electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze » Miscellaneous Photo Gallery
This is what my digicam saw today
Page 6 of 53 [1323 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, ..., 51, 52, 53 Next
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Birmingham T4 tornado Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This image was taken during a clean up in one of the back gardens in Balsall Heath, Birmingham. B'heath, btw, is one of the poorest areas of inner-city Birmingham.

2005-Tornado-077A.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  47.45 KB
 Viewed:  10700 Time(s)

2005-Tornado-077A.jpg

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked

Well.. on the brighter side.. this is what.. :

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And we got the boat out of the water...

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Norwegian nature...

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A further chapter on the surreal goings-on of the internal workings of Stein Grebstad's psyche?

These must be the most extreme contrasts of photos I've seen in one sitting (great btw!!- I like all of them Very Happy )

The post tornado pic is mad- so are the rest of them- but we had another (tornado) the other day- it's getting well bloody scary round here!

As usual- I was around to the area in a flash and took some more pickies;

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/regions/birmingham/2005/10/325527.html

It would be nice to live in Norway. No tornadoes. The only thing in Norway I'm not sure about is that weird 'fish blamanche' stuff Shocked
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
blamanche

The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search box to the right.

Suggestions for blamanche:
1. blancher
2. blanched
3. blanche
4. Blanche
5. Balanchine
6. balletomanes
7. belemnite
8. Brahmanic
9. bailment
10. bailments
Shocked

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...i'm picturing a roger dean style blimp above the boat holding it up!

deknow
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That tornado stuff is unsettling.

Fish?

We kill other stuff too of course.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deknow wrote:

deknow

Laughing

No blimps... I am sorry.. but I like that idea..

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
It would be nice to live in Norway. No tornadoes.

Tornadoes are rare. But we do have some really bad whater at times. I have some pictures still on 120 film of some seriously mad stuff. When I find that box and get around to scanning those 6x7s... you will be amazed. Shocked Laughing

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:

The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary.

sigh.....maybe I should stop 'swimming with sharks'? Wink

-blancmange-

Happy now? Rolling Eyes

bit of a shame your dumb spellchecker couldn't work it out either Shocked
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deknow wrote:

Terry Gilliam Very Happy
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
I have some pictures still on 120 film of some seriously mad stuff. When I find that box and get around to scanning those 6x7s... you will be amazed. :shock: :lol:

I like a good 67 image, I used to like 6x6 too. A square is a nice shape to compose in- it's good for portraits and Landscape stuff.

Do you remember those mad Pentax 6x7 camera's? Like an over-bloated 35mm camera? They weighed a bloody tonne!

I used to own a Leica M6, M2 and M4-P. The M4-P was loaded with kodachrome and stayed in the bag- as I tended to shoot black and white. There was a 35mm f2 summicron on the M6 (cos that had the meter) and a 21mm super-algulon on the M2. This lens was really wide and had a viewfinder that sat on the hot shoe, and the back of the lens was so long it almost touched the shutter!- But WOW what a lens!! You could set the aperture on f8 and everything from 2.5 feet to infinity was pin-sharp. It was a great lens. These Leica's were my all time favourite cameras. They were so quick and easy to use.

My digital camera is a Minolta Dimage A2- which is what these were taken with. The handling is really good- actually the main reason for getting it. (I'd say it's almost as good as the Leicas- but then they used to be pretty much the same company- so that's not surprising) There is a bit of shutter lag in automatic, but nothing too significant, and it's nonexistent if you switch to manual (focus, exposure etc).

When I'm rolling in it again (when?!?) I'm gonna get one of those Epson digital rangefinders. They are really nice- and will take loads of different lenses.
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
Do you remember those mad Pentax 6x7 camera's? Like an over-bloated 35mm camera? They weighed a bloody tonne!

I own one. Very Happy

I kept that one and one of the Canon F1Ns. I bought a Canon 350D recently. A lovely little piece of plastic, but now I need new lenses. The new gear uses the FE series and all I have are all these nice old FDs. Shocked Crying or Very sad So, now I have to buy all new lenses for the Canon digicam.

I have a Sinar 4x5 and a Linhof in storage. One day I will set up a large format darkroom again.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:

I have a Sinar 4x5 and a Linhof in storage. One day I will set up a large format darkroom again.

The Linhof's are nice. I used to have a Cambo which was a Sinar clone- but large format was really cumbersome- although I really liked what could be done with type 55 polaroid film- the black and white stuff.

I started off as a studio photographer, but couldn't resist the challenge of the newspapers. It was really good fun at the time- but I don't think I could do it again, unless I had a 100 grand in the bank and no children!
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A friend of mine shot these panos a few days ago.
http://vegard.com/vr/

Anyways, I like shooting portraits too.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Peter Christpherson ?

I like the panoramics too :)
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
A friend of mine shot these panos a few days ago.
http://vegard.com/vr/

Wow, those panorama pics are amazing! I think I recognize some of those places in or near Trondheim. The last one is on a bridge near the office of the TEK, isn't it? Not too far from the old Elektro80 studios. I remember that view very well - I think.

That is amazing.

Quote:
Anyways, I like shooting portraits too.

Nice one.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a pano head too.. the manfrotto.. but I haven´t used it much yet. I don´t have that any really good wide angles lenses for the 350D . I could of course shoot panos using analog camers, but I think that is too much hassle. I prefer an all digital workflow for pano stuff unless I am supposed to shoot some ultra ultra high resolution stuff.. and that is too much of a PIA right now.
Too bad I cannot use any of the FD lenses on the 350D.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes Howard, you have seen all of these places. Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So cool. There is one in the courtyard of the museum near the old cathedral in Trondheim. What great pictures. What kind of software does one need to do this? It looks like it takes great skill too.

To your friend... salut Hail the Master Hail the Master Hail the Master Hail the Master Hail the Master

wave

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Too bad I cannot use any of the FD lenses on the 350D.

....yes, i have the 17mm rectiliniar ssc in fd mount, an amazing lense for handheld available light shots in nightclubs.

i looked up that epson rangefinder when it came up....what a nice little camera! am i correct in thinking that i can get an adaptor for my fd glass? not looking to make any purchases any time soon, but i'd like an excuse not to rid myself of it either (the vivitar series1 105mm macro is the other standout).

deknow
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I once read a faq re the use of FD lenses on the Canon FE mount digicams. It won´t work.
I have been thinking of getting a few more of the Canon F1Ns and more FD lenses.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The software is a sticher type thingie. The engine is the Panotools unix toolbox and the GUI frontend is PTMAC. Enblend does the final blends/morphs. The presentation is Quicktime VR. You will also need a decent tripod and a pano-head. A high quality wide angle is nice too.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Florence, Italy Easter 2006

portesante.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  318.86 KB
 Viewed:  136 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

portesante.jpg

palazzovecchio.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  426.83 KB
 Viewed:  141 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

palazzovecchio.jpg

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
Page 6 of 53 [1323 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, ..., 51, 52, 53 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze » Miscellaneous Photo Gallery
Jump to: