electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
DTMF Tone Generator Module
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Glitch-Militia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: DTMF Tone Generator Module Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, So I dreamt this up.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62235217@N07/5662574658/

It's a DTMF Tone Generator module.

Think of it as a Logic DTMF tone VCO.

A DTMF chip responds a button matrix. So if we replace the keypad of phone with some CD4066's, we can control the tones by logic or trigger.

Say you have a bunch of logic osc, trigger or what not. All going to the matrix, it will only make tones when the "row" and "coloum" match up. And the corresponding tone will be played, for as long as either is active.

All DTMF Tone chips, also have "mute" and "any key out." Ofcause "mute" is self explanatory. The "any key out" is working like a trigger. And it will trigger whenever a tone is present.

A 4x4 L.E.D Matrix is used as visual guidance of when is triggering. Also there's inputs corresponding each row and coloum, for logic or trigger.

Also we have 2 CV inputs. Input one, controls the row, and input two controls the coloum. This way the module can also create tones just by receiving 2 CV signals. This would be implemented by some VU meter chip.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- --------

Anywaaaaays I've not built this yet. I just think it's a cool module. Would fit great in a lunetta synth.
Glitch-Militia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What noone thinks this is interesting ?
bubzy

Audio files: 61

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you will need schematics, photos of a finished module, or sound samples for it to get much of a response here Smile you have kind of described a telephone so far.
best of luck with building this project and look forward to your results.
Tim Servo

Audio files: 11

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: DTMF Tone Generator Module Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should post this over in the Lunetta area. Probably get more of a reaction there. Nicely rendered pic though. Smile

Tim (reactionary) Servo
Glitch-Militia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Comming back to this and not willing to give up on this so I made a schematic.

DTMF Tone Generator V.1

Would that work?

Also I'm unsure how to put LED's on all intersections. Currently there's only LED's on each input, and I'm unsure if it would work. Also I forgot to put resistors with the LED's. They would also be obsolete, when you put LED's on all intersections.

Also I included a button matrix, to manually trigger the 4066's.

Further Improvements:

LED's on all intersections.

LTC1799 variable oscillator + CV

Tone inhibit input.

Mute input.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: