electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
TL074BCN for Mankato....
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
kas

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: TL074BCN for Mankato.... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everyone,
I've started building my Mankato filter form MagicSmoke and I bought the components from a local store here in Thessaloniki-Greece..The thing is that instead of the TL074BCN I received the TL074CN chip.I know that it's a stupid question but does anybody know if there is a difference that will be a problem for the filter, or I can use this chip?
Thank's Loukas
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome Kas,

nothing to worry about I'd say regarding the different 074 suffix letters.

Tim Servo

Audio files: 11

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: TL074BCN for Mankato.... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Loukas,

The short answer is "yes." Any flavor of TL074 will work in the Mankato. The difference between the various grades is the amount of "Offset Voltage." This is the voltage that appears at the output when the two inputs are equal. In an ideal op-amp, when the two inputs are the same the output voltage should be 0. However in the real world, there is usually some offset voltage that appears at an op-amp output. The "B" grade has the lowest offset voltage, and so I specified those for use in the Mankato to keep the performance of the four filter stages as closely matched as possible. Also, the different grades are very close in price so I thought it couldn't hurt to spec the "better" part. My guess is that you won't see any difference in performance with the "C" grade parts, or if you do, it would be very minor. By the way, the grades are C with a ~10mV offset, A with a ~6mV offset, and B with a ~3mV offset. The second digit in the grade has to do with the temperature range, I believe. The various data sheets available will spell all of that out.

Tim (funny that a B is better than an A) Servo
kas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thnk's for the answers,
I think I will start with the CN and maybe later I will buy the B type ( it's easy to replace it ...)
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
Jump to: