electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc
AniMoog
Page 3 of 3 [64 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just power cycled my iPad to restart my wifi connection. Now aniMoog does not start. The screen flickers and gives a little shudder but nothing else happens. Sad
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So much for "professional" then? Rolling Eyes

Or perhaps the new "professional" are apps that crash? Laughing

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Come to think of it, you didn't olln the screen by any chance? That may have upset the wifi! Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing
IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:

Sure, much better that the app is taken out before it is embarrassing the player in public. That is the new professional.. Shocked

BTW, AniMoog hasn´t crashed on my iPad yet.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
ian-s

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:

Could be. Akai synth station also uses the word "professional" and it hasn't got past the splash screen since the iOS 5 upgrade.
robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ian-s wrote:
v-un-v wrote:

Could be. Akai synth station also uses the word "professional" and it hasn't got past the splash screen since the iOS 5 upgrade.

Akai invented "professional"! Mr. Green

They did it to discern their samplers from their hifi products maybe?

Come to think of it, these days it means the opposite...

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

scratch I´ve had very little trouble with crashing apps on my iPad.
The only app that is really annoying is the Commando Comics app. It never crashes when I´ve actually opened an issue and is reading it though.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All those Marc Doty demo videos sound like shit. They don't do these apps justice. Anyone considering these should ignore them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn´t a Marc Doty a poet with less hair?

Anyways, the younger hairy version of a Marc Doty comments something here:

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2011/10/response-marc-doty-calls-animoog-editorial-to-task/

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here.. same guy:

http://www.youtube.com/user/AutomaticGainsay

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ian-s wrote:
I just power cycled my iPad to restart my wifi connection. Now aniMoog does not start. The screen flickers and gives a little shudder but nothing else happens. Sad

I've seen lots of apps crash unexpectedly with iOS 5, but not that.

I'm getting some weird vibes about this. This is an echo of the lives of Bob Moog and Steve Jobs. I have a feeling that live people do better work than dead ones.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes I wondered about that too. I do hope that Apple get even better, as there are still some brilliant people there.

At least James Dyson is still alive! Very Happy

ian-s

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got it working again.

Liam complained that "talking tom and ben news" app was not working. I had a look and it did the same thing (shake once when pressed). I did a sync with the laptop as these two apps were purchased after the last sync. The sync said it couldn't backup animoog and Liam's game because the computer had not been authorized (which it was). I re-did the authorize process. Sync was successful but both apps still didn't work. Next I deleted Liam's game and re-installed it. Now it worked so I thought I could do the same for animoog but when I tried, it was working again without a re-install.
The curious thing is that Liam's game was working when animoog was not. Like they both ran for 48Hrs after install then failed.
DES

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Recently I've been getting 2 and 3 updates a day for apps - most are for iOS 5 problems, so I think after a brief catch-up period you'll start seeing better stability.
Page 3 of 3 [64 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc
Jump to: