electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Software Klee now available!
Page 3 of 4 [85 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
dnigrin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Dave for the purchase - post some audio and/or video of how you end up using it! Smile
DES

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

klangumsetzer wrote:
hello dave,

maybe you can share your experience here. i too use thesys and wonder if and how the klee can compliment thesys.
best regards
eike
---

Initially the fact that Klee is able to do two sequences at once (well, possibly three if I understand the other mode...) as well as how it's programming is approached would affect how how i composed with it. Thesys is pretty straight ahead programming - although it is VERY powerful! I absolutely love it! In fact on my NYE stream tonight I'll have three different sequences ready to go using Thesys. I know I can run multiple instances of it. so the fact that Klee can run the two isn't a big issue...it's more it's approach I think. And for $40? Not a bad buy. I've got to get my download link from Dan yet for the Klee - so I don't know if I'll be using it tonight or not. If you don't catch the stream I'll have it recorded and post it here in the radio section.

BTW - Sugar-Bytes just realeased version 1.5 of Thesys today. Besides being 64 bit you can export sequences and it has a stand alone mode.

DES

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dnigrin wrote:
Thanks Dave for the purchase - post some audio and/or video of how you end up using it! Smile

Not a problem Dan!

Can you check the address though that you sent the download link to? Still haven't received it..... PM me if you have any questions - or use the email address you emailed me at before.

klangumsetzer

Audio files: 32

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi dave,

thanks for the info. the klee soft might be the first gear purchase of the year... Wink

best regards

eike
---
soundklinik

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:26 am    Post subject:
Subject description: request 4 busses and MIDI channels?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello Dan,

is it possible that you implement saving 'busses' and midi channels in presets? At least temporarily, while you're playing?
I was making (and storing) some patches in Klee, using Reaktor 5:
In R-5, I had 3 synths opened each with a different MIDI channel, (1-3) and using LoopBe1, (everything works perfect).
I saved some patterns in presets while switching midi channels in busses, basically a variation of the same pattern played with a different synth. Then I started switching between saved presets, expecting to hear what I saved, but no, it only played last midi/buss preset...

And please, the "last setup" memorized?

cheers
dnigrin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject:
Subject description: request 4 busses and MIDI channels?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

soundklinik wrote:
is it possible that you implement saving 'busses' and midi channels in presets?

I originally had it this way when I was developing v2 of the app, but what I found was that when switching presets that included a change in the bus device (especially when that change involved VST instruments), it would make for a discontinuity in the outputted sound, as it takes some time for the app to load the new VST. To avoid that, i removed the ability to store the bus device. Perhaps what I could do in a future revision is to make it optional whether presets store the bus device or not, and then let the user decide one way or the other...

soundklinik wrote:
And please, the "last setup" memorized?

I will see if I can do this as well.

Thanks for the feedback!

soundklinik

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dan said:
Quote:
...it would make for a discontinuity in the outputted sound, as it takes some time for the app to load the new VST.

New VST?...
I didn't know that VST has to be (re) 'loaded' again...
In Reaktor, the (VSTs) are there, (the 3 that I choose), all I want to do, is to change the midi channel path...so synth 'W' listens to channel 1, and before it listened to ch. 3, that was synth 'M'...
In Reaktor, you have the 'luxury' to load several instruments and give them each a different (or shared) midi channel, so only CPU is the limit....

Just to clarify, I don't want to change VST, or programs/sounds, (that would be nice, but I know i can't, as you say in manual), only midi channel... (the pattern with notes etc. is already saved in Klee's memory, and the question is which synth from the 3 available will play them notes)...

Also I found that using "Standalone Reaktor", or Battery3 (or any standalone) is much better then (the same) VST version.
For example, VST-Battery3 was flashing 20-40% CPU in Battery, standalone 1-2% Shocked
And with my midi keyboards that sends clock, I can 'splice in' a drum machine....heaven Wink ...but that's off subject, n'est pas?

But, the last memory on start up would be really great,.... I have to load : in Setup-1)midi device, BCR2000, 2) the text for it
Main page: 1) Midi controller PCR-2, 2)Midi clock-PCR-1,... 3) external midi/audio (don't use that much)...or am I being lazy?
dnigrin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, I understand. For you, since you would only be changing the MIDI channel in the output busses, you wouldn't experience any of the discontinuity I was talking about. That case is when users are loading up their VST's *within* the Klee software (unlike in your example, where you are loading them up in Reaktor).

I will try to make it an option in a future update, as to whether presets store the state of the Busses or not.

And you're not being lazy - I know what you mean, and I'll try to have it "remember" between sessions for the next version!

soundklinik

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Dan said:..since you would only be changing the MIDI channel in the output busses, you wouldn't experience any of the discontinuity I was talking about. That case is when users are loading up their VST's *within* the Klee software...

I don't know of any software that can load a VST with a patch on the next beat .... however it would be nice if Klee could temporarily store patch changes (same vst while in session)... that would be great Very Happy ...

thanx for your support and help, cheers
DES

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Klee Version 2.1 out now! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Version 2.1 released... Very Happy

Downloaded it last night Dan. Looking forward to trying it out later tonight!

dnigrin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, you beat me to the punch!

Yes, version 2.1 now available - not a huge number of changes, mostly bug fixes, but one important change is how the Load button works. I got a lot of feedback about having the Loads only happen on quarter note clock ticks, rather than the very next clock tick. This should help keep things "in time" a bit better hopefully...

drumcodeuk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey,
Just wanted to say I bought the software Klee a few days ago and have found it to be a really useful and interesting sequencer.. I really like it and have got some good results from it already.
Saw the post on the Spectralis forum but have just been using it with a Yamaha FB-01 and a DSI Mopho so far.

Are you still working on it or do you consider it done now?
I don't think glide is implemented yet which would be good and as well as notes sending out midi CC's could lead to some pretty complex and unusual patterns I think. Anyway, great as it is.
Cheers,
Nick.
dnigrin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

drumcodeuk wrote:
Are you still working on it or do you consider it done now?
I don't think glide is implemented yet which would be good and as well as notes sending out midi CC's could lead to some pretty complex and unusual patterns I think. Anyway, great as it is.
Cheers,
Nick.

Thanks for the nice words about the software - Scott Stites is the one who deserves the real praise though! Smile

I do still hope to implement some new features over time - both of your suggestions are already on the list! That said, I'm working on a few other projects at the moment, so not sure what the timeline will be for when I will get to these for the Klee....

MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MusicMan11712 wrote:
Thanks for the prompt reply. One suggestion for the demo version, can you give people a week or so to try it (with the ability to save)? I was going to try using it for an experimental performance but the 20 minute limit and inability to save what I was working on really made it hard to (1) give it a fair test drive and (2) play my results for others to hear.
--Steve

I read recent comments about the software Klee and wondered if you reconsidered the 20 minute/no save limit. However, based on another post, it looks like you are quite happy with this restriction.

Needless to say, I am disappointed. Oh well.
dnigrin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Afraid to say that I don't have plans to change the copy protection - sorry!
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dnigrin wrote:
Afraid to say that I don't have plans to change the copy protection - sorry!

Oh. Maybe you misunderstood me. I wasn't commenting on copy protection; my comment was on the 20 minute limit for the trial version. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that.
dnigrin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll consider bumping the time up for the next update.
klangumsetzer

Audio files: 32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

klangumsetzer wrote:
(...) thanks for the info. the klee soft might be the first gear purchase of the year... Wink
---

well the m185 and klee software apps were the first and only gear purchases in 2011... Very Happy

Eike
DES

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I need to get back to my sw Klee. Last time I tried using it, it complained about how many vsts I had .... Time to thin the heard again Laughing
DES

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Version 2.1.2 now available Very Happy

Thanks Dan for keeping up with this.

dnigrin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very welcome!!
Loopy C

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To celebrate the recent purchase of M185 and CycliC, I spent the evening re-visiting 'Klee'.

Truly a surprising sequencer, really enjoying the possibilities in terms of avant garde textures.

http://loopyc.com/?p=2715

Here, three tracks of Klee were used, each track using 'external' MIDI CC to vary the 'pots' and 'Range' in realtime.

Thanks again Dan for providing these wonderfully esoteric options. it's what I live for Wink I can't wait to incorporate these ideas into more developed tracks (my above 'blog' is strictly for 'work in progress' experimentations as they happen).

"Shut up, he explained"
Chris R Gibson ( a.k.a. Loopy C )
www.micworks.com
http://www.loopyc.com
http://www.jesusworedickies.com/Inspector_19/JWD.html
dnigrin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool stuff Chris, thanks for posting!!
dalekay

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it me or the web sites are down?

Dale
dnigrin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You mean the Software Klee site? Working fine here...
Page 3 of 4 [85 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Jump to: