electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Spooly Master
Page 2 of 2 [32 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
jean bender

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is not exactly the same, but you can do this one, yum yum box... based on the spooly master ! (so many thanks)

http://h.a.k.free.fr/htmlFolder/projectfolder/DESIGN2/YUMYUMBOX.html

enjoy !!

www.electroncanon.org
micheline

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey thank you deadbeat for posting this, it's a good start "for my brain" !

Cheers,
micheline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, me again!

Sorry to bother you with my dump questions, I try hard to understand but I have 3 differents schematics, it's hard.
EDIT: At least, I have some sound coming out but for now, it's sound more like a 555. But there is some progress ...

*** Dear RingMad, what do you mean by "bus"? ***
RingMad

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

micheline wrote:
*** Dear RingMad, what do you mean by "bus"? ***

It's a term borrowed from computing, but also used for breadboards. Here, basically imagine a bare wire, and these various other wires connect to it. You could also just ignore the term and think of it as a single common point where all the wires that connect to the bus go.

On my schematic there are 7 connections to that bus... basically, all of them connect to the same point.

It's quite simple but I feel like I'm not explaining it clearly.

As for reading schematics, this one is not exactly the easiest because of the matrix and the tap points.

BTW, One nice site that helped me learn is "Fun with sea moss": http://www.milkcrate.com.au/_other/sea-moss/ . For each circuit, there is the schematic as well as a picture of what it looks like on the breadboard. As you get better at reading schematics, you will find the breadboard version no longer necessary... in fact, for complex circuits, they can get quite messy and harder to decipher than the schematic!

-- James/RingMad.
micheline

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to say, I got bubzy's schematic working and finally, it wasn't that hard ... electronics sometimes ... Thank you very much James for your patience and your explanations. I didn't get enough time to try it yet. Can't wait!

Thank you all for your help, it helped!
JingleJoe

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just did alot of research into this one, my conclusion; holy fhtagn this is going to be so much fun Very Happy

Thanks very much for the info!
tjookum

Audio files: 26

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that's the spirit!
noise
Page 2 of 2 [32 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: