electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
RADIO SCHEDULE
Page 2 of 3 [55 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, I think summertime/DST is great! I'd like to skip the winter time instead. Doing that shift in the autumn always feels the wrong thing to do - you're already seeing the evening daylight dwindling, getting depressed about it, then the winter time comes like a knife killing the day, and you start walking home from work in darkness. Granted, this may only be a problem for us here in the north.

/Stefan

modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 275
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've updated the time for AIS to 23:00-00:00 GMT/DST to indicate that it is on at 23:00 GMT except in DST when it is on at 23:00 DST, if that makes any sense
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modulator_esp wrote:
if that makes any sense

Not really to me ... with notating times in BST you assume that the reader will know when BST starts and ends, by mentioning just GMT people will only have to know about their own local time issues making things less complicated.

modulator_esp
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
modulator_esp wrote:
if that makes any sense

Not really to me ... with notating times in BST you assume that the reader will know when BST starts and ends, by mentioning just GMT people will only have to know about their own local time issues making things less complicated.

but the time in GMT changes when DST is in effect and I would rather try to say something that covers the whole year, which isn't particularly easy

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modulator_esp wrote:
but the time in GMT changes when DST is in effect and I would rather try to say something that covers the whole year, which isn't particularly easy

Yes I know that Jez, time is a mess, but mentioning times in a standard way will make things easier on the whole; what you are doing know is taking your workload of updating the time twice a year away by giving it to numerous other people who will have to think about it more often than twice a year, so that does not seem to be a good idea .. IMHO.

nobody

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:

time is a mess

Well, you've got to fix it, Doctor! Quick! To the tardis!
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modulator_esp wrote:
I've updated the time for AIS to 23:00-00:00 GMT/DST to indicate that it is on at 23:00 GMT except in DST when it is on at 23:00 DST, if that makes any sense

I've changed it back to GMT time, sorry Jez it just gets more confusing otherwise.

modulator_esp
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a request ... could performers please make sure that the schedule as contained in the first post in this thread is actually correct?

The reason I ask is that the schedule told me that Les would be on at 23:00 and so I scheduled a new show to start at 24:00 ... but it turns out that Les actually starts at 22:00 ... drachemusik, the guys doing the show actually had wanted to start at 2300 which would have been possible after all ...

We really need to have this schedule ok, it is the official one.

Anyway, if anything is wrong please ask one of the stream ops to fix it.

shanemorris
Stream Operator

Audio files: 92

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jan I updated the schedule some. There may be more updates.

Basically there are no regular shows on Tuesday anymore so they have been removed.

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Basically there are no regular shows on Tuesday anymore so they have been removed.

Good Shane, I was going to suggest that my show be removed until I am on a regular schedule once again. For now I will just a show here and there, if I may, and perhaps announce a few days before hand.

Thanks
Bill
shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

State Machine wrote:
For now I will just a show here and there, if I may, and perhaps announce a few days before hand.

Thanks
Bill

Sounds great!!!

nobody

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a suggestion for the radio schedule. How about making the show title a link to the thread for that show? I figure when people want to look over the schedule and see something interesting, they can just click on the title to go read about it.

What would be even more cool (and I'll donate programming time for this) is, in addition to the link, mouseover triggers an info popup, the way mouseover on a movie title on Netflix works.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm working currently on a new schedule thingie .... http://www.electro-music.com/~janpunter/view_schedule.php ... with some things to do like auto MOTD updates ... I'd like to finish all that first Wink

But if you want to try some stuff ... the data can be read from : http://www.electro-music.com/~janpunter/schedule_data.php ... I commented it a bit, best to use the "view source" option of your browser on it. For an idea about algorithms to use to make that into live data look at the schedule viewer's source ... thats some Javascript doing things with the data.

I've made a schedule editor for this too BTW, but only radio ops can use that one http://www.electro-music.com/~janpunter/set_schedule.php

modulator_esp
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've just remembered to update the time of AIS back to 23:00 GMT, only 3 months late :O

Hopefully I will remember to change it to 22:00 GMT when we go back to DST Smile

shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

audiodef wrote:
I have a suggestion for the radio schedule. How about making the show title a link to the thread for that show? I figure when people want to look over the schedule and see something interesting, they can just click on the title to go read about it.

What would be even more cool (and I'll donate programming time for this) is, in addition to the link, mouseover triggers an info popup, the way mouseover on a movie title on Netflix works.

Damien
Because Howard mirrors this page on the FRont Page for electro-music... he needed the page to be a plain text page.

Howard can tell us in the future if adding links to the show titles will be possible. It is a good idea.

nobody

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm moving Programmed Hell to the first Friday of each month at 2100 GMT so Paul can play EE at 2200. I told him I'd be fine with this when he first thought he might do it. Cool
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modulator_esp wrote:
I've just remembered to update the time of AIS back to 23:00 GMT, only 3 months late :O

Hopefully I will remember to change it to 22:00 GMT when we go back to DST Smile
Last Sunday, the US, or most of it at any rate, went onto Daylight Saving Time. When do you get hit with BST?

Cheers,

--|_)| -----|-----()---------------------
-----------()----soundscapes.us/bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

djfoxyfox wrote:
modulator_esp wrote:

Last Sunday, the US, or most of it at any rate, went onto Daylight Saving Time. When do you get hit with BST?

Cheers,

27th March, so much temporal confusion for a few weeks

djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modulator_esp wrote:
27th March, so much temporal confusion for a few weeks
Right. So between now and the end of the month, you are only four timezones away from me. We can all thank the American government for meddling with how early we change our clocks. Thank you American Government! Rolling Eyes

Cheers,

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
nobody

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

djfoxyfox wrote:
We can all thank the American government for meddling with how early we change our clocks. Thank you American Government! Rolling Eyes

Seriously. This was a summer thing when I was a kid. They've been moving the start date back and the end date back for the last few years and now "daylight savings" is eight months long. Seriously, dudes, just move the clocks forward one hour permanently and get it over with. Rolling Eyes
nobody

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm changing Programmed Hell to a half-hour show. One hour leaves me with not enough time to delve into other things I want to get done.

So instead of 1700 GMT, I'll go on at 1730 GMT. The day is the same - first Friday of each month.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll update the schedule for it, hope it'll work out better for you :-)
nobody

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Correction: Programmed Hell was supposed to be in front of Edison's Ephemera, so the time should be 2130-2200. I was looking at my old calendar settings in Thunderbird.
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In case Howard forgot to mention it, this Saturday, Chec Mosc needs to return to 6 pm local time... local for us that is. Since we're on DST, we're currently at GMT-4, making Chez Mosc 10 pm GMT, 11 pm in the UK, midnight in western Europe...

Thank you!

Cheers,

Page 2 of 3 [55 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: