electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Patch param reset - flash corrupt?
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Oli

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Patch param reset - flash corrupt? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was playing my NM1 rack recently, when the sound just cut out. I was using Sonar 8.5 to relay MIDI to it from my G2x. I was playing the NM1 successfully, and then set up Sonar to start recording MIDI events, after which the NM1 had no audio output. I didn't touch any controls on the NM1. Also, I could still see the MIDI trigger LED on the NM1 activating.

MIDI interface is a Ploytec GM5 (home made), and the NM1 gets its MIDI via the 'through' of an R8. The editor MIDI port on the NM1 was not connected at the time.

I fired up the editor, and found that the output level of the patch was set to zero. I fixed that, and then found that other parameters had also been changed, as the sound was very different.

The patch is called Spectral TB (not one of mine; came in the synth when purchased used).

The memory protect setting was off.

Don't know what could cause this behaviour. I have read about failing flash chips for the NM1. I hope that's not the case though. Could it be a matter of bad MIDI commands entering the NM1, and effecting the patch?

Roland Kuit

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 127

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Oliver,
I think nothing is wrong with your NM1. The NM1 has some midi cc's allready pointed to certain parameters. For pc, click with the right mouse knob on a potentiometer. select other. Now you will see the selected parameters. And if you don't save the pch, the changes aren't made.

http://rolandkuit.com/
Oli

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Roland, thanks for your reply.

I think you are saying that the synth received some CC messages which I had not intended to send it, so changed the patch parameters.

The changed parameters are saved in the synth though. This is one reason why I thought it may be a flash issue. Also, I don't where the CC messages would have originated from.

Anyway, I will just try to set up that patch again, and see how it goes in future.

Cheers mate,

Oli

Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Jump to: