electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
ReaktorG2
Page 5 of 7 [151 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
dasz

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 56

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[edited]
Last edited by dasz on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
bantri

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 32

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I must confess i am a bit slow on the project, but it has a really good reason... im trying to synthesize "another" kind of "waves"...
(stock market waves... that allow to earn us$ 10k in a week... (or loose 10k if you do a wrong synthesis))
(It is really impressive the resemblance those waves have with audio... so it is really addicting to use the similar techniques like fourier analysis)
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, stock trading is custom made for analog synthesis techniques too. Envelope followers, noise gates, compressors, and filters.

Do you use Tradestation, by any chance?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bantri

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Do you use Tradestation, by any chance?

nope... is it good?

i am using metatrader 4 that allows a very powerful programming in c++ style.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tradestation is really good. It uses a little DSP language for trading systems called Easy Language. I'm not familiar with the Metatrader 4 software, but it does look pretty nice too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bantri

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I strongly advise you to install it with a us$ 100k demo account, and use the levelstop and extrapolator mql4 scripts... it´s like having a cristal ball for predicting the market.
buzzr

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Read this guys. Looks like there will be a new version of Reaktor eventually.

They are looking for software developers for it as I speak..

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/company/jobs/
bantri

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finally i can teach the old Reaktor dog, some new tricks! Smile
(Applied for the job)
Oli

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That trading sounds rather interesting too...

I've always wanted to make money earn money. Something intuitively satisfying about that, a bit like programming recursion.

bantri

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Earning 10.000 dolars in 4 hours is more than interesting, it´s addictive.

But be advised that loosing the same amount of cash in the the same period of time is also very easy and frequent.
jima

G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bantri wrote:

Yeah, and many around the world are suffering as a result of the outcome of the past few years of those sort of addictions - when will people learn? Perhaps we should stick to talking about synths?

Jim
dasz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jima wrote:
bantri wrote:

Yeah, and many around the world are suffering as a result of the outcome of the past few years of those sort of addictions - when will people learn? Perhaps we should stick to talking about synths?

Jim

Well put, Jim.

Unless the intent of all that money is for Bantri to buy Clavia DMI (aka Nord Keyboards) and revive the G2, I don't see the point of this discussion.

I think this topic has gone somewhat off topic. I hope it is moderated. I'm thinking of not following this thread any more.
/Dasz
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dasz wrote:
I hope it is moderated.

I think you guys just did that ... and indeed it would be a subject more suitable for a schmooze thread indeed.

bantri

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dasz wrote:
Unless the intent of all that money is for Bantri to buy Clavia DMI (aka Nord Keyboards) and revive the G2, I don't see the point of this discussion./Dasz

The point here is and always will be audio synthesis.

That money amount was just an example...
(although i really entend to use any extra budged to invest in a g2)

As an example i am using Fourier analysis in market waves, and guess what... it works.
bantri

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But...

Instead of focusing in audio synthesis, why not focusing in work?

I already gave the *entire* source for ReaktorG2 and there was not a single soul here able to spend some time to build a single lousy module.

How about spending the time to write all this criticizing, to do some useful work instead?

(as for anyone making public advertisement dramas about leaving this topic, please save your typing, just feel free to leave)
bantri

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jima wrote:
Yeah, and many around the world are suffering as a result of the outcome of the past few years of those sort of addictions - when will people learn?
Jim

Welcome to the jungle Smile
(1)(Stock market operations definitely are not well suited for the weak at heart)
(2)(Perhaps someday you may find that financial operations are not the real cause for this "suffering world" of yours... after all, you use money... don´t you?)
dasz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bantri,
I think we are not understanding each other. Hopefully this helps.

bantri wrote:
But...
How about spending the time to write all this criticizing, to do some useful work instead?

This is my point exactly. This topic is for useful Reaktor G2 work, and not criticizing or personal matters. That is what I would love to see.

Quote:
Instead of focusing in audio synthesis, why not focusing in work?

Again, this is my point. This thread is still about synthesis as it is a g2 related discussion, and not a blog about Bantri. As blue hell put it, we are the moderators, not just the topic author. There is a good schmooze section for such topics as blue hell put it, or you can start your own blog somewhere.

The fact you are going to show NI something by applying for the role of a core developer is off topic too. Such remarks not associated with the topic at hand, do not interest me, thus I have requested (along with other e-m users) for the topic to get back on track.

My remark about you intending to buy Clavia was a joke and an effort to get back on topic. If you took it as something else, that is too bad. My intent is not to harm or critisize, but just to get to the topic.

Quote:
I already gave the *entire* source for ReaktorG2 and there was not a single soul here able to spend some time to build a single lousy module.

I'm not a Reaktor owner, and although I have experience as a software developer, I have not done much since I became a User Interface designer. So, after downloading your archive, all I could do is appreciate the effort and the UI work, but the hope remains you will post some audio examples and ideas so we can give you feedback and help you shape your ideas, which I thought was the purpose of this thread.

I think in order to get other users involved in developing an open source project, you should put some effort to put word out there (asking who would like to join you in it, what they can contribute, etc). Being uspet that no one has done anything does not help you or this thread. Just my 0.02 cents, you can do this any way you like, it is your project.

My comments about your work (such as hearing some audio demos) were just that, that is what interest me, thus I ask for it. I had seen your UI work, and wanted to hear something. I along with others, have wished for some audio examples simply when you get there.

--

Quote:
(as for anyone making public advertisement dramas about leaving this topic, please save your typing, just feel free to leave

This I am confused about. I, for one, have merely stated I lost interest in it once it got into a different domain than Reaktor or the G2. When I see an update in this topic, it does less and less to my interest in it. I have the right to post that, just as you do to post your updates. If you try to read more into my posts, that is up to you.

I have as much right to this forum as you and as anyone else. But administrators and moderators have the last say.

I hope you get afford to purchase a G2 and enjoy the full possibilities of the system. And I wish you the best on realizing a Nord G2-like Reaktor system.
/Dasz

Last edited by dasz on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
bantri

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sigh...
buzzr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for all your work Bantri. Have you been developing anything else for the system lately? I know personally that I cannot contribute anything as all my work is with hardware systems.
jima

G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post withdrawn.
Last edited by jima on Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the Nord Modular community there always has been a good deal of off topic discussion going on ... so some off topic in a thread does not seem to be a big issue ... however what happens here, to me , seems to be driven by anger rather than by the will to have a good discussion. Anyway I'd like to ask you folks to stop throwing fuel on the fire so that maybe discussion can take place in a decent manner again.
Roland Kuit

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 127

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

by accident i stumbled over this thread.
wow, great job bantri!!!!!!!!!!!
for years, wanted modules appear on my screen.
hideous job, but what a result. i will keep following
this topic for sure, thnx!
buzzr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bantri, are you still working on this? Hope so..
bantri

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yes...
dasz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
In the Nord Modular community there always has been a good deal of off topic discussion going on ... so some off topic in a thread does not seem to be a big issue ... however what happens here, to me , seems to be driven by anger rather than by the will to have a good discussion. Anyway I'd like to ask you folks to stop throwing fuel on the fire so that maybe discussion can take place in a decent manner again.

For me, I was not driven by anger, but by stating an clarification to some comments, to put some things in the open and to rest.

Bantri, if I have offended you, I am sorry for that. That is not my intent.

As stated before, I am curious and continue to remain curious about the progress of this project.
/Dasz
Page 5 of 7 [151 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: