electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Opportunities Wanted and Available
Collaborators, London UK.
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Patchmouse

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Collaborators, London UK. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all, anyone in London UK looking to play, collaborate ? my music is completely computer based, Influences include contemporary classical, Varese, electronic, Dockstader, Jazz, Zawinul, Bill Evans, Miles Davis, Coltrane, among countless other things...

Patchmouse.

http://www.myspace.com/anthonygeneflynn
jfox
Radio operator

Audio files: 26

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Patchmouse,

you should check out this thread..

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-41919.html

come and join us Smile

john.
Patchmouse

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi John, thanks for that, yes, I would be interested, I've posted something about it over on the thread, I'm inexperienced at this sort of thing, so would need more info.

Patchmouse.
jfox
Radio operator

Audio files: 26

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, Patchmouse,

If you drop by the chat room someone will help you to get your stream up and running. Smile

john.
Patchmouse

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm going to look on the net, see if I can get any info, there must be loads out there. Is streaming audio the same thing as doing a Pod-Cast ?

Shocked
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In another thread Steve wrote :

Quote:

Here's the website to get edcast: http://www.oddsock.org/tools/edcast/
Here's the info I used to download and set up edcast: http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?highlight=oddcast&t=13780
Here's the thread about open port streaming: http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-41570.html
See also the links in Blue_Hell's post a few messages back (posted Fri May 21, 2010 5:33 pm)
You also need a way to get your music into the PC--usually a sound card.

Be sure to get the lame mp3 dll and put it in the edcast folder.
Come into chat for help setting up and testing.

Its great to see the 24/7 event attracting musicians to [b][i][color=#255293]radio.electro-music.com[/color][/i][/b]!!! I am looking forward to listening as much as I can.

BTW, in edcast, there is a checkbox you can set to record what you send to the stream (mp3/wav). You are responsible for recording your own stream--just make sure you have enough diskspace to capture it!

--Steve

That'll get you going I think ...

A podcast is pre-recorded - so really just a posted mp3 file. Live streaming does not have the data stored somewhere, it originates from synths & mics & what not and then travels around the world.

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh .. if you're on a mac, use nicecast instead of edcast; nicecast is not free, but people using it seem happy with it.
Patchmouse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all, thank's for the information, I have been very busy lately, so haven't been around, I'll check-out Edcast and see if I can get to grips with it.

Patchmouse.
Patchmouse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've just downloaded Edcast, and have the related EM topics on my browser, I have to concentrate on this at the weekend, if I have any issues I'll drop by the chat room.

Thank's again,

Patchmouse.
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Opportunities Wanted and Available
Jump to: