electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Reviews, Editorials and Commentary » Commentary and Editorials
The Doepfer Controversy
Page 2 of 2 [33 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bakis, i have no doubt that such an incident wouldn't be described in the manual, nor would it be something that doepfer would bring up in email correspondence....none of what you say indicates that it never happened.

i tend to agree with big tex....this was clearly something people (smart, creative people who had done and shared a lot of work with the sdiy community) were upset about, and (short of revisiting the archives and comparing the circuts between the wasp, the diy version, and the doepfer version) i tend to believe them. i don't think at this point it would keep me from buying doepfer products.

deknow
Parallel Worlds

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deknow wrote:
bakis, i have no doubt that such an incident wouldn't be described in the manual, nor would it be something that doepfer would bring up in email correspondence....none of what you say indicates that it never happened.

i tend to agree with big tex....this was clearly something people (smart, creative people who had done and shared a lot of work with the sdiy community) were upset about, and (short of revisiting the archives and comparing the circuts between the wasp, the diy version, and the doepfer version) i tend to believe them. i don't think at this point it would keep me from buying doepfer products.

deknow

hello,
ok, it just seems highly unlikely to me, because i know dieter for 6 years now and he really is a great guy.
best regards, Smile
Bakis.

ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey bakis, I see you have 4 Technosaurus systems. Does that meen you like them a lot?
Someone is selling one here in NZ at a good price.
Parallel Worlds

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

g2ian wrote:
hey bakis, I see you have 4 Technosaurus systems. Does that meen you like them a lot?
Someone is selling one here in NZ at a good price.

hello,
its actually, a system-D in four parts. i like the selector a lot, but i do not want to buy more modules...
after all, technosaurus have released 11 different modules.
best regards,
Bakis.

Jason

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I find it interesting the site is no longer active-> http://www.ampmusic.demon.co.uk/fame.html

I have never bought any Doepfer products yet.
But one day time and money permitting I still plan on doing so.
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Amp Music website did look a bit abandoned, but Mark Jenkins is still around and seemingly doing very well. He attended one of our famous events and he has even played live on the electro-music.com streaming radio. Very Happy

http://markjenkins.net/

http://myspace.com/markjenkinsmusic

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elhardt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It wasn't the Wasp filter Jurgen Habile had complained Doepfer stole from him, but I think the Morph Controller module.

I have a big Doepfer modular synth that I think is great. Haven't had any problems with it. I purchased just one Analog Systems module and that was the one that had a jack problem. I've had more problems with MOTM and Synth.com synths that with Doepfer.

-Elhardt
deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

marks web presence is largely on myspace these days i gather...look both under mark jenkins and modulus.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=56624384

(i note that john tesh is on his buddy list)

and

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=64457789

i've been stubborn enough to refuse to get a myspace account, so i can only see what's on the first page.

deknow
Page 2 of 2 [33 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Reviews, Editorials and Commentary » Commentary and Editorials
Jump to: