electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
SDS3 Single Voice PCB Run
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 10 of 10 [245 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10
mono-poly

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is not a plan to do that.
It's now full modulare and you can have every channel to have an own modulator instead off one modulation buss on all 4 channels like the origional.
TekniK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mono-poly wrote:
There is not a plan to do that.

Ok,then we all have to encourage Garret ,cross our fingers and just wait the time needed,no matter how long so that he
can get the best out of the project this topic started with, the high desired selfcontaining all on one pcb clone.
mono-poly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This topic started with bubblechamber and he gave up.
mono-poly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

An option can be to have the boards made on one pcb.
So people can make it modular or pre-routed.
But then each voice will have a modulator on it's own and not shared like the orgional.
scriptstyle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

my hands are out of this project for now till time permits. i do think that this is a hard project to tackle do to the lack of correct information that is out there (documentation wise).
TekniK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mono-poly wrote:
An option can be to have the boards made on one pcb.
So people can make it modular or pre-routed.
But then each voice will have a modulator on it's own and not shared like the orgional.

its not a big task to redraw everything tight on one board ,so if the version
from the guy that u know works well its already very positive.
mono-poly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like you got a job Very Happy
TekniK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mono-poly wrote:
Looks like you got a job Very Happy

I only draw (and able to do) in single side,so for a commercial run its not
interesting.
vtl5c3

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does anyone have updated SDS3 schematics, or PCBs from Michael Buchner? I'd like to take a look at the docs, if it's ok to share them.

R.
jmejia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what's the status of this project?

if you're looking for someone to do schematic capture in eagle - i'm happy to assist!
fonik

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

obviously the schematics from michael are not public. otherwise they would have been published...

i once redraw the complete original schematic in eagle and even did a proto board (which wasn't working correctly) - i never have had the time to dive deep into it, and passed the board on to another member here in the forum.

jmejia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Matthias - if I understand the thread correctly - it looks like you broke the schematic out as a single channel.

Was that the board that was too large for free eagle? This schematic? http://www.modular.fonik.de/pdf/SDS3_sch.pdf

I am interest in making a single channel pcb - unless someone else is actively working on this.

I'm interested in picking this ball up if it's been dropped - but I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

Does it make sense for me to work from the schematic in that pdf? If it doesn't fit into free eagle - I might just break it into 2 pcbs.
mono-poly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My tech got the docs and pcb's from Michael Buchner.
If we got a working module i'll talk with Michael about doing a pcb design.
I could use someone's help to put the single pcb's into one.
And from that point we can do a run.
We're working on it but it takes some time to get done.
jmejia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok mono - well ping me if there's something i can do to help! (specifically eagle/pcb layout)
mono-poly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok cool wil do.
Right now it's 3 different boards and wanna move that into one.
So people can build it full modular or prepatched.
scriptstyle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

glad someone is still putting some effort towards this! i am really looking forward to see what you guys come up with.
TekniK

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes,am aswell still looking forward for the results of this project.
jmejia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bumping this thread. I'm happy to do some of the work to get this project going if possible... is anyone working on it right now?
xnor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anything happening with this?
jmejia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This thread has had a *little* more activity: http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-16985.html

At any rate - xnor and I are trying to get this up and running. Currently we have a semi working prototype based on Fonik's old work. If anyone has additional drawings, schematics, discoveries, tips - please share!
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 10 of 10 [245 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: