electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  Rob Adventures in Sound
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Waldorf
Sample playback on Desktop Blofeld!
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
rh2y

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject:  Sample playback on Desktop Blofeld! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

According to the Waldorf website, Waldorf will soon be offering the "License SL", which will allow you to play samples back on the desktop version of the Blofeld. It's described as just a software license, so it must work with the existing Blofeld hardware.

http://www.waldorfmusic.de/en/news

That's about all the details there are -- the article does mention that the Blofeld desktop will be able to play back 60 MB of samples. That sounds a lot like the specs on the Blofeld Keyboard, so maybe the hardware capability was already in the Blofeld and they just hadn't done the firmware to support it until the Keyboard version came out, and now they will be releasing the firmware to allow the desktop to do the same.

I'll be curious to see how much that costs, and what the interface to the outside world is. Surprised

CJ MMx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I saw the fotos of the Blofel desktop guts. It has 60 MB memory on the board.

As for the price for the upgrade there are rumours that it will be about 99 euro..

rh2y

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CJ MMx wrote:
I saw the fotos of the Blofel desktop guts. It has 60 MB memory on the board.

As for the price for the upgrade there are rumours that it will be about 99 euro..

That sounds reasonable; more so if I earned my paychecks in euros instead of dollars.

Has anyone found any videos or other documentation on how you get samples in and out of the Blofeld Keyboard? I have a QS6 and RAM cards, but getting samples in and out is a fair bit of a pain, so I hardly do it. If the Blofeld interface were much easier, it'd be worth the upgrade for me (especially since the Blofeld has WAY better filters than the QS6).

I guess I have some time to save up -- there is no date yet as to when the upgrade will be available. Also, I am still exploring the capabilities of the Blofeld without sampling, so I am in no hurry. But I am glad to hear it will be available. It will be much easier to justify an upgrade to an existing synth than the purchase of a whole new synth.

It does make you wonder if the price of the keyboard Blofeld will come down, since the major difference between the desktop and the keyboard, up until now, has been the 60 MB sampling.

Surely there are folks (like myself) who can't justify the Keyboard's much higher price based solely on the fact that the keyboard is attached.

Russ

Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Waldorf
Jump to: