electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
48 LIVE
Page 2 of 3 [63 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
shanemorris
Stream Operator

Audio files: 92

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MusicMan11712 wrote:

With my receding hairline, I really shouldn't be splitting hairs, but what's the official word on noodles, arps, sequences, etc.? Are they all OK as long as there is some sort of human intervention, say for example at least one human intervention controlling the organization of the sounds within 48/7th of an hour or 48/7th of a minute? And if that's the rule, what's wrong with calling the event 48/7? Wink

Steve you probably bring up a good point here.

Personally for me, LIVE is playing any instrument(s) in real time. Generative noodles is still live to me, maybe not to others. Arps are certainly. Sequences can come many ways. Lots of electronic music is built on sequencing. Though this may ride the line, I still see it as separate than djing a set. Loading sounds in your sampler and playing the sampler is still live music to me, though I personally call it "sound collageing" at that point.

Now, there does come a point, that can be argued either way is Live or Not Live. I am not personally here to have a philosophical debate about were that point occurs. People should just be honest with themselves whether they are making something on the spot that would be different if they had just pushed play on a cd player.

What isn't live is something that you did everything in advance and you are hanging out listening to the set.

Thats my 2¢ in a nutshell

As far as the event name, its just something to help people get an idea of what the content of the event is about.
I added the 7 before as a bit of a tip of the hat to our original 24/7, but also cause at the time Dan asked me to start the thread I didn't have a name for the event. 48 LIVE seems to describe the event better with less confusion. Very Happy

Jack_Hertz

Audio files: 101
G2 patch files: 7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool! Count me in.
wmonk

Audio files: 15

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will provide live modular tweaking for sure!
ewblank

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please count me (and Balloon Marsupials) in please!

How will the logistics of this work? Will everything be decided by discussion on the chat as the weekend progresses?

We'd kind of like to dedicate a time slot for this, and book a block of time if possible....

Thanks,
ew

shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ewblank wrote:
How will the logistics of this work? Will everything be decided by discussion on the chat as the weekend progresses?

We'd kind of like to dedicate a time slot for this, and book a block of time if possible....

Yes everything will be decided in the chatroom.

For this event, the logistics are more akin to lining up for a kickball game on the schoolyard.
There is no schedule and it will be a first come first served basis
If you are setting up and having guests over to stream for this event, I suggest doing it at night US/Canada time. Most EU participants will be done streaming by 8 or 9pm, as they tend to make up the majority. Participants can play for as long as they want.

We will also have several collaborative "latency" jams, where people can stream and be mixed by an operator in a real-time jam, however with a varying latency.

We will be launching sign up for the Spring Equinox in a few weeks which will be held on March 19th. That event will have a formal schedule with determined set lengths. You are also welcome to book your own special streaming concert event anytime apart from the regularly scheduled radio programs. Thanks Very Happy

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
You are also welcome to book your own special streaming concert event anytime apart from the regularly scheduled radio programs. Thanks

I am sorry to bring this up here but this brings me to a question of my own. What it the "official" process by which we can book our own shows that are not part of a regular schedule? Knowing this would prompt me to do more shows that will fit more into my work schedule.

Thanks in advance for the answer Wink

Bill
shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

State Machine wrote:

I am sorry to bring this up here but this brings me to a question of my own. What it the "official" process by which we can book our own shows that are not part of a regular schedule? KNowning this would prompt me to do more shows that will fit more into my work schedule.

Good question.
Just drop a pm to me when you want to do a special stream. Once you know your date/time (which doesnt conflict with the radio schedule), make a new post for your event in the Streaming Radio Station and I will make it announcement status as the event grows close.

At that point, we can make arrangements to who will be around in the chat to do switching, unless you are already a stream op like yourself Wink

Also, people can connect to our public "open" ports to stream their music informally anytime of the day without the need for assistance from a stream op. Thanks

Last edited by shanemorris on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK Shane, that certainly clarifys things. Thanks Wink

Bill
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 275
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I'm going to try to build some endless evolving drones in my nords for this one, then leave them playing on my stream when I'm unavailable, then join in with other stuff when I am Smile
ewblank

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Shane - thanks for the response - that all makes sense and we're in EST, so we'll log on around 8 pm or so and get in the queue.

Best regards,
ew

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm in. This is what radio.electro-music.com is all about. Thanks, Shane, for organizing it. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glad to hear you will be around for it Howard! Very Happy
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Twyndyllyngs will be happy to take our usual Saturday time slot as part of the event.

Cheers,

Bill

--|_)| -----|-----()---------------------
-----------()----soundscapes.us/bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
EmeraldAdrift

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shane, I'm not entirely sure how this kind of event works logistically, but I am entirely sure I'd like to be a part of it with you guys. Cool
shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EmeraldAdrift wrote:
Shane, I'm not entirely sure how this kind of event works logistically, but I am entirely sure I'd like to be a part of it with you guys. Cool

DK its just a first come first served type of approach (excluding mosc and foxy as they have a show on saturdays). I am encouraging US folks to play after 0000 GMT | 6pm Central as many EU folks will be going to bed. However, that is not a rule and people may stream any time when there is an opening.

Just come in the chat... probably Sunday in your case im guessing... and hang out to get an idea of where things are at.

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

patching patching patching Shocked
electro-nyc

Audio files: 7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Love to participate Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I look forward to joining the fun!

shane king
redgreenblue

New music coming soon!!!!
shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just 10 days away now!

Are you Pumped up?

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

o o

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

patching patching patching Laughing
shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
o o

erm......... Rolling Eyes

Hideing

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
patching patching patching

With real wires or virtual ones?. Wink

Bill
Jack_Hertz

Audio files: 101
G2 patch files: 7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Better late than never. Here's some eye candy to post around.

48-LIVE.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  44.38 KB
 Viewed:  30627 Time(s)

48-LIVE.jpg

shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bill and Howard contacted me via pm and will not be doing Chez Mosc this weekend.
So their time slot is open for streaming at that time tomorrow.

Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My performance, improvised fun on a software model of a hardware product that I am designing with an external oscillator that I created on a breadboard. I was tweaking 3 pots in HW, 11 sliders in SW, and 3 buttons in SW. Circuit is combination of BS and 3 KS loops with three sound injectors plus the HW oscillator.

The music turned out very aggressive in most places with fast tempos, wailing ghost sounds, a T-Rex and a spark of imagination, not to mention a lot of pure BS. Well, BSKSKSKS to be exact. You want to be pumped up - you got it!

Les

I shaved my head today 20110205 0547.mp3
 Description:
BSKSKSKS+extras performance

Download
 Filename:  I shaved my head today 20110205 0547.mp3
 Filesize:  47.56 MB
 Downloaded:  3035 Time(s)

Page 2 of 3 [63 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next