electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
New member Andromeda owner
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
seamonkey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: New member Andromeda owner Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everyone, I've been visiting here for years, especially during the times I was having Andromeda GAS, so it's good to finally get my name on the membership list.

I took possession of a brand new Andromeda A6 last week that I purchased from Shawn Cleary at Analoguehaven and it's been pure synthesizer joy from the moment I opened the box, plugged it in and hit autotune.
I'm so happy I made the decision to finally get one, I'm in love with it.
So much has been said about it's capabilities of sounding like analog monsters from the past but this baby has it's own sound, one which I love and can hear so much potential.
I sold my dot.com Porta 22 to fund this and I don't regret it, it can sound like 16 modulars if you want. Laughing

So far I've been going slow and just editing preset sounds to familiarize myself with the layout which I think is very intuitive, very straight forward.
My hat's off to the design team, Mike Peake, Dave Bryce are two I can think of immediately. THANK YOU GENTLEMEN for creating such a wonderful synthesizer.

I've never had a polyphonic analogue before, even tho I do have a Moog Voyager and my previous dot.com for analog sounds.

I'm looking forward to joining in discussions of all things Andromeda.
I've just started on the manual and already downloaded the tips and tricks pdf.

Thanks everyone!!!! Very Happy
purpurkatten

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice to hear from you! Looking forward to hear what you come up with using this great synth! Smile
pinealapoptosis

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome and congratulations!
ThreeFingersOfLove

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome and congratulations on your purchase! Smile
andyval8088

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey seamonkey,

I bought mine from Shawn at Analoguehaven, got it about a week ago! 2699.00 is the best new price I could find. He was really helpful with all my questions.

The only difference is I turned off background and temp tuning and then I hit autotune! ;P

One thing I have found that helps is hitting the different view buttons on a preset to see whats actually going on with them. Of course the manual and tips and trick is good too.

The Andromeda amazes me every time I turn it on. No comparison to any analog polys I've owned/played.

Happy Twiddling!
seamonkey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the greetings.

Yannis, I believe we share membership over at the John Bowen forum as well as being future owners of the beautiful Solaris.
At first I thought there might be a conflict between the two but now that I've had time to work with the Andromeda I can see they are different beasts and will compliment one another well. Smile

I turn the background tuning off as well but I have to leave the temp tuning on, my synth sits right above the heater vent.
Yes I agree, viewing the different menu's of the presets is a great way of learning your way around and one I've found beneficial.

I can't say enough good things about Shawn over at Analoguehaven, very helpful, great communication and you can trust knowing you are getting a new Andromeda(if advertised as such)instead of a rebox.
ThreeFingersOfLove

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seamonkey wrote:
Thanks for the greetings.

Yannis, I believe we share membership over at the John Bowen forum as well as being future owners of the beautiful Solaris.
At first I thought there might be a conflict between the two but now that I've had time to work with the Andromeda I can see they are different beasts and will compliment one another well. Smile

Ah yes Smile ,

I recognised your nickname but couldn't remember - I thought it was in the Moog forum at first. Anyway, when are you getting your Solaris? I have a dilemma about getting a Solaris or a Virus TI (or anything that Access might present in the 2009 NAMM).

Regards,
Yannis
seamonkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Yannis, I've got serial #0022 so I'm hoping to get it before Christmas but it's cutting it close, especially with it being the first production run but at least I've got my new Andi to keep me smiling until it arrives. Very Happy

Before deciding on getting the Andromeda I was considering the T1 Polar, I had an Indigo at one time and loved what it could do so I understand your attraction to the T1.
However, I think the Solaris is quite a bit different than the Virus and once you can hear some user demos it might help in your decision making process.

I haven't heard of any new things coming from Access for NAMM but I haven't really been paying attention since I sold my Indigo.
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: