electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
wish: BBD Delay
Page 9 of 12 [292 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
TekniK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any news abouth this project Juergen?
Assrael

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm in for two (2) boards. The MN3005 chips still on stock.
dcreatorx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: boards Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll take two as well.
(freakwincy)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would be down for 3 boards
dcreatorx

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject: how many ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi ! How many of them I need to buy to build 2 BBD modules ?

Thanks.
jhaible

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: how many ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dcreatorx wrote:
Hi ! How many of them I need to buy to build 2 BBD modules ?

Thanks.

I plan to make something with 2 BBDs, but with an option to only use one.

If no one has reserved the name yet, I might call it "Living Delay" as a reference to emulating the liveliness of the early Dynacord BBD-based echo devices.

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
adambee7

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah "living delay". That's catchy. Very Happy Very Happy
/mr

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a vague feeling of some kind of trend here, in the JH naming conventions lately...
the next project must be a reverb - the "Living Room." Laughing
jhaible

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

/mr wrote:
I have a vague feeling of some kind of trend here, in the JH naming conventions lately...

Laughing Laughing Laughing

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
adambee7

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

/mr wrote:

Thats not a bad name either. Laughing Laughing
loydb

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And a distortion box called "Living Edge".
rosch

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'd like to buy at least 1 pcb too.
how could one test a MN3005 without this? putting it in a deluxe memory man? i could do that (with the delay of a mate) but don't know if it's socketed.
is there an easy way to test functionality, like a stripboard circuit to take some measures?
hoyager

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd definitely vote for modulation, and a switch for just vibrato. Is it easy for something like this to be built with an onboard power supply?

Also is there a clock chip? or something needed to go with the 3005 or is there a modern equiv which can be used?

Cheers,
Andy
blinosynth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...and an 8 stage voltage controlled digital delay ???
http://buchlatech.blogspot.com/2009/08/sometimes-experiments-work.html
http://buchlatech.blogspot.com/2009/08/some-audio-demos.html
buchla 288 Very Happy !!
mph

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am in for one (maybe two ) board.
An onboard modulation would be nice too...

What a great project again.
Thanks JH!
JoeMorris

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is this still going to happen?
TekniK

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wander why this gets delayed over and over while new projects are born.

everybody did source and buy those expensive delay chips..
jhaible

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TekniK wrote:
I wander why this gets delayed over and over while new projects are born.

everybody did source and buy those expensive delay chips..

You wouldn't want me to stop working on the vocoder, now that I have finally gathered the momentum to do it, would you? - And I have to do things like that Trapezoid in between, for the simple reason that I have to earn some money and feed my family.

I'm pretty sure your BBD chips will get more valuable over time, not less.

JH.

TekniK

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The vocoder not,look here an overview of project introduction dates:

Project introductions:

Trapezoid : 25- jul-2010
Moog filterbank: 20-feb-2009
BBD: 1-mar-2009
Vocoder: 17-apr-2008 (reverse engineering in 2007)
Flanger: 8-apr-2009
Resonator: 16-feb-2009
Physical modelling: 19-mar-2010

No offence,its just to remember that you sugested that we buy delay ic's for the comming BBD project,i did buy 20 pcs ,so am getting a bit worry seeing the BBD project been delayed..
/mr

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cheer up, you can design and build 20 of your own BBD delays for the ICs in the meantime, the datasheet tells exactly how to use them! Wink
TekniK

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

/mr wrote:
Cheer up, you can design and build 20 of your own BBD delays for the ICs in the meantime, the datasheet tells exactly how to use them! Wink

Well,i have had already some ideas goin throug my mind,but much simpler as that..

EDIT:

Topic vieuw Stats:

Solina : 48695
Living VCOs : 42247
Vocoder : 32126
Dim D : 25378
BBd : 21505
String Filter: 19725
Resonator : 14997
36db/Oct LPF : 14771
Flanger : 14469
physical mod.: 3965
Trapezoid : 2462

Wink
jhaible

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/search/label/Binson

I guess I have to provide a means to connect two delay PCBs (with two 3005's each) to allow for repeat patterns a la Binson.

Love the Interface with all these separte pushbuttons (even though I never had the opportunity to play with a real Binson).

JH.

sduck

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, that's a pretty amazing sounding device!

Personally I'm just hoping that you can come up with something that has similar functionality as the Blacet Time Machine, but with better specs - I'm sure that's the kind of stuff you could do easily enough!
StephenGiles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/search/label/Binson

I guess I have to provide a means to connect two delay PCBs (with two 3005's each) to allow for repeat patterns a la Binson.

Love the Interface with all these separte pushbuttons (even though I never had the opportunity to play with a real Binson).

JH.

I played with a Baby Binson back in 62-63, Fender Strat with an Echolette amp - what a sound!!!
zthee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't really followed this project. But I'd be very interested in a 2 PCBs when they become available!
Page 9 of 12 [292 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Jump to: