electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Simple lpf filter
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 3 of 3 [68 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That wasn't the question I asked. Did you design the simulator?? Question
IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
ogg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No it's from Paul Falstad, http://www.falstad.com/circuit/
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm blown away by all those applets!!

This guy is obviously very talented! Very Happy

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
comrade_zero

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

O.k., here is the schematic for the dual version of this filter. As you can see it is just the same filter built twice around the dual op-amp tl082.
You can run it in parallel by running a single input (same or seperate source) into each filter.
PLEASE NOTE: there are no mixers or buffers present on the outputs shown here, this leads to some very dirty crosstalk/distortion/feedback if you run both outputs to the same point. (If anyone has a relatively simple solution to share on that point please do, otherwise I'll probably build a small active mixer to sort it out...) This does yield some interesting results, but not entirely useful.
You can also run it in series, (output of the first filter into the input of the second) and this I certainly recommend, especially if you are a fan of very deep lows and some incredibly squelchy highs.
Using only a little ingenuity, you can use a DPDT switch to make it switchable between the two modes.
edit:changed to a smaller image of the schem
Personally I am running this into my PC through a Tascam US-122 interface which has two seperate audio ins with volume control for each, with fairly decent results.
Anyway, if I can be of further assistance with this for anyone, feel free to let me know.
Good luck, hope this helps,
c_z

dual_s_k_filter_04.bmp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  dual_s_k_filter_04.bmp
 Filesize:  96.31 KB
 Downloaded:  1193 Time(s)

Silesius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there,
I've been trying to make the filter shown here (the Sallen-Key one), and it works, but I have lots of problems with the extreme resonance. Anybody had this problem?
The cutoff dual pot works great, but the resonance one is not very useable. When I turn it up, the resonance increases but, when it begins to sound nice, suddenly it emits a very loud auto-oscillating whistle, much louder than the input signal. Is there a way to solve this changing or adding some components? Somebody here said it worked for him, so it's my filter working normally?
Thank you!
comrade_zero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use a 100k pot for resonance. Past the halfway point it will begin to self-oscillate. I use this so I can "max out" the squelchiness. You can use a 50k pot for the resonance, and with the components shown you should not get self-oscillation, but you will lose a small amount of resonance. I would also recommend playing around with different capacitor and resistor values to find a sound that you like.
Good luck, hope this helps.
c_z
Noto Yota

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Receiving radio Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

I was building Comrade_Zero's sallen-key filter.
It doesn't really work yet, cause i haven't got a real good power supply i guess.
But while i was listening to it with my headphones on and playing with the cutoff control, I started to receive some (russian?) radio broadcast.
Does anybody know how this is possible?
I use a single 12V powersupply and tried to create a virtual ground with two resistors as voltage dividers. Is this at all possible with a circuit like this?
Using a capacitor to decouple the DC offset?
JAMESveeder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am also getting this radio and static problem Sad

other than that though it sounds great! But if someone could resolve this for me, I'd be very happy Smile
oculus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there
just tried breadboarding the filter it worked but cutoff didn´t go all the way down.

i also had the same problem as you Silesius.

does anyone know how one would go about making a hipass version of the filter?

thanks Kind regards Fridfinnur
kudamm99

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, I just built the dual filter, and I think it sounds great. I'm running it off two 9V batteries. I, too, had the issue with extreme feedback with the resonance, and so on one channel, I swapped the 100k resonance pot for the top half of a dual 50k. That does indeed tame the resonance, but perhaps too much. Short of tracking down a 75k pot, is there a way to use the bottom half of the dual 50k pot and get some of the squelchiness back?

Anyhow, thanks for the schematic - it was my first successful DIY build.
comrade_zero

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome aboard! Glad you got this up and running. I can't really take much credit for this circuit, as I simply tried out different values on a circuit posted by Squarewaveparade until I found some that worked for what I needed. Let me take a closer look, but you should be able to use a 100k pot and an extra resistor to limit it (your resonance pot) to 75k.
In the meantime, there are lots of great circuits floating around here. I highly recommend the sticky "A collection of circuits from Nicolas," his are more "patchable" and are great for beginners.
Good luck!
c_z
comrade_zero

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Taking a second look at it, try adjusting the value of the 33k resistor to ground on the negative input of your op-amp. If you have a trimmer (or a pot) you can "dial in" you should be able to find a value that gives you a fair amount of "squelch" without going crazy. Let us know how you get on.
Hope this helps.
c_z
kudamm99

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks! I'll try the trimmer idea.

Working through Nicolas' designs is my plan. Simple Saw is next.
krkrkr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

stolenfat wrote:
i never tested this one:

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
hope to revive this subject.

I have tried a schematics and designed a pcb from this filter and a distortion along with an apk and a baby10 sequencer. The schematics are here. Everthing is working fine until the Oscout label, although I forgot a polarized capacitor before the speaker.
The problem comes when I put the tl072 in its socket. Even if I don't plus Oscout to the speaker, I can hear a small signals that corresponds to the APK, although 1/4 of its amplitude. Do you find some error in the schematics? ( the sw5 and sw6 switch are wrongly wired but they are disconnect by now).

Arthur Yeah.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Arthur Yeah.pdf
 Filesize:  73.97 KB
 Downloaded:  286 Time(s)

krkrkr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I attach the PCB below, its my first attempt at laying a board so please be critic and help me learn !

FCu Silk.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  FCu Silk.pdf
 Filesize:  773.01 KB
 Downloaded:  284 Time(s)

BCu Silk.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  BCu Silk.pdf
 Filesize:  638.8 KB
 Downloaded:  290 Time(s)

krkrkr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

also I can send some PCBs at postal cost if some are willing to tinker
krkrkr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so I have found that the 4017 was unstable depending on the voltage use to power the board. The problem is only corrected if I put a decoupling capacitor (i.e 100nf). In that configuration, the counter is working for every voltage. But then, the problem is that the punk console do not provide any output...
If I remove the capactitor, the 4017 is random but the punk console output sounds as usual....
Any toughts ? I am out of ideas to solve this.
stolenfat

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So some where in this image is a very fine sounding LPF. Likely on the right side of the schematic.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9ZPchiUzgDk/U6ii9rQ1ATI/AAAAAAAABMc/u2VDCGjnzPk/s1600/IMG_4845.JPG

Here is a sample of it:

https://youtu.be/ut98n7ClLN8?t=1m

It will take some detective work to find it and I think some one on here with a keen eye could likely figure out which part of the schematic it is. I don't really see it and a few of these chips looks very unfamiliar to me.

The input is definitely from the YM chip and the output, way at the end of the line, would be the AMP node.
In the top right there is a strong diagonal line - I'm pretty sure that's where the keyboard audio enters the VCA stage... so the filter is likely just beyond it in the chain.

Why may it be simple?

The pss170, which Noisetoys designed this circuit for, runs off 5v and a single supply. No negative voltage required is schweeet.

Edit: Might as well link to the project page too.

http://www.noystoise.com/2014/06/yamaha-pss-170.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 3 of 3 [68 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: