electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
External Effects
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Astral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: External Effects
Subject description: mutron biphase
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyone try running this synth with some nice effects like the mutron biphase or maybe some analog/tube pedals like the ones from EHX?
soundwave106

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: External Effects
Subject description: mutron biphase
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Astral wrote:
Anyone try running this synth with some nice effects like the mutron biphase or maybe some analog/tube pedals like the ones from EHX?

Certainly, that's the best way to liven up the synth.

No phaser on the A6 for instance has the unique Smallstone sound which I've used a couple of times. A6 -> Dimension C is one I like to use a lot. (I just got a Moogerfooger Cluster Flux and wonder how that will be in contrast.) A good verb would probably be awesome -- I have a Lexicon MPX-1 and like that.
Astral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for the reply soundwave106, Ive read several of your posts! Many thanks for all the contribution!

Have you ever tried running a guitar or some other instrument through the inputs of Andy? I mean, am i sitting on a 3,000 analog pedal?

Salute
soundwave106

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I honestly never have... there's a lot of potential there though. Smile
sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i love a bit of springreverb on every analog synth.
go for a good one like akg/ tapco or so and eq it with the mixer.
also delay or other tape effects might help.
one of the nicests effects i have is an old moog 12stage phaser, for all chorus etc effects, also worth trying
Astral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I think I might try running it through my fulltone tube tape echo. Since its mono, I'm guessing I should have the line out of the voice 1/2 out into the TTE mono input.

Looking hard for a mutron biphase but I cant find one anywhere....
Shreddie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Astral wrote:
Have you ever tried running a guitar or some other instrument through the inputs of Andy? I mean, am i sitting on a 3,000 analog pedal?

I've run a few things through mine. It was ok with my bass guitar but my Nightbass does a better job of everything the Andy can do as an effects unit.

The most fun I've had though is with my old PSS-480 keyboard. If you're not familiar with it, it's a 2op FM home keyboard with midi keys that was released in the late 80's, it sounds pretty crap and cheesy without any treatment but it capable of some respectable bass and pads... It does however have MIDI and there are limited options for editing the sounds.

When using it with the Andy, I hook them up both with MIDI and audio. I play it from the Andy (transmitting to the PSS via MIDI) so I can easily make use of the Andys envelopes, touch sensitivity and LFO's, as well as the filters and effects of course... And it's bloody fantastic! It's pretty good fun putting a Stylophone through it too.

As for effects, I keep one of the Aux outs permanently connected to the Nightbass I mentioned earlier, usually for some real valve grime and the Nightbass' excellent analogue EQ and compressor.
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: