electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc
Why synths on an iPhone?
Page 3 of 7 [153 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
Inventor wrote:

And we all know you have the taste of a true artiste... I mean that sincerely.

I am blushing Embarassed
the iPhone is cool but I tend to prefer specialized tools for specific applications not end-of-world gizmos doing everything.

There will always be the violin, no iThingie can touch that...

x_x

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes I've used the iphone, it's a quite nice device. But some little girl came to my door earlier and she asked me for money to buy some laminates for the roof of her house...it reminded me that the world is fucked up and unfair... and while you have us lucky people that can afford to buy not essential luxury devices like this one you have like 20,000 persons dying from starvation every day and like a lot of people living in extreme poverty.

--"ohhhh but gsanchez, you're sounding like a morality slave...I live my life with a master morality philosophy"

shut up! and eat some cherry pie with some freaking omega 3 in it!

this is irrelevant; feel free to ignore it Very Happy!
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gsanchez wrote:
... and while you have us lucky people that can afford to buy not essential luxury devices like this one you have like 20,000 persons dying from starvation every day and like a lot of people living in extreme poverty.

Gsanchez, if you want to solve world poverty then let me be the first to contribute. I will PayPal you ten bucks if you will promise to use it for this purpose... Let's stop talking and start doing...

x_x

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Inventor wrote:
gsanchez wrote:
... and while you have us lucky people that can afford to buy not essential luxury devices like this one you have like 20,000 persons dying from starvation every day and like a lot of people living in extreme poverty.

Gsanchez, if you want to solve world poverty then let me be the first to contribute. I will PayPal you ten bucks if you will promise to use it for this purpose... Let's stop talking and start doing...

LOL, I don't even have a PayPal because I don't own a credit card.

But yes we should do something about it, I actually thought that giving away music for free and putting like a note that says something like:

"This music is free. If you like it please consider a donation to some starving kid so I can feel less disgusted by humanity Very Happy thanks!"
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You don't need a credit card to have a PayPal account, but whatever. i think I'll make a donation to the Salvation Army. I like that one.

Can you find me the link for that?

x_x

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Inventor wrote:
You don't need a credit card to have a PayPal account, but whatever. i think I'll make a donation to the Salvation Army. I like that one.

cool! Very Happy
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BTW, gsanchez, I detect a healthy rant, your second rant to my knowledge. Keep up the good ranting, it will heal you...
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gSanchez wrote:
actually thought that giving away music for free and putting like a note that says something like:

"This music is free. If you like it please consider a donation to some starving kid so I can feel less disgusted by humanity Very Happy thanks!"

Mr G, please do us a favour and change the record? If you don't like iPhones well fine, but please go tell someone else? thanks

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
gSanchez wrote:
actually thought that giving away music for free and putting like a note that says something like:

Mr G, please do us a favour and change the record? If you don't like iPhones well fine, but please go tell someone else? thanks

Oh, let the man rant, Tom! I may be financially OK now, but I have suffered the extremes of poverty myself, and I understand his bitching attitude if I may be so free as to use that crude description. I once spent a summer scraping up dog shit for a living and was happy to have a job of any kind. Oh no, I'm ranting again...

x_x

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
gSanchez wrote:

Laughing the thing is I do like iphones.

and you are like meta-ranting Rolling Eyes

man, this is like a bit confusing. Laughing
x_x

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry for ranting here.

I'll buy a fish or something that will listen to my rants. Cool

electro-music should have a rant sub-forum... Inventor could be the admin Razz.
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your rants are welcome, gsanchez.

I'd put the rant forum right next to schmooze. And I'd rant some a bit myself on that forum!

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gsanchez wrote:
...the world is fucked up and unfair... and while you have us lucky people that can afford to buy not essential luxury devices like this one you have like 20,000 persons dying from starvation every day and like a lot of people living in extreme poverty.

Good point. This is a dilemma for anyone with a conscience.

In some ways, this entire site is full of selfish self-indulgent materialistic elitist self-serving claptrap. But, sometimes is it full of unselfish generosity, goodness, love, respect and support for everyone.

Gsanchez, post all your music here at no cost to you, and ask people to donate money to a worthwhile cause. We will all support you.

Still, I find it amusing that the little iPhone has become a symbol for opulence and excess. The phone itself is not all that expensive comparatively speaking, considering it is a music player of considerable power as well, not to mention the applications we have been discussing. A rudimentary guitar, flute, trumpet, or banjo costs much more. Even Native American flutes are more expensive. Yet, when someone gets out a simple wooden flute to play you don't hear such rants.

The iPhone monthly charge are not much different from any other phone where you get internet access.

Seraph wrote:
the iPhone is cool but I tend to prefer specialized tools for specific applications not end-of-world gizmos doing everything.

The iPhone, in this very topic, is a lightning rod for hostility. Why should the mere mention of these iPhone synths imply that other musical methodologies are diminished?

On the positive side, this year's electro-music 2009 festival will be held at a Salvation Army camp, so attending will pass through support to that cause. There is now a moral imperative to attend. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:

The iPhone, in this very topic, is a lightning rod for hostility.

no,no,no hostility (I am sorry if my rant sounded that way). I was only trying to explain my preferences for other user interfaces for musical applications.

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good to hear. I must be over reacting, something I am prone to do lately for some reason.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gershwin wrote:
Let's Call the Whole Thing Off

let's say that if I had an iPhone I would not feel the need of using it for musical purposes.

Peace Very Happy

Quote:
GovernorSilver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Inventor wrote:
seraph wrote:
Inventor wrote:

And we all know you have the taste of a true artiste... I mean that sincerely.

I am blushing Embarassed

There will always be the violin, no iThingie can touch that...

I play cello (badly) but I still want an iPhone. Laughing

Some old stuff on VIRB
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

beware Exclamation the iPhone is a secret weapon of 4th dimensional malevolent aliens to subjugate earthlings Wink

I see black helicopters. Where is Elvis when you need him Question Shocked

Quote:

Last edited by seraph on Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
GovernorSilver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about synths on an iPod Touch? That's not a phone... Cool

Some old stuff on VIRB
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GovernorSilver wrote:

that's the secret weapon of 3rd dimensional malevolent aliens Rolling Eyes oh...well...never mind...

Quote:
GovernorSilver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
GovernorSilver wrote:

that's the secret weapon of 3rd dimensional malevolent aliens Rolling Eyes oh...well...never mind...

Yes, never mind, because an iPod Touch is not a phone! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Some old stuff on VIRB
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You lot have lost me now!
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Andy
relax Exclamation nothing to worry about Wink

Quote:
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GovernorSilver wrote:
seraph wrote:
GovernorSilver wrote:

Yes, never mind, because an iPod Touch is not a phone! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Well actually, that's not quite true anymore! Cool

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
GovernorSilver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
GovernorSilver wrote:
seraph wrote:
GovernorSilver wrote:

Well actually, that's not quite true anymore! Cool

Shh... trying to calm him down here.... don't tell him about the Skype....

Some old stuff on VIRB
Page 3 of 7 [153 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc
Jump to: