electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
SDS3 Single Voice PCB Run
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 3 of 10 [245 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 8, 9, 10 Next
wolzow

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd like four as well. No, I NEED four, really!

regards,
wolzow
3vcos

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

anyone have samples of the original or know a site that has them?

mr. bubble, do you have samples of yours?

Very Happy
mono-poly

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These are 2 exmples i made when i had the origional.

http://modular.googlepages.com/sds3.mp3
http://modular.googlepages.com/sds3b.mp3

Took me a while to get someone do the pcb (thx mr bubble)
But it really looks like evyrone is excited about it.

Smile
davemoog

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: SDS3 Single Voice PCB Run
Subject description: SDS3 Single Voice PCB Run
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd be in for 4

Thanks!! mp3's sound great
kitsch-bent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'm certainly in for four...

thanks!
krisp14u

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would like to order 4
cheers

Paul Darlow

www.krisp1.com
Level5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm in for 4
bubblechamber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

getting pretty close on the layout. trying to get the noise and LFO sub-modules in place. then the checking and optimization of the layout. hopefully i'll be ready to etch the prototypes next weekend.
i'll keep you guys posted as this progresses.
david

mono-poly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thx david
Rykhaard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks David! Especially now that I'm looking at the possibility of owning a partial Simmonds Kit w/ 2 Rolands AND a full Roland kit! Surprised Woohoo! (Maybe. x 2. Wink ) Smile
bubblechamber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just a quick update, i've put together a list of everyone that is interested and it looks like we're pushing 200 PCBs. so we're looking at somewhere around $6US/PCB+shipping. and unless you REALLY need it fast the shipping shouldn't be more than $3-6US for domestic, $5-8US international for the average order(4 PCBs).

white seems to be leading the race for soldermask color.

i just did a run of white boards with black type for another project and they look really great. the only warning is that you'll really want to use organic flux core or deflux your boards, the brown goo remains REALLY show up on the white.
regardless, i think we all have more than enough green boards in our systems and aesthetics matter, even when no one can see it.

and thanks for the enthusiasm, guys. i was expecting it would be tough to hit 100.
david

Peake

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the project!

Are you using the LM301 noise circuit with the twisted wire "antennae"? Shocked

"IC 741. Sometimes you don't want fidelity." -Small Bear Electronics Catalog
urbanscallywag

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Put me down for 4 please. Very Happy
filterstein

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

5 boards for me please
loopcycle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can i get in for (4) boards too?
will these pcbs be single-sided?
bubblechamber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

loopcycle wrote:

will these pcbs be single-sided?

yes, there are quite a few jumpers right now, but i expect that will thin out as I optimize the layout. all the jumpers are 0 ohm resistors in the layout, but you could just use wire.

i finished the initial layout this afternoon. i'll be double checking the layout over the next few days and then the prototyping stage starts next week.

here's a pic of where we're at. right now it's 100MM x 125MM

SDSv.5.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  290.93 KB
 Viewed:  371 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

SDSv.5.jpg

cliq

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i am in for 4 pcbs, too.
thanks
dave_b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If it's not too late, I'm in for four as well. Thanks for the effort!
mono-poly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any updates?
bubblechamber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey guys, i'm in the middle of checking the layout, i should be finished tonight/tomorrow. i'll be making a prototype over the weekend if everything checks out. we're on target to place an ordered toward the end of the month.

we're over the 200 PCB mark on the list, so we're looking at $6 each, for most people the shipping will be about $5. the average order is going to be about $29US for 4 boards+shipping.

i've been talking with creatorlars about doing some panels for a 4 voice clone. he's thinking about a silkscreened SDS3 style panel.

we're getting there. sorry i haven't been very chatty lately. i've got another big project coming together over the last month of so and it's been tough to keep my focus sometimes.
david

bubblechamber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that went surprisingly fast. only a couple of small mistakes and 1 sorta big one, i forgot to hook up the output of the 3080 to anything....
i should have the corrections done shortly and get on with the etching in a day or 2.

djthomaswhite

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked NICEEEEE

I'll take 4 as well. Thanks!

Thomas

Rykhaard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whoa! Just around the corner! Very Happy

Now imagining to myself - 4 x SDS3's; 2 to 4 MPS's and 2 to 3 of my Liquid Hihats? Look out kit-wise, Neil Peart; Keith Moon and Terry Bozzio! Laughing Laughing
mono-poly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bubblechamber wrote:
hey guys, i'm in the middle of checking the layout, i should be finished tonight/tomorrow. i'll be making a prototype over the weekend if everything checks out. we're on target to place an ordered toward the end of the month.

we're over the 200 PCB mark on the list, so we're looking at $6 each, for most people the shipping will be about $5. the average order is going to be about $29US for 4 boards+shipping.

i've been talking with creatorlars about doing some panels for a 4 voice clone. he's thinking about a silkscreened SDS3 style panel.

we're getting there. sorry i haven't been very chatty lately. i've got another big project coming together over the last month of so and it's been tough to keep my focus sometimes.
david

Woow 200+ that's cool!
About the panel clone.
Are you gonna put in a modulator in it like the orgional one?
bubblechamber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mono-poly wrote:

About the panel clone.
Are you gonna put in a modulator in it like the orgional one?

there's an LFO on each PCB, but the way i have the board set up you could use 1 LFO for several boards, a 3 position switch would allow a common LFO, dedicated LFO and external mod source or a 2 position to go from common to dedicated LFO.
the LFO output is in HDR7 pins 5 and 7 and the modulator enters through HDR2 pin 15.
i'm trying to stay as close as i can to the original while adding more flexibility...
david

Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 3 of 10 [245 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 8, 9, 10 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: