electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » YuSynth
VCO troubleshooting: sine converter top issue and drift
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
intoodeep

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: VCO troubleshooting: sine converter top issue and drift Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi! Thanks as always for your wonderful designs and support Yves (and everyone else). I've got (among several other yusynth modules sitting on my desk) a couple VCO's I'm trying to debug. There are two issues I would love your feedback on, both generally exhibit them although one is worse than the other.

First of all, the stability is very bad. I am using a tempco and two BC547b's and haven't gotten it all thermal pasted to the transistors yet. However, the tempco has some paste on it already and is touching the transistors, yet, i can blow on them and it changes the frequency so much that at 0V input I have to adjust the coarse frequency pot to get a signal again. Is this typical? Could my matching of the transistors be at fault or is it likely an insufficient thermocoupling issue?

The tracking is also waaay off, I am getting 0V - 55hz, 1V - 330hz, 2v - 750hz, not sure what could be causing this, maybe mismatched transistors in the expoconverter?

Second, the bit of the tri-sin converter that does the tops of the waves seems to not work except at fairly high frequencies. Under 12Khz or so, the tops of the sin wave are triangles. Part of me wants to leave this and see if it sounds cool, but part of me also wants to at least know what could be wrong. One of the matched pair of diodes is dead or mismatched or something maybe? I changed R23 from 100K to 82K, no difference.
Sebo

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi:
It seems to me that the tracking problem, and the sine shape problem are caused by lack of calibration.

www.cosaquitosenglobo.com.ar
www.myspace.com/cosaquitosenglobo
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » YuSynth
Jump to: