electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Roland Kuit's G2 SoundLab I, The Electronic Studio
Page 4 of 12 [276 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ..., 10, 11, 12 Next
memoryshell

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi,
Ive been trying to get in touch with roland for the last few days, coz my bank needs his telephone number and address to process the transaction (apparently, this information is needed for all international transfers), but am not able to get in touch with him.
Anyone here who can help me out?
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it's rather odd to ask these informations (What do they want it for?) but in case of emergency I could act as a go-between, although it would be wise to get in contact with Roland first, because I can't contact him either...

Wout
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From my experience of these sort of transfers they may also need the name of any pets he has as well.
klangumsetzer

Audio files: 18

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi,

so is the english version of rolnd's tutorial available yet? how can i order one?

best regards

eike
---
memoryshell

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wout,

thanks for the help.
well im not surprised at all that they ask for this information, I think its pretty much standard procedure for International Wire Transfers. As a matter of fact, I purchased my nord modular G2 through Novamusik, and the bank wanted not only their address and telephone number but also wanted an invoice signed from Novamusik before they would process the transaction. That was more than a year ago, and was the last time I used a wire transfer, since I didnt need to use one again till now. A few years back while I was in new york, I ordered a jacket from space tribe and paid sin wire transfer, and for that too an address and number was needed, so its not only that this rule is just for India either.
Obviously, it would be more convenient to do this through paypal, but since that is not an option, I hope that I'll be able to get this info soon.
Another option im considering is western union money transfer, gonna check with them one of these days to see if they also need this information. Problem with this option is, I'll have to pay them a hefty transaction fee.
memoryshell

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also not sure how u could act as a go-between, unless u mean I transfer the money to ur account n u transfer it to him. If thats what u mean, then that'll be a real help. But Im assuming that once he gets in touch with you, he will also reply to my emails around the same time, as right now he's probably just busy or something.
However, there is one other thing, as there was one reply I got from him that indicated that his english is not strong, coz I asked him something (related to the bank account) and his reply was about an entirely unconnected thing (description of the tutorial). So thats something I'm concerned about, that he may not properly understand what Im asking for in the emails I sent to him. So maybe I could do with some help there with someone who speaks dutch.
Roland Kuit

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 127

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At my website
Last edited by Roland Kuit on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

roland kuit wrote:
... when people send money to my account, they have to mail me their name and address and also witch version they want.
Roland, do you know already how much money it will be, including postal charges and all?

Wout
ark

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Having translated your DVD into English will probably attract the interest of a fair number of potential customers in the USA. Unfortunately, there appears to be a gap the size of the Atlantic Ocean between the USA and Europe as far as banking is concerned.

I contacted my bank and asked how to transfer money to your account; they had never even heard of a GIRO account and had no idea how to use one.

I contacted the USA division of ING bank and asked how I could deposit a check into your account, and they said that they had no idea how to do it.

So I am wondering whether you might be willing to sign up for a PayPal account, which would allow your purchasers to send money to you in a more straightforward way.
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My ING bank is two minutes walking.
I'll ask tomorow.

Wout
Blue Hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 239
G2 patch files: 319

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ark wrote:
GIRO

Just forget that word, its an ordinary bank account.

Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
ark wrote:
GIRO

What! Next time you are telling me the Pony Express is gone too!

Wout
ark

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:

Be that as it may, US banks seem to have trouble transferring money to foreign banks, and often charge a lot of money for the privilege.

It is easy to mail a check to someone, of course, but my experience is that depositing a check from a USA bank in a European bank is also complicated and expensive.

This is why I think that PayPal may be the way to go Sad
Oli

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Australian banks also charge a lot of money for international transfers. Foreign currency cheques or money orders also cost quite a bit, and take much longer to process. There may also be fees from the bank of the person receiving the money (depends on the bank, not sure in this case).

These are the main reasons I prefer to go direct to credit card where possible, or use PayPal. I think PayPal should be a reasonable option here. If Roland loses some money in fees, he could ask for a little more to compensate, and it would still be cheaper for international purchases. PayPal is also fairly convenient for attaching some information with the invoice/payment, such as download codes or links, email addresses, etc.

Roland Kuit

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At my website
Last edited by Roland Kuit on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Oli

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

roland kuit wrote:
ok, i will get a paypal acount. thanks.

Cool, thanks Roland. Much appreciated.

-Oli

cappy2112

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

roland kuit wrote:

Great-I'm interested too, and have a paypal account as well.

leoleox

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cappy2112 wrote:
roland kuit wrote:

Great-I'm interested too, and have a paypal account as well.

+1
bootlegtrader

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, what he said ^
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll pay you cash, if needed Smile

Wout
deb76

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

Great. I confirm my mail pour la version fran├žaise. Thanks.
memoryshell

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, even my bank had a ridiculous charge of about 20 $ to process this transaction, and the online banking option wasnt working either, so I tried with paypal, and it seems to have worked, though the money is as yet unclaimed.
So, this is for the english version. thanks.
The email address for the paypal transfer will be chetan420@gmail.com.
cappy2112

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

memoryshell wrote:
Hey, even my bank had a ridiculous charge of about 20 $ to process this transaction, and the online banking option wasnt working either, so I tried with paypal, and it seems to have worked, though the money is as yet unclaimed.
So, this is for the english version. thanks.
The email address for the paypal transfer will be chetan420@gmail.com.

That's normal, even though it may not seem reasonable.
Transferring money from one country to another typically incurs a steep transaction fee.

Does Roland have the paypal account setup yet??

Last edited by cappy2112 on Wed May 20, 2009 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roland Kuit

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At my website thanks!
Last edited by Roland Kuit on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Roland Kuit

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Only for people in the Netherlands:

KlankLab Volksuniversiteit Amsterdam
Ik begin per september de cursus KlankLab op de Volksuniversiteit te Amsterdam. Voor geïntereseerden is er een info middag op 29 augustus
van 14.00-16.00 uur.
Adres:
Rapenburgerstraat 73
1011VK Amsterdam
Tel: 020-626.16.26
Page 4 of 12 [276 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ..., 10, 11, 12 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: