electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
36dB/Oct Lowpass VCF
Page 2 of 2 [38 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
frenchyinmunich

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
sigh

JH.

Well, when I say that it is possible to get component's from bürklin, it is because I already bought some. You go directly to theirs shop and you get the stuff.. That's all.
It was my first topic and didn't expect that answer. Only that... Hoping to burn again... Wink

C.U.
TekniK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Comments and wishes for extension and front panel Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

frenchyinmunich wrote:

Good evening,

Which means you don't know what are you speaking about.

For your information, I buy very frequently components from brüklin.
It is always pleasant to get a nice first mail from a forum. Sade that yours didn't start with "hello" and ended with "best regards".

It seems that you are not so pleased as well about the fact that it is possible to get the DG419 from that provider. For your information, Juergen asked directly to give a precise cost a the components package.
May be it is more that your problem...

Best regards,

F

No problem if u think u will feel beter with it i start with :

Hi,Good evening,

I know what am speaking abouth,

1 -its stated on there site:

Welcome to the Bürklin Online Shop – your electronics wholesaler!

Please note: We deliver to
- commercial resellers
- industrial or commercial customers or users
- government agencies
- public or state institutions
- schools and universities

2-when filling the order form a company name seems to be obligatory.

So if they also ready to ship to private ppl its very good news for me,usualy out of experience netshops don't ship to private persons if there is writen something like on this one..

I don't have any problem with costs,You,Juergen or anything else concerning this project,i just also search for those switch IC's to use on my pcb's.

Best Regards

edit: i will send them a mail to ask if they also sell to private persons,so i will probably be able soon to tell u.
numbertalk

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi JH,

With boards in the mail I'm starting to take a closer look at the docs and had a few questions.

1) What exactly is the Aux Mod In?

2) For the APF/LPF switches, which is which - in other words when one of the poles is grounded (switch connection is closed) which mode is that?

3) Would you mind detailing how to calibrate the 9 trimmers on the board?

Thanks!
jhaible

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

numbertalk wrote:
Hi JH,

With boards in the mail I'm starting to take a closer look at the docs and had a few questions.

2) For the APF/LPF switches, which is which - in other words when one of the poles is grounded (switch connection is closed) which mode is that?

Thanks!

I know I'm terribly behind the things I want to do. There *will* be more detailed description for all that. But it will take some time.

Aux Mod In: You can connect an external modulation source here, to be included into the "scanner" waveform crossfading, at the last (cw end of pot) position, after the Sample and Hold wave.
I connect it to "DRY" (from the MIX potentiometer) to get audio-rate self-modulation, a la Minimoog and CS-50/60/80.

Switch closed : all pass filter

Trimpots: Easy to set, but lengthy to write down.
Start with mid position for all of them. More about this later, I promise!

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
TekniK

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Comments and wishes for extension and front panel Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TekniK wrote:

edit: i will send them a mail to ask if they also sell to private persons,so i will probably be able soon to tell u.

Hello,Good evening

i got reply,seems to be no problem to order as private person indeed,great!

Hallo.
Bestellen Sie,
wir beliefern Sie per UPS-Nachnahme
Portokosten € 6,75

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Peter Gockl

Good morning and thanks and best regards
numbertalk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks JH!

Additional documentation when you get a chance to do it will be very helpful. Are you planning on including in that one of your usual example(s) of possible wiring configurations of external components too? In particular how you're wiring the Aux mod to the Dry end of the mix pot, since I don't see that in the schematic - the NC lug for that jack seems to be connected to ground in the schematic.

Also, is the Clean/Dirty switch set to "dirty" when the switch connection is closed or open?

Thanks again,
Paul

jhaible wrote:
numbertalk wrote:
Hi JH,

Thanks!

I know I'm terribly behind the things I want to do. There *will* be more detailed description for all that. But it will take some time.

Aux Mod In: You can connect an external modulation source here, to be included into the "scanner" waveform crossfading, at the last (cw end of pot) position, after the Sample and Hold wave.
I connect it to "DRY" (from the MIX potentiometer) to get audio-rate self-modulation, a la Minimoog and CS-50/60/80.

Switch closed : all pass filter

Trimpots: Easy to set, but lengthy to write down.
Start with mid position for all of them. More about this later, I promise!

JH.
jhaible

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

numbertalk wrote:
In particular how you're wiring the Aux mod to the Dry end of the mix pot, since I don't see that in the schematic - the NC lug for that jack seems to be connected to ground in the schematic.

You've almost answered your question yourself here, I think:
That jack then must be normalized to ... the "DRY" node instead of GND.

Quote:
that jack seems to be connected to ground in the schematic.Also, is the Clean/Dirty switch set to "dirty" when the switch connection is closed or open?

Closed = Dirty

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
numbertalk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks!

jhaible wrote:
numbertalk wrote:
In particular how you're wiring the Aux mod to the Dry end of the mix pot, since I don't see that in the schematic - the NC lug for that jack seems to be connected to ground in the schematic.

You've almost answered your question yourself here, I think:
That jack then must be normalized to ... the "DRY" node instead of GND.

Quote:
that jack seems to be connected to ground in the schematic.Also, is the Clean/Dirty switch set to "dirty" when the switch connection is closed or open?

Closed = Dirty

JH.
jhaible

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Adjustment procedure is online:

http://www.jhaible.de/varislope_filter_phaser/varislope_filter_phaser.html

JH.

frenchyinmunich

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Slope Filter FUll option I guess Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,

To whom it may interest, I added a post concerning this filter on the topic: "Slope FIlter" post.

I wanted also to thank Technik for his contribution to help me to find Buchla knobs.

Bybye,

F
TekniK

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Slope Filter FUll option I guess Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

frenchyinmunich wrote:
I wanted also to thank Technik for his contribution to help me to find Buchla knobs.

Bybye,

F

I thinks its ericcolridge u have to thank not me Question
Electronicant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The 36dB filter sounds very nice and powerful. I wonder why more manufacturers did´nt make 36dB filters for their synths. Are they better suitable for special types of sounds? 24 and 12 dB are more standard.

Regards
jhaible

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Electronicant wrote:
The 36dB filter sounds very nice and powerful. I wonder why more manufacturers did´nt make 36dB filters for their synths. Are they better suitable for special types of sounds? 24 and 12 dB are more standard.

Regards

I'm glad you like it!

It's more of a by-product, because I wanted to have 6 poles for the phaser, so 6 poles for the filter were available automatically.

It's slightly darker than a 4pole filter, and it also doesn't loose as much bass near near the point of self oscillation.

JH.

Page 2 of 2 [38 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Jump to: