electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
Where's Tim Servo / Magic Smoke?
Page 1 of 2 [31 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
kupfer_m

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: Where's Tim Servo / Magic Smoke? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey,

Any idea if Magic Smoke and/or Tim Servo are still in business?
I'd like to order some boards from them but there's no response...

Thanks,
K.
wmonk

Audio files: 15

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Response time seems a bit long these days. They're still in business. Perhaps try sending a PM to Tim on this forum.
Oh, the waiting is doable, as the modules are great! Smile
Good luck!

sompost

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was about to ask the same question here, but now that I know that others are waiting for responses, too, I'm (counterintuitively) less worried. I'll keep on waiting then.
Thomas_Henry

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi All,

I have to tell you that I have no idea what's happened to him either, even though Magic Smoke was supposed to be releasing my books exclusively. I think my DVD of a couple years ago and the other older projects are in limbo. It's a pity, because I had a lot of new things ready to go but have been waiting to see if Magic Smoke would get caught up on the 2009 stuff.

Anyway, there's no news on my end.

Thomas Henry
active

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no fun. i have been sending him emails too, trying to get some boards from him. posted a similar thing on muffwiggler and a few people responded that they are waiting on shipments from him as well. it would be nice to get even a "hey, sorry, i'm out for a while." message. shrug.
synthnut

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Where's Tim Servo/Magic Smoke?
Subject description: Where's Tim Servo
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been trying to get in contact with Tim. I paid for 7 pcb's in October and am sill waiting. I hope he is alright.
JRock

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah. I've been waiting since the beginning of October.
We can't get the Thomas Henry stuff if he is MIA...
No books or PCBs Sad
I'm just starting with modular synths and I'm going the DIY route.
I was planning on getting a few TH books and more PCBs as my budget allowed. What better way to get started?
adambee7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I recently got all the books from Lulu. very good service. Very Happy I hope nothing's wrong. need some more 2k temp resistors. Very Happy Very Happy
kupfer_m

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I've been trying to get in contact with Tim. I paid for 7 pcb's in October and am sill waiting. I hope he is alright.

That's a while...
And now that I found some cheap 566, got some 8038's for free and ordered a few XR2206's... Sad Sad
glitched

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The last PM I have from him is from January 12th.
J3RK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I received my Sheboygan board and tempco a couple weeks back after waiting for a few weeks. Tim responded to one of my emails, and two or my PMs during that time. They were delayed, and he mentioned things being a bit backed up due to a lot going on. (I mentioned this over at Muff's too.) I'm sure he'll respond in time. It would be a shame to lose this resource for TH designs.
bitmonkey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Where's Tim Servo / Magic Smoke? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry to post a "form letter", but, in the interest of expediency, I am re-posting here what I posted last night on Muff's:

Hey, guys. As the mostly-silent partner in MSE, I want to say a few things.

First of all, I apologize that some of you are waiting a long time to get your goods. Seems like things are a little backed up.

Everyone will be taken care of. Orders can be cancelled if they haven't already shipped, though I'm pretty sure that most of you just want your stuff. I obviously need to coordinate with Tim, but we'll get it right.

Feel free to write to me privately, if you feel the need. I get CCed on mail to magsmoke@gmail(dot)com, but I don't see Tim's replies unless I log into that account. (To avoid confusion, I rarely do so.) My email address is johnpmahoney@gmail(dot)com.

Please give me a day or few to get with Tim.

More soon,
John

active

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just got an email from tim this morning. seems like he may have gotten things settled. anyone with pending orders get any news from him?
JRock

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah. I got an email too Very Happy
Back in the saddle again!
kupfer_m

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I also got an email yesterday!
Just did an order for some boards!
Tim Servo

Audio files: 11

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Where's Tim Servo / Magic Smoke? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hopefully everybody has their boards and parts! Been playing catch up for a while, but this year is shaping up nicely and we're shipping parts like crazy at the House of Smoke. Smile If anyone out there is still waiting for parts, PLEASE let me know.

Thanks again to everyone who has ordered from us. Now, get back to your soldering irons!

Tim (Sir Box-a-lot) Servo
kupfer_m

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I received my boards & parts today!!!
Let the fun begin!
inlifeindeath

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TIM! I KNOW YOU ARE HERE, PLEASE RESPOND TO YOUR EMAIL/PM's.
You received my money 3 weeks ago, said you would let me know if it had shipped (16 days ago) with no response, and now I can't get any sort of response. All i'm asking for is a reason for the non-communication and when my package is expected to ship. I'm sorry to post this publicly, but all other methods have failed. Feel free to remove the post after I am contacted. Thanks.

Tim Servo

Audio files: 11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

inlifeindeath wrote:
TIM! I KNOW YOU ARE HERE, PLEASE RESPOND TO YOUR EMAIL/PM's.
You received my money 3 weeks ago, said you would let me know if it had shipped (16 days ago) with no response, and now I can't get any sort of response. All i'm asking for is a reason for the non-communication and when my package is expected to ship. I'm sorry to post this publicly, but all other methods have failed. Feel free to remove the post after I am contacted. Thanks.

Hi Inlife,

No problem, I just have to apologize for not getting back to you. I'm just a one man shop (with John M taking care of web duties) so I miss stuff every once in a while. We'll get that order out this week, I promise.

Tim (playing ketchup) Servo
inlifeindeath

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

awesome, thanks so much Tim!
Captain Biscuits

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In my experience Tim's not always quick but he will get your stuff to you eventually. Hang on in there & give him a gentle prod now and again & all will be well Smile
wmonk

Audio files: 15

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Perhaps not as fast as it should be, some times. On the other hand, my last order shipped within a week! Very Happy
And when you have to wait a little longer, it certainly is worth it. Thanks a lot Tim!

inlifeindeath

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's mostly just frustrating not being able to get a response.
earo

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I too am a victim of this great mystery and indifferent mistreatment.

no fun.
inlifeindeath

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

after 6 weeks i got the package! no goodies, but also no build document! Anyone have a build doc they can send me please?
Page 1 of 2 [31 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
Jump to: