electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Resonant Lopass Gate PCB's (New Batch 4/29/12)
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 38 [927 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 36, 37, 38 Next
djthomaswhite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject:  Resonant Lopass Gate PCB's (New Batch 4/29/12)
Subject description: Taking orders again!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello builders and analog tweakers,

I am making some of the Resonant Lopass Gate (RLPG) circuit boards available again. I need to replace some that we're sadly lost in the shipments for the last batch and to replace my personal board stock for my own projects. I have received interest for additional boards recently so I will be taking orders to include extra boards in this replacement order.

If you want boards, please PayPal $15 per board to djthomaswhite@yahoo.com with "RLPG Order" in the subject line and I'll note your order. This cost per board includes shipping (global) via USPS. I always replace any boards lost in shipping, hence this order. 

This board is the latest revision, but I will fix the IC ground issue in the mixer section thereby eliminating the need for the kludge to fix the board. Board orders are being accepted from now until May 13th with the new board order being placed on Monday the 14th. Boards take 2 weeks to arrive so orders won't start shipping until the week of May 28th. I know this delays delivery, but I order boards to demand and this method has worked well in the past. 

I hope you find the news that I am making this limited run of Resonant Lopass Gate boards available to be good news. This project is a fun one and people from beginners to experts have enjoyed it. Please contact me with any questions or feedback directly at djthomaswhite@yahoo.com

Thank you,

Thomas White
Natural Rhythm Music
http://www.naturalrhythmmusic.com/lopass.html

Check out:

http://www.naturalrhythmmusic.com/lopass.html

I have made a page dedicated to the 2nd run of boards and it has pictures, document packet, and other information all in one place. There is a PayPal cart to buy boards.

Current ETA on arrival of next batch/ship date is mid-June. Buy now so I know how many you need in advance of placing the order next week. Thanks!

Thomas

older posting info...

I just got the approval from Don himself to put together second PCB run for the Mathias (Fonik)-based PCB layout of Don's classic Lopass Gate. The PCB has been modified to include the very functional resonance mod and a "deep" switch to adjust the offset range with one extra resistor in the circuit. The module features the classic features of:

1 single Lopass Gate section including...
Offset Pot
Resonance Pot (NEW feature)
Mode switch (Filter/Both/Amplitude)
CV input
Audio Input
Audio Output
Deep Switch (NEW feature)

It's DIY, so you can use any set of single Vactrol's you'd like (slow, fast, whatever... but not tested with CLM6000 or others. Vactec only so far on my prototypes)

PCB's will be double sided, solder masked with silk screen from PCB Express. Please reply to this if you are interested in this project so I can gauge the interest-level. I know there are other pre-assembled Lopass gates out there , but no one offers a PCB. My hope is that this run will fill that gap and get more people making vactrol music.

More information to come sooner rather than later guys. Remember, I'll do the best I can between work, school, wife and still maintaining my own builds. Rolling Eyes Hey, gotta say it now before things get rolling right?

Thanks!

Thomas

PS. I'm a first timer with posting like this on electro-music. Please contact me if I am missing something related to proper following of the rules (Privately please)[/size][/color]

DSCN4927_2.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.21 MB
 Viewed:  1060 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

DSCN4927_2.JPG

Resonant LPG Rev 3.0 Document Packet.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Resonant LPG Rev 3.0 Document Packet.zip
 Filesize:  498.79 KB
 Downloaded:  1685 Time(s)

Last edited by djthomaswhite on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:28 am; edited 31 times in total
bugfight

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4 for me please.
neandrewthal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4 more here please Very Happy
sneakthief

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2 please. glad the resonance option has been added.

and cheers to Don for supporting the DIY scene Smile

krisp14u

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

5 for me cheers

Paul Darlow

www.krisp1.com
a_guy_called_tom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3 for me please. 12v and Euro connectors would be nice.
Great project, thanks for doing it!
Funky40

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: Buchla "292c Resonant" Lopass Gate PCB Project-Intereste
Subject description: With permission from Don himself

djthomaswhite wrote:
I am looking for the following information from people who have built this PCB design from Fonik's "Buchlaesque" modular page:

1. Does it run on +/-12v? I only have +/-15v and cannot test this
2. Would you want a Euro power connector on it if possible with 12v? What if it only runs on 15v?

I have Fonik LPGS running on 15V and on 12V ( in the same DIY Cabinet )
That works fine. There where no obvious Gain differences noticable for me
Fonik mentioned that i can adjust the Gain with R14 ( refering to the Grenader layout found at Foniks site )
Just make this as a Trimmer. I have done it so on my proto, but never checked trimming .
The outputgain on the LPG is IMO anyway a bit low, especially as it has no Headroom and distorts quick and bad.
So Gaintrimming is anyway a very useful thing.

djthomaswhite wrote:
If you have mods, submit them to me now and I'll do my best to take them into consideration for inclusion on the board. "Jumper-based" mods aka optional ones are best. I'll be putting together a simple build doc for this to include with PCB's.

beside the Trimmer for Gain,
please give the option to have up to three CV inputs.
On my prototype i just multipled C5,R4 and R5 .
Fonik mentioned that he would not make C5 and R4 anymore.
Serenadi had the circuit on the Breadboard and explained the behave of that parts on a german thread.
Seems really not neccessary.
On my proto, C5 and R4 is not populated on CV inputs two and three.
It works fine.
Please, several CV Inputs are very useful !!
The option to have two audio inputs is also cool. Not shure if a simple solution works.
( I added a OPAmp summing stage on my LPG proto. )

i have several Fonik LPGs and one modified one with the options, the modified is much much better to patch with.
Much better possibilitys to work with Sequenzes !
But ofcourse you don't need those options if you just patch FM over a LPG to a Filter or VCO. But one can build several LPGs Wink
good to have the options, really !

Out connections:
please draw the Board that one can solder connectors into.
think to keep 0.15" or 0.2" and not only 0.1", between connectors

thanks for the project.
Not shure yet if i need some

ff
fonik

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i am in for two (2!), please. it's great you made this happen, thomas. i never wanted to do a run of manufactured PCBs because i know there are still people making money from the circuit i used. but now with permission of db himself... Very Happy

BTW i liked to have additional euro power connectors on the PCB (there is plenty of room anyway). i see no reason why this should not work under 12V, 9V or whatever. one would probably have to lower the value of R3 (in my schematic). i myself am using ribbon connectors for the power bus, and i am powering all the modules with 15V - that's my standard Wink

concerning the resonance: serenadi observed a selfoscillation of the opamp in the resonance path at a certain position of the potentiometer and in combination with a certain vactrol. he suggested to put a 33pF cap between pins 12 and 14 of this opamp to prevent the oscillation.

the option for a 2nd CV in would be great, i think (AM!?).

fonik

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: Buchla "292c Resonant" Lopass Gate PCB Project-Intereste
Subject description: With permission from Don himself

Funky40 wrote:
please draw the Board that one can solder connectors into.
think to keep 0.15" or 0.2" and not only 0.1", between connectors

just in case one uses connectors that are not stackable Wink mea culpa

norman phay

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could you put me down for four of these, please. Many thanks! Also, Thanks to DB for permission, wow.
The Alison Project

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will take 6.
www.myspace.com/theyakuzacowboys
RF

Audio files: 28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2 Please!

Nice You Tube demo, Thomas.

bruce
insider

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4 for me, thanks.
asafnetzer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice video, I'm in for 4 boards.

Thanks,

Asaf
doctorvague

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2 for me please. Love the resonance - it sounds different than Doepfer's implementation.
I will probably mod mine with switches to have at least 2 choices of Vactrols each including the NSL-32 for different response curves without having to have 4 separate modules. I love vactrol filters. Thanks so much for the offer! Very Happy Very Happy

EDIT: I hope these will fit in a Frac-rack.

BananaPlug

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Four please.
slo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Put me down for 2 please, fanatastic video, well done.

George
pristak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4 for me as well.
ATOM

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Two please.

Thanks, ATOM
sandyb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4 for me please Smile
Floppy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4 pcbs for me please
Dego

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4 pcbs thank you.

I would prefer .com power connectors Smile I think there is space for all three type of connectors and then you can choose... Like curetronic did with his Roland 100m clones...
aetherpulse

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Put me down for 6.

Thanks,
Baron
crashlander42

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm up for 1, maybe 2. Very Happy

http://www.myspace.com/isaciongun
http://www.youtube.com/user/Crashlander42
My DIY stuff Flickr
Phillip Jeffries

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2 here, thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 38 [927 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 36, 37, 38 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: