electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » News... » Apple Computers
About the Mac OS X 10.3.5 Update
Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: About the Mac OS X 10.3.5 Update Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Apple releases Mac OS X v10.3.5

Quote:
Apple on Monday released Mac OS X v10.3.5, available for download through the Software Update system preference pane. The new version of Mac OS X "delivers enhanced functionality and improved reliability," according to Apple, which recommends it for all users.
Key changes in this release include improved support for NTFS formatted volumes, improves reliability for user logins and mounting of home directories in a networked environment, updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers, improved Bluetooth compatibility for Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse and Bluetooth phones, additional FireWire and USB device compatibility, improved font management, updated Mail and Image Capture applications, improved compatibility for third party applications and previously posted standalone security updates, according to Apple.
About the Mac OS X 10.3.5 Update
anyone Question

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OSX update 10.3.5 killed my Logic Pro!
watch out Exclamation

Quote:
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, I thought it "just works". Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jamos

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 41

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now, now, Mosc - no trolling :') Wink
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Oh, I thought it "just works". Shocked

very funny no no

Quote:
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sorry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
I'm sorry

well....there isn't anything to be sorry about Very Happy

Quote:
Oskar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Something tells me I should be wary of updating, seeing as ProTools seem to have a strong allergy to accomodating other players in the field, be they industrial colleagues/competitors or actual customers. I had to wait until fairly recently to update to OS 10.3 Rolling Eyes
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, in general.. 10.3.5 is quite OK, but it might break some DAWs, some models will show sleep problems.. some powerbooks will have problems.. but in general is quite OK. I have tested the update at work and so far I am pretty sure that if you do lotsa networking stuff, graphics with Adobe products etc. then you should update the OS ASAP. If you are using powerbooks, DAWs, certain special programs for controlling external gear like step motors and shit over SCSI or USB, then you should wait.
Anyway, so far I have tested the update on 3 different Powerbook 15ยจ.. and none showed the reported sleep issues.
Atually, when I do testing I clone the original HD to a disk image, then update the machine and test the various apps and stuff like sleep mode, firewire target mode and more. If something goes wrong I can use the disk image in order to restore the configuration.
trivia: The 10.3.5 has already been on many of the G5s delivered from factory. This update was an attempt to unify the codebase on all models before the next step to 10.4
The update was released now becaus G5s with OS 10.3.5 are on their way to ordinary customers as we speak. there might be an additional 10.3.6 soon in order to fix small issues.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
OSX update 10.3.5 killed my Logic Pro!

it did not kill mine Hail the Master banana dunno welcome

Quote:
trash

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

im still on the logic before pro
and it works ok for me....

duh
ManuMontevideo

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In Logic Pro works OK
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I upgraded to 10.3.5. Rolling Eyes
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow! What happened? Shocked Idea Your house is still standing?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
Wow! What happened? Shocked Idea Your house is still standing?

I knew he was going to upgrade when he started talking about moving the server somewhere else Idea Shocked Cool

Quote:
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The upgrade took a long time. This was surprising. Now that it is running, I can't seen any apparent difference, not that I expected to. It's improtant to keep up on the newest releases of OSes and music software. Thanks to my Norwegian Apple support person....
Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » News... » Apple Computers
Jump to: