electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Lunetta Theremin
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Gordon Charlton

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Lunetta Theremin Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is just a quick intro to say Hi to the lunetta forum, I've been listening to the sound samples here, and loving them!

I found you after reading over on theremin world about the TSL230R Light-to-Frequency chip - maybe you guys would find it interesting. From that I realised that you could make subharmonics with a counter, and do frequency modulation with XOR, so I started looking for prior art and found you guys!

My idea is to use Lunetta tech to build an effects box for my etherwave theremin. It's going to take a while, because I've never built anything before so I've got a lot of research to do.

I've recorded some pieces using a ping-pong delay fed into both channels of a ring-mod. (Samples on my youTube channel - playlist Beat Frequency; videos Iron Sun, Gently Drowning, Point Of Collapse. http://www.youtube.com/gordoncharlton ) My first goal is to set up a similar arrangement with a delay and XOR. Any suggestions on building a lunetta delay module? [edit] Shift Registers can be delays? - Found a thread mentioning them. Oh, no. Only with very slow sampling. Nonetheless, any comments are very welcome. Smile [/edit]

sinister dexterity
RF

Audio files: 28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Gordon!
Welcome to the Forum!
I'm sure you'll be able to find some ways to mangle the output from your Theremin here Smile

Most of these Lunetta circuits are quite easy - You'll be up and running in no time..

bruce

"I want to make these sounds that go wooo-wooo-ah-woo-woo.”
(Herb Deutsch to Bob Moog ~1963)
Gordon Charlton

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the encouraging words. The nearest I have come to anything like this is programming in Forth using a data flow paradigm - and that was a loooooong time ago.

I've ordered a copy of Handmade Electronic Music by Nicolas Collins - it should arrive tomorrow - seems like a good place to start.

At the moment my head is awash with ideas. Oh, what to do first???

I think I need to build a harness - get the pitch information from the line-in into logic level square waves - I read on another thread the Collins book covers that, carry over the amplitude info to the other side of the harness, a mixer to combine say four signals, turn it back into line-level and apply the original amplitude info to it. And in the middle of the harness, a breadboard to prototype circuits on.

sinister dexterity
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: