electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  Faux Pas Quartet and friends Music From Last Thursday
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
new user and weirdo problems with my a6
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
nellogentile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject:  new user and weirdo problems with my a6 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi all,
i got an andromeda a6 since 2004 and it was working like a clockwork till 2 weeks ago.
Now i got a really strange problem i cant really identify.

i am describing it:

when i select a patch and i press keyboard the sound start really slowly
like if a super slow attack is on the patch, and both the osc are oscillating randomly detuning up and down costantly.

i think that the digital interface is working because i can change patch very fast. but the sounds they recally barely recalls to the one i know.

when i set it to monophonic and just turn on osc 1 or 2 it behaviours like a siren going up and down slowly. the key trigger (after the first one with the slow attack) seems normal but if i reset it to polyphonic each voice takes like 8 10 seconds to show up.

any idea of whats happening?
nellogentile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

any idea of a specialized service i can send it for repair?
in europe
Perfect Day

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe try a hard reset , Sounds like youve got an LFO modulating the oscillators ? Is the mod Wheel up ? Do you have a delay before the attack in the envelope section , Maybe set the amp to norm 1 The lfo modulating the oscillators (If thats whats happening ) might be set to rise from bellow 0 and that may be trigering the amp to start ? Just some Ideas .Are all mods off in the oscillator section ?
Perfect Day

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could have a read through the service manual , somebodys provided a link to the download on the forum , The power up options would be a good place to start if youve got your patches backed up or you dont mind losing them if you havent already tried . As far as service centers go , Alesis arent serviceing the A6 anymore . Theres a lot of stuff you can do yourself if you check out the service manual . If the second key press has a fast attack it sounds like youve got your amp set to analog so if you have a release on your mono patch the second key press will trigger your amp from the level it is at when you press the new key (not necasarilly 0)
nellogentile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey thanku for the answer,
i am going to get the service manual and check for some routine.

well no it doesnt liek a lfo modulating the oscillators because their pitch and volume is totally random and yes on the panel i turned off al modulations leading to them

Smile i am gona try this hardware reset thanku again
Perfect Day

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No bother . Let me know how u get on . Just in case you dont know all the power up modes are on page 269 of the reference manual
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: