electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com
Another banner month!
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 125
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Another banner month! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

July 2004 Usage Stats

July was a great month for electro-music.com. Our site is growing at a markedly up-tempo pace; just check out the usage chart. The forums are alive and buzzing. In July, thanks to some wonderful support from a supporter who wishes to remain anonymous, we initiated hosting of the former Code404.com Nord Modular email list (see here). We ushered out the month with over 600 members.

The new email list service actually has no impact on the rising electro-music.com statistics, they are separate services on different servers. There definitely was an activity bounce in July which was largely due to some list members becoming active on the forum. I'm glad to see they have been contributors to other topics as wall as the Nord-Modular ones. This site is all about crossing boundaries - breaking down barriers - building new connections. Welcome aboard to all of our new members...

We need the contributions of members if this community is to grow in quality as well as quantity. Please volunteer to write articles and reviews, or champion and nurture one of the forums (moderate, administer and edit are not the operative words). This isn't a plea for money, but to participate more. Share your talent, experience, insights, and just as important, your questions. Consider inviting people who would enjoy the musical diversity here, and who might participate.

We expect big things in the near future, including streaming audio broadcasts of live electro-music events, and a new online media service with unique and far-reaching implications. Elektro80 and I are busy writing code and configuring new web services.

Don't go away for long, we are just getting started...

Last edited by mosc on Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gee...not even my departure for a couple of weeks in July could stop the evergrowing growth of Howard's creature: it's a monster Exclamation

Quote:
Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex - Frank Zappa
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

THis is really good news! Onward electronic soldiers...

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
play

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow.

So, how do I submit an article?
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 125
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

noiseusse wrote:
So, how do I submit an article?

Post a new topic in any forum. If you look at the articles, they are simply regular posts, but written a little bit better because they are intended to be - well - articles. It's good to put a picture or two in there, about 500 to 700 px wide. The images should be links - if you need a picture posted to a web directory, I can help. The site admin, me, can promote any post to article status and put it on the front page. I can add the byline and the category, of course.

If you write an article or review and you want me to proof read or edit it, just send me a PM. When it's ready to go, it's an article.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com
Jump to: