electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nomad - NM1 Open Source Editor
Success... so far.
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
donpaterson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Success... so far.
Subject description: After months of frustration, a break through.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Perhaps my experiences will aid some other potential uses suffering from the same problems as myself.

I have been attempting to use Nomad for quite a while now, without success. I am using a Mac Mini Core 2 Duo, 1G83Hz, 2 Gig Ram, with MacOSX 10.5.5, a Midiman Midisport 2x2 and a Nord Micro Modular.

Yesterday, I downloaded and purchased Mandolane V2 (Java-OSX-Midi drivers)... and FINALLY noticed under MIDI PROBLEMS (OSX) 'Try disabling external midi clock on the synthesizer using the Clavia editor, then try Nomad again.'

SUCCESS!!! OMG! With the Micro sending out Midi clock... Nomad would not accept the Midisport as a valid interface.

Now I am eager to take some time and learn this wonderful application.

Thank you Mandolane and to the developers of Nomad.

cheers;
don

[/b]
Acidfever

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sadly disabling the midi clock let's me choose the midisport i/o but i still get a timeout while connecting.

Sad
Acidfever

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok...just now i changed the midi clock back to external and voila.....the thing works.

I tried this like a 100 times before and no go. I don't understand this at all!!

Found my problem.....Nomad cannot find any midi devices when my Novation Remote SL controller is powered on.

Any ideas on how to convince nomad to ignore the novation? (or something like that....it's kind of hard to work without your mster keyboard and all).
donpaterson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Quite pleased... except. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have got it working with the exception of two things...

I am not able to 'save to synthesizer' under the FILE menu. My workaround is... I save the patch to my desktop and then use the Clavia Beta Editor to save it to a memory location on the Micro Mod. Perhaps it is some function or preference I don't understand in Nomad.

And the second question is: Does Nomad have a 'soft keyboard'?

Thanx again for this wonderful app. It certainly extends the usefulness of my Micro Modular. I was about ready to look into a Nord G2 Engine, but now I see they are discontinued. It seems strange that the OS/Editor v1.6 upgrade was announced about the same time?
amrz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wondering what is causing this problem; greyed out connection settings.

I'm almost sure that i got Nomad working under my Mac Pro, Nord Modular G1 and Emagic AMT-8. Couple of months passed and i launched Nomad again, and now i have this problem.

I wonder if some Apple update did something to Java or so, when i updated through software update to 10.5. I also tryed that MIDI Clock Ext/Int -trick but that didnt work for me. I also tryed to install 10.6 Java Update, but that didnt help either.

Any suggestions =?. And any clues what is causing this =?.

Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nomad - NM1 Open Source Editor
Jump to: