electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
HELP! Nord Lead 2 Rack Issue with a Sine Wave out of nowhere
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
geeeek

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: HELP! Nord Lead 2 Rack Issue with a Sine Wave out of nowhere Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there, i will make it as quick as it can get. I am new owner of the Nord Lead 2 Rack Version. I connected my MIDI Keyboard to one of my MIDI In's on my ESI1010 Rack. From the other Output i send the Triggering Signal to the NL. Here is my problem:

When i have open a programm and i turn off the Osciallator 1 and 2 with the Gain Knob in the Amp Section, i STILL hear all the time a Sine Wave Signal. Both Oscillators are shut off, no matter what i change, it has no effect on the Sine Wave coming out of nowhere.

When i push the TRIG Button in another Programm, it sounds like it should be, no underlaying Sine Wave out of nowhere. But as soon as i play the keyboard, there comes the Sine Wave.

I also tried only to connect the Keyboard directly to the NL, still the Evil Sine Wave out of nowhere.

I am new to the Nord Lead, but i hell not understand what is going on. In the beginning i also had a NOISE coming out of nowhere while connecting everything together, but it's gone.

Please oh Please oh help me somebody to get rid of the Sine Wave and to be able to edit my own sounds from the scratch.

Many Thanks
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome geeeek

I think I know the answer. There is nothing wrong with your Rack. It's all about how the synth is designed. I hope you have also the Manual, if not, maybe the seller didn't have it anymore, you can download it in the sticky thread at the beginning of this forum; just scroll the thread.

What happens?
The Keyboard data is coming in by Midi. By pressing [Shift+Midi] and then pushing the Slot buttons the LCD screen shows which Midi channel is used by this particular Slot. Now comes the important bit: All Slots react to the left most Midi channel besides it's own. So when you are playing Slot A in Midi channel 1 (which is the most used set-up in the NordLead) also, to take an example, Slot C can react to Slot A, that is Midi channel 1, even when it's set to channel 11 itself...

Try to find out if one of the 4 Slots contain that sine sound and shut it down using the gain.

Why created Clavia this strange set up? The only reason I could come up with is when creating a Performance one is first creating a Layer, which is reacting to Midi as described above. Once the sound designer want to save the Layer as a Performance all the Midi channels will be set to the right one, mostly channel 1, also together with other parameters, like Pitchbend, OutMode, etc. Setting the Midi channels in the first place to the right number takes to much time and the designer doesn't know yet what he will use...

Hopefully you can do something with this information.

Wout
geeeek

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks, it helped!! many thanks!!
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
Jump to: