electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Opportunities Wanted and Available
Help assemble/ test synthesizer modules in exchange for one.
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
toppobrillo

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject:  Help assemble/ test synthesizer modules in exchange for one.
Subject description: *SF bay area locals preferred*
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi-

I am about to embark on the first (limited) production run of a synthesizer module that I designed, and I am looking for a few people in or around the Bay to help with assembly and testing.

The first units we make will be for the eurorack format, ala Doepfer, Plan B, Livewire, etc., then we will make some for the frac format as well. Initially I plan to do only around 40 units to see how it goes.. if it goes well then I will need your help periodically as I organize more runs and produce different modules.

Ideally you would have already assembled a few moderately-complex electronic projects, and have acquired decent soldering skills, the ability to use basic test equipment and tools.. but I am willing to work with anyone of pretty much any skill level, this work is time consuming and even to have someone bending leads and stuffing parts in PCBs would be helpful. I will provide the tools, the space (we have a shop in west Oakland) and the coffee and/or beer.

anyway, get in touch if you have an interest in electronics/ synthesizers and this sounds like something you could do a few hours at a time for a few days in exchange for a rad module for your system...Let me know what times/ days are good for you, what your experience/ interests in sound/ electronics is, and what you would expect in terms of pay vs. time....

(Ideally you would work in exchange for a unit, and have some modular system of your own- but if you prefer cash that could be arranged.)

I will fill you in on more of the details if it sounds like it'll work out.. I expect to be ready to go in 4-6 weeks.

thanks for looking!
LektroiD

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you need a UK builder to assemble a few, give me a shout. As it would save the potential UK buyer quite a bit on postage.

I have 20+ years of professional assembly experience, including avionics, audio/visual, and computer networking hardware.

synthmonger

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd like to participate but I'm in south Florida Sad

Best of luck!

toppobrillo

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lektroid- hey thanks, yeah i sure will keep that in mind, we'll see how it goes. sounds like it would be a piece of cake for you..

synthmonger- same to you, we'll see what i can handle here, had a few local responses already so it looks promising for now at least...

thx for the encouragement Smile
prophei

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey there,

pm me about this, as i live right near sf and have not only done a bunch of projects of my own, but have assembled some stuff with livewire. i may be able to help Smile

michael
Floppy

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hello topp

im glad to read about your new project.
i will definately buy one when its ready.
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Opportunities Wanted and Available
Jump to: