electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Resonant Lopass Gate PCB's (New Batch 4/29/12)
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 3 of 37 [912 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 35, 36, 37 Next
flts

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll take two PCBs... Thanks!

It's pretty much trivial to make a power adapter anyway so no problem for us Euro users.
Funky40

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: Project Update
Subject description: PCB Revision 1.5
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

djthomaswhite wrote:
Hey guys,
2. There is a 3 input "jumper selectable" op-amp summer that can be used for three audio or CV inputs, but not both. Couldn't fit two of them on the board so please be happy with one.

Thats a very cool Idea ! Thank you

djthomaswhite wrote:
3. The pots will be be able to be nice Vishay/Spectrol 248 etc OR Alpha Carbon with .2 spacing (available at Mouser, Bridechamber, etc)
Thomas

please Note:
I think it was Etaion who had the case that a pot was up in fire.
When using tha Alpha printmountpots on such a drawing with both Options,
the traces to the inner pads for the spectrolpots should or must be cutted.

Read from the Middle, Etaoins posts......
http://www.electro-music.com/forum/topic-23766-75.html
futuresoundsystems

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd definitley be interested in one of these boards. Very Happy
mono-poly

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

16 please
e-grad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4 please!
oshidash

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please count me in for 4. Thanks!
JCM

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4 for me please!
henrikgo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2 for me please!
parasitk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm interested in 4, thanks!
wmonk

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Count me in for 1 or maybe 2. Smile
djthomaswhite

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Pricing and Order Projection NEWS Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all,

All I can say is "Wow!"

I had no idea it would be such a desired PCB project. I figure people would want a couple maybe, but some are ordering 8 or 16 at a time. This is great, but this will also require a significant upfront cost for me to produce the boards. I will have to limit the number of boards being produced, and potentially fill the orders in batches.

The bad news... I am going to have to cap the board run at 200 PCB's! My financial analyst (Wife) is already going to "not be thrilled" with the investment I am putting into this project right around the Holiday time. But, I am a synth junky and I know you are too! So the boards WILL come...

Okay, that's it for now. Off to start double checking circuit paths and such. More to come later,

Thomas

PS. Attached is a new full-color image of the PCB. BUT, do not be fooled. The production PCB will be standard green with white silk screen.

lopass gate color image.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  lopass gate color image.pdf
 Filesize:  72.3 KB
 Downloaded:  357 Time(s)

Last edited by djthomaswhite on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
fluxmonkey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

as from the previous thread, I would like 8 boards, please.

just to mention: i would actually double that request, based on reading that this is a one-time run of boards. but out or respect to the cap on the total runs, i'll stick to my original. (i suspect that some of us are stocking up a bit based on that one-shot stipulation, tho not me: thats 1 quad unit each for 2 of the formats i use most) i would also be willing to prepay if the thats the limiting factor for you, although i understand that this is generally not a great idea.

finally and again: thanks to you and all involved for this valuable contribution to the DIY community. thanks also for your care and respect for both Don and other vendors--that kind of ethic is very important to me, and i'm proud to see that it really is the norm among SDIYers.

best
bbob drake

urbanscallywag

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would like 8 boards please.
Dave Kendall

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If it's not too late, I'd like 4 boards please....

cheers,
Dave
djthomaswhite

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Only ten left from the run of 200 to be reserved. If other requests come in after that, they will go on the first-come, first-served list for flake orders or cancellations. Version 1.6 is complete and the traces look good. I will order more proto's this week if I can to get this project to the final phase.

I know this whole order has been on the weekend. I think maybe more orders will come through on Monday when browsers are back at work. I'll keep any additional demand in mind and try to get together a *possible* second run. This is completely hypothetical at this time and I cannot promise anything. So, keep posting your interest so I can tally the overall interest in the project. Again, I did not think so many people would be wanting 4 at a time for quad units. With the extra board features like resonance and the input stage these quad units could be quite large.

I'm now moving on to schematic, wiring diagram and build docs. These will all be provided electronically to save paper. The boards will also be ROHS for environmentally focused status. Thanks again, more to come later!

Funky40

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I take 4 Boards, thanks
Sine

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4 boards here please,

Payment up front would be no problem at all
vtl5c3

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If not too late, I'll take 6 more, making for a total of 8.

Romeo
Muff Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i just want to echo some of the previous posts and say that for one, I'm extremely grateful to Mr. Buchla for giving this project his approval - very generous and kind, thanks.

And, equally, I'm very happy to see that Thomas is doing everything in his power to make sure this project is as ethical as possible - clearing the whole thing with Don, making sure not to interfere with manufacturers who are selling similar projects in certain formats, etc.

The whole thing is just totally classy. Well done, this is something to be proud of and I'm happy to be able to get involved with such a good project. Excellent work gentlemen, this is how it should be done.

thanks for all your efforts Thomas Cool

djthomaswhite

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All boards of this initial batch are spoken for, provided all who spoke with interest will follow up with payment when invoicing time comes.

I appreciate the words of support on the project. The only way to do anything is the right way. Yeah, it takes longer to get it going and off the ground but it feels better in the long run.

Again, please continue to express interest (if any) in future "potential" runs of boards. Thanks!

BTW, Here is the modified schematic document (just finished).

Thomas

Lopass Gate Schematic Rev 1.6.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Lopass Gate Schematic Rev 1.6.pdf
 Filesize:  60.1 KB
 Downloaded:  328 Time(s)

haricots

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm interested if any boards become available.
LektroiD

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How much to ship a couple (2) over to the UK?

Sorry if this has already been asked Wink
djthomaswhite

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Lopass Gate Parts List Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What a long weekend in front of the laptop, Very Happy

Here is the parts list for the PCB's. Even if the board has an error or two the parts listed here are what will end up in the final production run (plus or minutes a few mods from any last minute additions). Have to throw that caveat in there to be safe.

Still working on shipping International. Domestic US shipping will be included in the price of the PCB. I'm trying to find nice padded envelopes but want ones that are recyclable to be 100% in line with ROHS, my affinity to Green living and, well... just because really. More to come soon!

This whole weekend has flown by. I will not be working on anymore build docs for now. This post has the existing board layouts, the schematic and switch wiring diagram, and now the parts list. I will only make some sort of instructions if due to popular request. The PCB legend shows the part values and the wiring will be specified on a yet to be produced wiring sample diagram. This will be put together after the proto run and final testing before production begins. Thanks folks,

Thomas

apemandan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

put me down for 2 boards! Thx
stijn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

unbelievable, missied this one!!

I'm up for 4 boards definitaly!
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 3 of 37 [912 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 35, 36, 37 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: