electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
Automation
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
LS.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Automation Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First off apologies if this makes no sense at all. I am struggling to put it into words.

Can someone please tell me how to find the automation lanes in Logic after writing in automation using the 2X rack front panel knobs.I am a total Newb at using MIDI as this is my first synth and i cant find the relevent automation lanes so i can edit/ redraw them in Logic after writing in automation. None of the MIDI Controller numbers given to me in the manual seem to match up with any of them displayed in Logic.

i.e. after arming my "external" midi track in Logic (set to MIDI channel 1 as using MIDI channel 1 on Nord) and writing in a lead line with automation (write enabled) on and changing it to read after I can hear that the automation is working and can also see it on the Midi region but when i goto the automation lane and say try pull up the CC74 lane it is not the Nord filter cuttoff but something else (i am @ work sorry cant offer the controller name) which has no data on it?

Logic splits my external MIDI lance CC's into MIDI 1 = CC0 - CC64
MIDI 2 = CC65 - CC127

Am i missing something in setup here?

My MIDI setup is NL2X rack MIDI in - RME FF400 MIDI Out 1
NL2X rack MIDI out - RME FF400 MIDI In 1
Roland Controller KB MIDI out - RME FF400 MIDI in 2

Hope someone can help..

Thanks
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a very hard question and I think it has more to do with Logic (computer) then the NordLead... Although, maybe it could be the receiving Midi by the four Slots, but in every case it has to be the Cut-off controller and not something else. The same goes for 'chasing of the CC's', which isn't capable to change the CC numbers too...

Thinking synth I don't see a solution rather then go to http://logic-users.org/
If you succeed to get an answer, we are all interested. Smile

Wout
LS.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Wout. Just posted in a logic forum. Hopefully will be offered the solution shortly which i will share for all here..
LS.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thought i would offer an update

I have found a solution to the automation problem as i can convert my recorded region data either to track automation to edit in the controller lanes (CC names still dont reflect those of Nord but think this is normal as there is no way to change them) or I can automate the regions in the Hypereditor (again CC names dont reflect but got this little hack programme where you rename all the CC controller names in the Hypereditor to reflect those on the Nord so this is probably going to be myroute)

I am setting up an environment where the 4 Part MIDI is on 4 channels (1-4) with 1 extra global channel (16) for all performance bank & Performance patch changes (dont know why these need to be done on a global channel but you cant do a performance change on the normal 4 MIDI channels?) also i have edited all the patch names and banks (14x99 which includes all programs, kits and performances)) to be able to be changed/ selected from within Logic which makes it easy to browse patches and banks without touching the nord and also again easy for any programme changes.

When this is done i am happy to share it with whoever is interested.

Peace
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LS. wrote:
... dont know why these need to be done on a global channel but you cant do a performance change on the normal 4 MIDI channels? ...
The only thing I can think of it's a really 'old' design for a synth, almost 15 years now.
Anyway, the last time I used a studio working with Logic it was possible to make Program Changes and record these in the 'normal' way by just sending a CC like command.

Maybe you want to publish the environment here?

Wout
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
Jump to: