electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Nord Lead 2 VS. Alesis ION
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Norm Vogel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Nord Lead 2 VS. Alesis ION Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi! Does anyone have experience with these two synths? I'm curious as to which one makes the "weirdest", "dirtiest" sounds. (I tried to download sounds from the Alesis site, but all i get is "heiroglyphics"!).

Or, just YOUR own opinion of either.

another question -- how does the Nord Lead 2 compare with the Virus B?

Thank you for your feedback!

Norm

Normusic !

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can make great sounds with all of these instruments. They are all very good as synths go.

One issue here is that outboard processing.. like tube amps.. and like analog synth modules etc. can change the sound a lot too. There is a thread somewhere at this board where I list a few modern interesting modules. Like.. if you have stereo output from your instrument.. you can set up dual channel processing chains using analog synth modules.. and add in a midi interface for the CV and gate signals - then you can create some very very wild and new sounds. You have such a huge stack of synths so I imagine if you are looking for the next level of crazy sounds you might not find this in yet another new synth. On the other hand.. many of the typical wild things you can do with analog synth modules you van pretty much emulate using a Nord Modular.
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: Nord Lead 2 VS. Alesis ION Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Norm Vogel wrote:

how does the Nord Lead 2 compare with the Virus B?

Thank you for your feedback!

Norm

the virus B is out of production the newest virus is the C of which I am a proud owner. I can not tell much about the Nord Lead but I sure can tell you that my virus is hot and dangerous (doesn't it sound weird to write something like it?
Like any other virus it is very infectious Shocked Shocked

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have used both the Lead 2 and the Virus B. To me these are slightly different.. in fact so different that I do not think they can be compared that easily. The Virus is lovely.. and so is the Lead 2.

They have different interfaces and if you have to choose one of these I imagine you will go for the one with the user interface you like the most. This might not be an issue if you will use it only in the studio.
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Jump to: