electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Selling my JH-3 Modular System
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
jhaible

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Selling my JH-3 Modular System Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finished in 1998, this contains my first versions of many things that found their way into MOTM modules, and later into my own PCB projects.

No idea how to ship this thing, or what it may be worth to a collector. (There certainly exists only one of these on the planet. Smile ) But I definitely want to sell this.

http://www.jhaible.de/jh3/jh3.html

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
Funky40

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you have built there some VERY nice stuff Jürgen !
A lucky man whoever has the funds.
Good luck
Pehr

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why?
http://www.garageband.com/artist/loxodrom
http://soundcloud.com/loxodrom
jhaible

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pehr wrote:
why?

Why I'm selling this, or why I still have it?

I'm selling it because piling up gear doesn't make you happy.
I used this Modular for some of my CDs, and later I used it as a reference for some of my MOTM designs and PCB projects. I spent hundreds of hours with it, but I have no further use for it now, especially with new stuff being built by the month from my PCB projects.

Why I still have it?
It's large. Hard to ship.
I sold my Synthi Clone the moment I offered it. (For 5k Euros). It was relatively easy to ship, and it's currently on its way to a (hopefully happy) new owner in France. The JH-3 is still available.

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You don't want to sell your CS-80 do you? Shocked

(Only joking! Laughing ...although I'd love to own one! Wink )

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
jhaible

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
You don't want to sell your CS-80 do you? Shocked

(Only joking! Laughing ...although I'd love to own one! Wink )

Hmmm ... that was the first thing I sold.

JH.

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really? Shocked

How much did you get for it?

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
jhaible

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
Really? Shocked

7500 Euros, but that was about two years ago. So it probably is worth much more by now. But I would not want to pay the price for owning a CS-80, that is: permanent maintainance. I think I told the story in the off-topic section of this forum: Right at the time when my dream of many years was coming true, and I finally owned a CS-80, I got severe hearing problems. And while my hearing is completely restored (thru a stunning miracle as a result to a prayer to Jesus), I look at things very differently now. Things don't make you happy. Smile I'm overjoyed to have my hearing back, I still love the sound of a CS-80, my fingers will still itch to play one when I see one standing somewhere - but I won't keep one for myself, anymore.
In a way, that CS-80 was the ultimate way to show me how close "regular service" and "serving a thing" are related. Laughing

Sorry to disgress, and sorry for switching into sermon-mode all too easily nowadays. I just wanted to let you know that I'm not in some kind of emergency situation to sell all that stuff (and a big thank-you to all who were concerned and were asking!). It's time to let things go, and it's actually a rather pleasant experience.

http://www.jhaible.de/sale/sale.html

JH.

TekniK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked , did i read it well,you sold a clone synthi for 5000e ?

I think am gonna order some knobs from Demian then and built synthi clones aswell. Cool
jhaible

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TekniK wrote:
Shocked , did i read it well,you sold a clone synthi for 5000e ?

I think am gonna order some knobs from Demian then and built synthi clones aswell. Cool

The names I use are misleading sometimes. I named it "Synthi Clone" to give reference to the EMS original that inspired me, but I think it was a bit more than just a "clone". Embarassed

JH.

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
v-un-v wrote:
Really? Shocked

7500 Euros, but that was about two years ago.

Ahh...okay! Laughing

Time really flies!! I blame it on my two little children. (only kidding- they are lovely! Very Happy )

jhaible

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

JH-3 is on ebay now.
Local pickup in Nuernberg only, i'm afraid.

http://cgi.ebay.de/JH-3-analoges-Modularsystem-SSM-Emu-Moog-EMS-inspired-/160502556570?pt=Studioequipment&hash=item255eb2a79a

JH.

Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Jump to: