electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  mosc Live music with Twyndyllyngs - Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » YuSynth
YuSynth Minimoog Filter demo sequence
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Scot Solida

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: YuSynth Minimoog Filter demo sequence Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I took a short break from re-wiring my clock divider to build the YuSynth Minimoog filter. I etched the board using Press n Peel and I ordered the Bridechamber component kit just to speed things up. This was sort of an impulse project. I am quite pleased with how it turned out. It worked from the start with no troubleshooting necessary. Once I got it calibrated to my liking (I just matched it by ear to my Minimoog), I installed it into my big Synthesizers.com system and whipped up a simple sequence to show off what it can do. It sounds fantastic! The patch was super-simple. I used three Dotcom oscillators, sequenced with the Q-960. The oscs were sent into a four-channel mixer and then off to the YuSynth Minimoog filter before being spat out the VCA. I used an ADSR to modulate the filter cutoff and the whole thing got a slathering of Echoplex tape delay. I manipulated the filter's parameters while the sequence played.

http://www.olscratchrecordings.com/Sounds/MiniFilter.mp3

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Thalassa

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice demo Scot, one question... from where you get the dotcom panel? did you make it yourself? is it skilscreened? ( at the end were thre questions Wink )
Scot Solida

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, Thalassa. I had a blank DotCom panel that I bought some time ago. I screenprinted it myself using vinyl ink of the sort used with bumper stickers... that stuff is very durable, if a bit noxious! I used to own a screenprint business and still have the inks and equipment left over from that. It'd probably be better to use acrylic inks for this, but I have a lot of these vinyl inks left, so I used that instead.
Thalassa

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've used similar techniques with polyester paper and the results are quite good. For me the vinyl/polyester front panels are the best solutions if not silkscreened panels are available.
yusynth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bravo Scott !

Enjoy it !

Scot Solida

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yusynth wrote:
Bravo Scott !

Enjoy it !

Thanks, Yves! I am indeed enjoying it. It's a terrific design and really sounds fantastic. Thanks for making it available!
emdot_ambient

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

afro Sounds pretty authentic to me...I really need to whip my mini into shape but it's the power supply, I fear, and so it'd have to be off to the synth hospital.

Gettin' my TD (Heldon actually) groove on here: dancing

Great job, Scot & YuSynth!
Scot Solida

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

emdot_ambient wrote:
afro Sounds pretty authentic to me...I really need to whip my mini into shape but it's the power supply, I fear, and so it'd have to be off to the synth hospital.

Gettin' my TD (Heldon actually) groove on here: dancing

Great job, Scot & YuSynth!

Thanks! The influence Heldon had on me cannot be overstated. Coincidentally, I was listening to Pinhas' East/West and DWW while I built this filter...

Man, get that Mini fixed! There's nothing sadder than a neglected Minimoog. I had mine restored by Wes at www.analogics.org. It's played like new since.
TekniK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it sound nice but not like a minimoog filter at all.
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » YuSynth
Jump to: