased in February 2008 and noticed the holes Sound is talking about! It's also present on my NS-4 module purchased in August of 2007.

I think it's safe to assume my S1mk2 is not of the later newer designed PCBs. I did test the "external input" and "white noise output" of my S1mk2 and didn't notice any crossed signals or problems. I will say the NS-4 module sounds smoother comparred to the S1mk2 noise generator though.

Really it's tough to say, theres other S1mk2 users out there. If this was a major issue why haven't more come forward? Maybe they're not having the problem, or just don't know it exists and think it's normal operation of their S1mk2s? If your thinking of purchasing an S1mk2, and this might be an issue for you it would appear the newer serials have had a design change in their PCBs to eliminate any worries with regards to this issue. I don't think this means all other previous released versions and modules are flawed.

I also took a look a different pachcords I have on hand:

Cwejman S1mk2 supplied patchcords
Patchcords purchased from Bigcity Music (Analogue Systems)
Mogami patchcords purchased from Analoguehaven

I noticed from eye's view the Cwejman S1mk2 appear a 'hair' longer than the other ones I have. I've never really used the patchcords originally supplied with my S1mk2 so maybe this is why I haven't had any issues?

Well, those are some of my findings.

monads

Last edited by monads on Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sound

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Monads!

Is your S1 a MK2 or only a S1?
Jazzpunk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

monads wrote:

Well, those are some of my findings.

monads

Very nice of you to follow up with your findings.

Thanks!
monads

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sound wrote:
Monads!

Is your S1 a MK2 or only a S1?

It is the S1MK2. Interestingly enough, the front panel says S1, but the back panel says S1MK2 as well as my manual. Looks like Wowa put the full name on the front panel on the newer units.

Anyone who wants a full in-depth review of the S1MK2 should also check out the soundonsound article (published in August 2004) below.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/aug04/articles/cwejman.htm

Sound, is your S1 the MK2 version? What I'm finding odd is if you purchased your S1mk2 from Wowa in April 2006 you should have a later serial than 021. Unless he screwed up the serials. The soundonsound article shows pictures of an S1mk2 for the review and it's serial is 028 (I have the article, it doesn't show up on the web edition). This is back in August 2004. How then can you have 021 purchased in April 2006? Further, my serial appears to be #71, which would seem right given the incremental numbering from the 2004 article above to 2005 when I purchased my unit.

Maybe you can include some pictures of the front/back panels of your S1. If Wowa screwed up the numbering some expanation is in order.

monads
Sound

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn´t know it! ... My S1 is labeled as a MK2 in the front panel as well in the back panel. Maybe he resets the serial number when he change the front panel?

Quote:
I did test the "external input" and "white noise output" of my S1mk2 and didn't notice any crossed signals or problems.

These jacksockets are wich are failed in my S1, but it can be in any jacksocket, the majory have the circuits passing under them.

Quote:
I noticed from eye's view the Cwejman S1mk2 appear a 'hair' longer than the other ones I have. I've never really used the patchcords originally supplied with my S1 so maybe this is why I haven't had any issues?

Yes, if you are using jack plugs shorter than 14,2mm you can not touch the PCB nor debaste the greenpaint, nor short the cooper of the circuits with the tip of the jack plug.

The Cwejman S1mk2 supplied patchcords, at least mines, measures within 14,4 to 14,8mm
I found this plug jack that measures 15,5mm
http://www.lumberg.com/Produkte/PDFs/1532_03.pdf
And also this others that measures 13,5mm
http://www.lumberg.com/Produkte/PDFs/KLS22.pdf
Suposed that the last ones can oscille within 13,2mm to 13,7 mm we have still 0,5mm without touch the PCB.
I'm wondering if the cooper is nacked, 0,5mm is enough for avoid any short? any one knows it?

Other point is that for debaste the green paint that protect the PCB allowing the short within the cooper of the circuits and the tip of the jack plug you must plug the S1 often. Maybe anyone that not is patching the S1 often , he will not notice anything.

Other thing that I observed, but is not possible to see in the pictures, is that there are some jack sockets that have a very thin like plastic sheet within the jack socket and the PCB and other jack sockets are without this plastic. In the case of these that have the plastic sheets it will take more time to debaste the plastic and after the green paint.

Best Regards.
monads

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sound wrote:
I didn´t know it! ... My S1 is labeled as a MK2 in the front panel as well in the back panel. Maybe he resets the serial number when he change the front panel?

It appears the serials were reset when Wowa added MK2 to the end of S1 on the front panel?! It's puzzling to me and makes no sense.

Sound wrote:
These jacksockets are wich are failed in my S1, but it can be in any jacksocket, the majory have the circuits passing under them.

Makes me worry now since it can happen on any jack-socket depending on how frequently used. Only thing I feel positive about right now is I never really used the Cwejman supplied patchcords. It was just blind luck I used my other ones, and these tips don't appear as long as the Cwejman ones. Maybe that's all I really needed to not damage my PCB.

In the long run it could prove problematic without a solution or exact measurments confirmed from Wowa Cwejman. I do remember (and still do) patch with these patchcords. I haven't noticed any problems, then again I haven't tested every jack-socket to be 100% sure. I didn't know there were different 1/8" patchcord "tip" lengths for these synths either.

I think a solution & statement from Wowa is warranted with these concerns/findings. We're talking about a $3,000+ instrument here in the states and the PCB becoming damaged from normal patching is unacceptable. That's the main feature. Sure the problem may be fixed on newer S1mk2s, but what about the customer base who has the previous version? Currently there's no statement or solution. Heck, no one would even know about this issue unless Sound came forward (thanks by the way!)

As it stands right now, this is a pretty big issue for earlier S1mk2 owners/users.

IMG_0929_2.JPG
 Description:
Pic from the soundonsound article showing serial 028 used for the review.
 Filesize:  3.61 MB
 Viewed:  575 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

IMG_0929_2.JPG

Last edited by monads on Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
monads

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Cwejman S1 MKII VS. Modular Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jazzpunk wrote:
So, my questions/concerns are;

1. Just how modular is the S1? It seems to have enough patch points to integrate nicely into a bigger system but as I said, I am a newbie so I may be overlooking some glaring ommissions that could come back to haunt me later!

Well it’s semi-modular so everything is pre-patched for you. The patch points on the front panel are a big feature and the S1mk2 will integrate nicely in a larger modular setup. One thing to consider is going with a system that uses the 1/8” plugs or the ¼” plugs. For example; Doepfer, Analogue Solutions and Arp use the 1/8” plugs while Moog and Macbeth use the ¼”. You can still integrate the systems, I just find using 1/8” to ¼” plugs annoying.

The S1mk2 is a great system. I would’ve liked the patchpoints located on the rear found on the front panel, however it’s understandable given the space limitations. I would also have liked a sine wave option on the LFO instead of one of the Random slew rate options.

Jazzpunk wrote:

2. Are the modules 'better' than the S1? The same? How do the oscillators compare? I noticed that there are more features on the modular versions of the filters. How much would I be missing out on?

If we break down the S1mk2 into modules to compare against their modular counterparts there are similarities but there’s differences as well. For example, the pulsewave on the VCO-6, I could not duplicate it on the S1mk2. All other waveforms found on this module as well as ones on the VCO-2RM I could get on the S1mk2. The D-LFO has a sine waveform option, the S1mk2 does not. The MMF-1 has different filter options, etc.

You’re going to get these little differences. Wowa Cwejman had this in mind. His idea was to integrate the two and they could co-exist. Would you be missing out by going with an S1mk2? Tough question. Keep reading Smile

Jazzpunk wrote:

3. What modules would be needed to approximate the S1 MK2? What would the cost of a modular based 'replica' of the S1 be?

I can tell you it will cost more going modular! Here’s what I come up with

ADSR-VC2 $585
D-LFO $595
MMF-1 $495
NS-4 $485
VCO-2RM $640
VCO-6 $425
MX-4S $775
VCA-4MX $585
Rack $970

Total: $5,555(not including taxes, prices based on a US distributor)

Granted you can mix it up a bit. Maybe you don’t want that 3rd oscillator so you can get rid of the VCO-6. The S1 has two filters, I only included one MMF-1. I’m just trying to give you an idea and starting point. Don’t forget you’ll need a Midi/CV converter as well! The S1mk2 already has a Midi/CV built in.

Now you can see, the S1mk2 seems like a bargain for what you’re getting.

Jazzpunk wrote:

Lastly, for anyone who owns the S1 as well as additional Cwejman modules, I would love to hear if the S1 is still a keeper now that you have the modular option. Are you happy with this 'hybrid' set up or would you prefer having gone entirely the modular route?!

I’m happy with my ‘hybrid’ setup and would never get rid of my S1mk2. However I’m not happy about Sound’s findings and hopefully Wowa comes up with a solution for earlier S1mk2 owners.

If I had to do it all over again, I would still take the same route. Going with an S1mk2 then Cwejman modular. It’s expensive starting out modular and it’s not as straight forward to get a sound going. But if money isn’t an option, go the modular route and forget the S1 Very Happy

Last edited by monads on Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jazzpunk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Cwejman S1 MKII VS. Modular Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

monads wrote:
You’re going to get these little differences. Wowa Cwejman had this in mind. His idea was to integrate the two and they could co-exist. Would you be missing out by going with an S1? Tough question. Keep reading Smile

Awesome post man, thanks!
Sound

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After reread what I posted, It is not fair if I don't mention that in the second reparation when I ask the manufacturer for the money of the shipments, he ofered me a module for chose like a compensation for the cost of the shipment and for the inconvenencies. This module is my VCEQ-3

I want to add that the reason of I have posted my experience is in the order to push this matter to a solution. I have no intention in damage anything.

For example it is good to know that there is a new design PCB because now we can recomend it. Its an awesome synthesizer, like the S2 and his modules.

I'm sure that there is a solution. And it will be founded.

Best Regards.
Jazzpunk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sound wrote:
After reread what I posted, It is not fair if I don't mention that in the second reparation when I ask the manufacturer for the money of the shipments, he ofered me a module for chose like a compensation for the cost of the shipment and for the inconvenencies. This module is my VCEQ-3

I want to add that the reason of I have posted my experience is in the order to push this matter to a solution. I have no intention in damage anything.

For example it is good to know that there is a new design PCB because now we can recomend it. Its an awesome synthesizer, like the S2 and his modules.

Hi Sound,
I finally had the opportunity to check out the S1 MKII in person along with some of the Cwejman modules. Gorgeous stuff!

I noticed that the modules had the thicker nuts that you mentioned earlier. I thought they looked really cool!

It seems to me that combining the thicker nuts with the shorter patch cables that you found might actually be the perfect solution. I think you should at least try it and see if it solves your problem.

By the way, how much was shipping for your unit when you sent it in to be serviced? Those VCEQ-3 modules go for $600 here!

Last edited by Jazzpunk on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Jazzpunk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jazzpunk wrote:
Sound wrote:

Hi Sound,
When comparing the MKII to the Cwejman modules, I noticed that the modules had the thicker nuts that you mentioned earlier. I thought they looked really cool!

It seems to me that combining the thicker nuts with the shorter patch cables that you found might actually be the perfect solution. I think you should at least try it and see if it solves your problem.

By the way, how much was shipping for your unit when you sent it in to be serviced? Those VCEQ-3 modules go for $600 here!
Sound

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jazz, let's see what says the manufacturer.
monads

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I got some answers.

First I spoke with Shawn over at Analoguehaven regarding this issue and he tells me they haven’t had any problems with their S1mk2 demo units on display. Mind you these S1mk2s were subject to patching very frequently when there was a storefront. However I do remember using the Doepfer patchcords for patching and not the Cwejman ones.

Second I got in contact with Wowa Cwejman. He tells me the 2005 production year of S1mk2s have higher sockets and should be ok. The serials were reset in 2006 when Wowa went solo. The company began with Wowa and his brother I believe, called Cwejman Sound (under which my S1mk2 came from). Then Wowa and his brother went their separate ways and now the company name is just Cwejman. There are more than 190 S1mk2s out there.

If any other user here has problems with their earlier production unit of S1mk2, just get in contact with Wowa Cwejman. Contact details are on his website or try his address below. He’ll be more than happy to resolve your issues. I know this is not the response Oscar and maybe others are looking for but unfortunately Wowa would not go into detail with me about the matter.

wowa_cwejman@yahoo.se

Last edited by monads on Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sound

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks monads.

Jazzpunk. It is not a perfect solution. Since I can not sell my synthesizer.

Why he designed a new PCB if the 0.4mm higher nut solution is OK?

I think that this matter not need more coments.

Be carefuly patching your S1.

Best Regards.
Jazzpunk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

monads wrote:
Well, I got some answers.

First I spoke with Shawn over at Analoguehaven regarding this issue and he tells me they haven’t had any problems with their S1 demo units on display. Mind you these S1s were subject to patching very frequently when there was a storefront. However I do remember using the Doepfer patchcords for patching and not the Cwejman ones.

I was at Big City Music this weekend playing with the S1 and discussed the issue with them as well. While the demo unit was the older one without the holes in the PCB, they have been using shorter cables as well and thus have not experienced any shorting issues. They were however, happy to have the potential for problems brought to their attention as using the shorter cables was just a happy accident!

I was very impressed with the sound of the S1 MKII in person but must admit I had some trouble dialing in sounds. As the S1 MKII runs almost $4,000 (!) I'll definitely need to spend more time with it before I can justify parting with that kind of dough.

Thanks to all for the advice and insights! Very Happy

Last edited by Jazzpunk on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Page 2 of 4 [84 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Cwejman Sound
Jump to: