electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
New Alesis Andromeda Sound Demos by Elemental Arts
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Elementalis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: New Alesis Andromeda Sound Demos by Elemental Arts
Subject description: Analog Universe: Memories - Sample Library with Andromeda Sounds
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everyone!

I have been lurking on these Andromeda forums for more than two years, a little longer than the time I have been blessed to own the Andy (from October 2008). electro-music forums was the first place I read about the amazing Andromeda. Soon I was hooked, just like you Very Happy

Yes I had heard about Andy before that, but reading posts on these electro-music forums was the first thing that awakened me on this idea of a modern polyphonic analog synthesizer. Before this I was practically VSTi only type of guy and pretty much thought that analog synthesis was something not so practical, almost an forgotten era now. Man was I wrong.. Smile Andromeda has not only proven me that analog synthesis still lives, but that it can be modern and practical as well.

Yes VSTis have gone far from the old days and there are now many that sound great. Still I think Analog synthesizers like Andromeda has the edge on sound tone and liveliness. Andy is like a living thing in that it can surprise you each time you put it on. And as we know living things can also be pain in the b**t, but once properly taken care of, they also can open up like a flower.

Ok enough with the poetics Smile I never was much of a writer.

The fact is, the sounds I have gotten out of my precious Andromeda has me on goosebumps all the time. Yes it took a lot of time and then some to get to this point but it was SO worth it.

So without further ado, check them out at: http://elementalarts-studios.com/memories

The sound demos have been rendered with neutral settings so they sound just like the original patches on Andromeda (minus the delay and reverb).

Hope you like em..

-Elementalis
HrastProgrammer

Audio files: 51

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: New Alesis Andromeda Sound Demos by Elemental Arts
Subject description: Analog Universe: Memories - Sample Library with Andromeda Sounds
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent! Welcome to electro-music and keep up the good work thumb up
Symatic Star

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome
Hi Elementalis, Out of lurking into the forum- Nice one, this really is a great place, I had a listen to some of your A6 sounds very nice!
Smile
purpurkatten

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds nice. Where can I get the sample library? Can I play the sample patches with NI Kontakt 4?
All A6 programming pros, don´t hesitate to put together your best patches and make them available on the Internet! If you´d like to charge a reasonable fee for others to download them, that is fine by me! The more attention and patches and community for the Andromeda, the better!
Elementalis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks everyone!

electro-music indeed seems to be a very nice place, a unique music forum. cheers

purpurkatten wrote:
Sounds nice. Where can I get the sample library? Can I play the sample patches with NI Kontakt 4?

More information will be given in the near future. We are currently looking for potential resellers and other possible partnerships.

As to Kontakt 4: I see no reason why the multisamples would not work in it as Kontakt 4 seems to support sfz file format. The multisamples are in sfz format. I don't currently have Kontakt 4 myself so I cannot guarantee the compatibility at the moment however. Hope this answers your question.

There are also a few very nice free alternatives for playing sfz files like the Vember Audio Shortcircuit 1.1.2 and the Cakewalk SFZ player. These do have some problems thought. The Shortcircuit 1.1.2 does not remember which multisamples you loaded in it once you close your DAW project and reopen it. You would have to point Shortcircuit to the correct multisample files each time you reopen the project.

The Cakewalk free SFZ player works great but does not support the mod wheel vibrato. If you don't need vibrato the SFZ player is great. If you dont mind pointing Shortcircuit to the correct multisamples with each project reload then Shortcircuit is the best free option as it gives you very nice modulation options and multitimbrality just like Kontakt.

Combine these free players with some very nice free FX like the mgAudio mgTempoDelay and Bootsy's (Variety Of Sound) epicVerb. A very nice sound is achievable this way.

Playing the sounds this way of course means that you "lose" the pre-prepared patches for Alchemy, Dimension Pro and Rapture. Note that there are some alternative variation to the neutral Andromeda patches for each of these three synthesizers. In the end it is still a workable solution to use the sounds in these free VSTi:s in my opinion.

-Elementalis
Elementalis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have now uploaded free exclusive demo sounds for Analog Universe: Memories, check them out!

This way you will have a better understanding of what is included in the full commercial version of Analog Universe: Memories. You are free to use these demo sounds within original music compositions (even commercial ones). Using these demo sounds in any sample based product is strictly forbidden. Also further distribution of these sounds is strictly forbidden. Other than that have fun! Smile

Here are also a couple additional examples of what can be easily done with the raw sfz multisample sounds when layering and processing them in for example the Rapture synthesizer.

Tronic.prog -This patch modification was done in about 1 min from the original Tronic patch. Similar things can also easily be done with Alchemy and Dimension Pro.
Complex.prog -a bit more complex Rapture layering example.

Two Alchemy synthesizer examples are Garlic.acp and Megatronic.acp

This way the original raw multisamples can easily be modified to sound completely different. With the 291 sfz files in the product the possibilities are huge for further sound manipulation and layering.

Note: you need the free demo sounds in order to use these patches.

-Elementalis
sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mind putting a patch ( or two ) on the a6 patches department ?
would love to hear and see how people get 'round on their andy's
Elementalis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sunny pedaal wrote:
mind putting a patch ( or two ) on the a6 patches department ?
would love to hear and see how people get 'round on their andy's

Hi Sunny,

I might do that yes, a few electro-music exclusive Elemental Arts Andy patches. Smile

Meanwhile, Analog Universe - Memories is now released! I have also uploaded a few product videos with some new sound examples.

Cheers!

-Elementalis
The Zombie Holocaust

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea ummm sell me a patch bank Razz
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: