electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Sub levels
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Perfect Day

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:57 am    Post subject: Sub levels Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi as some of you will be aware Ive been having problems with my sub osc levels , I still have them and would like to know if maybe your A6 does to , so Ive uploaded a sysex program file you can load into your machines if you dont mind and let me know if your sub levels are inconsistant with the patch Ive created . All you need to do is press a key 16 times . If yours are the same you will clearly hear the sound change somewhere between the 16 voices . the sub you will hear is of osc 1 only although the level is set of the other sub you will need to turn down osc 1 main volume , and then turn up osc 2 to test the other sub on its own . The file came from program bank user 00 originaly . Any comments even if the levels are fine would be greatly appreciated Smile Thanks

sub osc prob.syx
 Description:
Bad levels

Download
 Filename:  sub osc prob.syx
 Filesize:  2.29 KB
 Downloaded:  73 Time(s)

Shreddie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've not downloaded your patch as I'm sure I would've noticed any differences in my levels. I have had a thought though...

Have you calibrated your VCA's? It's not part of the autotune routine on the A6 and has to be done manually. To do it, press autotune once then soft button 3 (I think) twice. Calibrating the VCA's should get the levels equal in theory.
Perfect Day

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the reply . Tried it however . Tried everything I can think of . reinstalling os all the power up modes etc . THe only thing left to do is see if other users experience the same thing . You may not of necissarilly noticed it . The levels have to be near 3 and the voices rotary . even if you use noises with long release in poly mode you may not notice it , the subs level off at around 10 , It would be good if you could install the patch just to make sure Smile
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: