electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » ChucK programming language
A little program to sample your hardware synth
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Arnaud06

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: A little program to sample your hardware synth Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

I've always really wanted to sample my hardware synth in order to make some Soundfont to put into a Spectralis. So I've coded it using Chuck and added a GUI.

It's based on ChucK language, that you can find here, and more specifically the special version, Asio ChucK. I wish I'd have the skills and knowledge to code in full the audio engine and MIDI and timing, but I just can't. So I'm using it as the core of this little program.

It samples from your two first input of your ASIO sound card, and records the samples into C:\ChuckGUI and into the folder named after the Instrument Name you put in. It records only the F notes, so you can map it easily, and two mono file per note. You can choose how many notes you want, from F-2 (5) to F8, and also up to six layers of velocity. And of course the MIDI Chanel. It samples the time (in second) you enter in Note On, where the Note is ON ( Rolling Eyes ), then sample the Note Off time (also in second) after the Note Off message is sent, for Release or effect purpose.

Thanks to Chuck, it's pretty accurate, so you don't have to edit the files after sampling.

I wanted to pack it into a Soundfont, but it wouldn't be as flexible as importing sample in Viena.

With two sample per note, it's easy to link them in Viena, and also to layer them. The ChucK windows will show some token errors, it's not important don't look at them Embarassed

I hope you will find a use for it !

Arnaud
Arnaud06

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

94 views and no answers... At least can someone tell me if it actually works on other setup than mine ?
cthulu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dreamt of something like this when I had a doepfer. I have no hardware to try it out on right now however...
hems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, your idea is really cool! ( :

I have done "the same" before, but using only ableton and a "virtual midi cable" ( native on osx )..

I think the main reasons nobody answers you are:
- your binary file is for windows
- you didn't show your chuck code
- you did a custom GUI ( you're not using miniAudicle )
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » ChucK programming language
Jump to: