electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
A6 Librarian
Page 1 of 2 [38 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
AlexZ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: A6 Librarian Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've written a program to help manage data in the A6.
It can download and upload SysEx dumps of programs/mixes/global data via MIDI, load/save the data from/to *.syx files. It can also rename the patches, copy/move them to other banks.

Download link: http://ifile.it/9umdgnc

I would like to here your comments, suggestions and bug reports.
purpurkatten

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My respect to you for taking the time to write a librarian program for the A6 and sharing it with the users in this forum! Smile

I´ve tried several other apps to send presets and bank to and fro the A6, and I must say that generally I find your GUI the most clear and intuitive!

I take it since you posted it in this forum you want suggestions here too. (Please tell if a direct e-mail would be more appropriate, and in that case, what your e-mail address is.)

Some suggestions:
- When I want to send presets or banks to the A6, I want to be able to define where the entire bank (000-127) is supposed to be placed, for example either in the A6 user bank or in for example bank 2 in my extra memory card.
- I also want to be able to send an individual preset to wherever I want in the A6, for example to the exact place 058 in the A6 extra memory card nr 3 or to the exact place 017 in the user bank.
- Is it only possible to send .syx-files or is it possible to also send .mid-files? It would be very welcome if the librarian could convert .mid-files to .syx and then send them to the A6. I realize that this may be out of scope for your program. I mention it anyway, since in relatively new sequencers like Ableton Live it´s not possible to send .syx-files to external synths, and I believe that sequencers in the coming years will focus less and less about this, and it will be up to other apps to do that sort of thing.

Keep the good work up! Looking forward to the next version! Very Happy

All A6 programming pros, don´t hesitate to put together your best patches and make them available on the Internet! If you´d like to charge a reasonable fee for others to download them, that is fine by me! The more attention and patches and community for the Andromeda, the better!
AlexZ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
- When I want to send presets or banks to the A6, I want to be able to define where the entire bank (000-127) is supposed to be placed, for example either in the A6 user bank or in for example bank 2 in my extra memory card.
- I also want to be able to send an individual preset to wherever I want in the A6, for example to the exact place 058 in the A6 extra memory card nr 3 or to the exact place 017 in the user bank.

You can already do this:
Load a SyX file or get the data from the A6.
Click on the preset / bank you want to send in the tree with the loaded data.
Type a new bank / preset number in "Bank:" (or use the "..." button) and "Number:" (for a single preset), type the new name (if you want it changed).
Press "Move". This will move the data to a different place in the "loaded data" tree (but NOT to the Andromeda).
Select the data in the new place in the tree and click "Send".
The program sends what is currently selected in the tree. If it's a whole bank - a whole bank i sent, if it's a single program - a single program is sent, if it's "Everything", all of the loaded data is sent.
Don't forget to set "RCV-TO" to "ORIGIN" on the A6.
Quote:
- Is it only possible to send .syx-files or is it possible to also send .mid-files? It would be very welcome if the librarian could convert .mid-files to .syx and then send them to the A6. I realize that this may be out of scope for your program. I mention it anyway, since in relatively new sequencers like Ableton Live it´s not possible to send .syx-files to external synths, and I believe that sequencers in the coming years will focus less and less about this, and it will be up to other apps to do that sort of thing.

I didn't really think that the ability to load/save a *.mid file is necessary, because I thought there are plenty of programs you can convert MIDI<->SYX files to/from each other, but maybe I'll implement it some time.
tmste

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: A6librarian Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just downloaded!
I'll tell you.
Hope works better than banker..

Thanks by now.

Stef
davy4all

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ive tried it out and i like it very much!
Thnkzz Very Happy
kilon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: A6 Librarian Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexZ wrote:
It can download and upload SysEx dumps of programs/mixes/global data via MIDI, load/save the data from/to *.syx files. It can also rename the patches, copy/move them to other banks.

If you want to make this cross platform , I can compile it for you for the mac. Of course I will need the source file, but If you are not willing to give them , its ok( you might intend to keep it close source, or sell it etc...).

I am a programmer too by the way, was this done in C++ ?

I dont yet own an andromeda but I will very soon, as one is on its way to me.

I would love to bring your librarian to mac and even help expand it any way I can.

Would like to thank you for taking the time and effort to make this, I really appreciate it.
AlexZ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right now I'm waiting for user feedback to fix bugs anyone finds.
I'm also collecting ideas for new features (I have a few of my own).
I'm NOT planning to sell this program and I'll probably release the source code some time soon. Right now it's very messy and there are several things I would like to clean up before showing it to the world.
The program is written in C++ using the Win32 API and a bit of STL, compiled in MSVS.
Porting it to the Mac will probably be practically a complete rewrite, because of Win32 use for the GUI (all of my windows are DialogBox'es loaded from resources) and MIDI I/O, the only thing left will probably be the a6message and sysex classes. Maybe it's best to do the port using Qt or some other multiplatform GUI library, so that we'll automatically have an almost ready linux port.
kilon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexZ wrote:
Right now I'm waiting for user feedback to fix bugs anyone finds.
I'm also collecting ideas for new features (I have a few of my own).
I'm NOT planning to sell this program and I'll probably release the source code some time soon. Right now it's very messy and there are several things I would like to clean up before showing it to the world.
The program is written in C++ using the Win32 API and a bit of STL, compiled in MSVS.
Porting it to the Mac will probably be practically a complete rewrite, because of Win32 use for the GUI (all of my windows are DialogBox'es loaded from resources) and MIDI I/O, the only thing left will probably be the a6message and sysex classes. Maybe it's best to do the port using Qt or some other multiplatform GUI library, so that we'll automatically have an almost ready linux port.

Oh nice ... well if we are talking rewrite then I will choose to do it in python. Thus will be available for Windows , MAC and Linux with no additional coding. For GUI I use wxWidgets that works perfectly on mac and linux.

I will probably use parts of the source code , as python and C++ share loads of similarities so it wont have to be a 100% rewrite.

When you are ready message me and will probably open a project at sourceforge.

I am not in any hurry, so you can take your time.
Finder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

arrow download link is dead - somebody please reup.
AlexZ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

new link: http://ifile.it/hl19v7p
tmste

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there anybody who knows how to build my own personal bank.syx on my PC using Drang and Drop preset by preset?

With Librarian and Banker you can't do so.
Is there any software that can do so?

Thanks, Stef
AlexZ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If what you mean is a bank that contains patches from other banks, you can do this with A6 librarian. You load the banks (or patches) from which you want to copy, select the needed patch in the list of loaded data and use the Copy button to copy it to another bank.
The only thing that I don't have in my program is drag'n'drop.
tmste

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was meaning to built a bank from single presets in .Syx format downloaded from the net or built in my andromeda and downloaded on my PC.

Thanks

STef
AlexZ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Launch A6 Librarian.
Click "Load". Select the SYX file.
In the "Loaded data:" list click the preset with the mouse.
In "Bank:" and "Number:" type what bank and number you want the preset to have (what number is it going to have in your new bank?).
Click "Move". Your preset now has a new number and bank.
You can now load another preset and move it to a different memory location (bank/number combination).
After you've loaded all the presets and placed them in the required memory locations, you can click "Everything" in the "Loaded data:" list and click "Save".
The program will export all the loaded data to a SYX file.
Finder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexZ, thanks a lot for the Librarian, very good work love

I was wondering if it is possible to save unsaved presets from A6 to sysx.
For example you cannot save any presets in Preset 1 bank and Preset 2 so it would be very nice to save presents straight from the edit buffer.
Have no idea if it is technically possible though.

Thanks
sempervirent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Mac version Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any word on a Mac release of this excellent application? I was using A6 Banker for a while but the recent releases (which have some features of A6 Librarian) won't launch at all, so I've been stuck using an older version without patch rename, reorganize, etc.

Anyway, I just moved to an Ableton Live setup on a new Mac and I'm in need of a good librarian for the A6.

No real feedback or complaint about the app. Maybe confused about the use of the serif font for the patch list? And also wondering why it won't save my MIDI config (has to be reset each time).
CoolColJ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for this! Cool

Very handy, especially for renaming patches!
a100user

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't play with your librarian unfortunately as I do not own a PC, however I would love to get a Mac version as and when it gets ported.

Top marks for your work to make our A6's more manageable.

picotiller

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: BOOTLOADER Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HI MYBE THISIS WRONG SECTION BUT I HAVE NEED TO HELP ABOUT BOOTLOADER 1.20.37 FOR MY ANDROMEDA A6 WERE I CAN FIND THIS FILE?
TANKS BEST REGARD
sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

did you try numark ?
picotiller

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: BOOTLOADER 1.20.37 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what is ist let me know
sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's the company who took over alesis when they went bankrupt.
sempervirent

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Both links provided by the OP are dead. Can anyone else re-up this file to Mediafire, etc? Was the source code ever made available so I can cross-compile for Mac OS X?
Manikin_Mario

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: A6 Librarian Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, can you give me a new download for the programm? Thanks, Mario

AlexZ wrote:

alanzo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: A6 Librarian Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Manikin_Mario wrote:
Hi, can you give me a new download for the programm? Thanks, Mario

AlexZ wrote:

That link isn't working.
Page 1 of 2 [38 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: