electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » News... » Miscellaneous News
Jürgen Haible is dead
Page 8 of 8 [190 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 6, 7, 8
haima

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Harry.

I think we all just need to be patient, these things take time...

Insignificant things like PCBs will happen when the time is right...

I'm glad Jurgen's family realise the importance of his work here and I'm glad one day we will be able to contribute in some small way to the livelihood of his children. All in good time.

Again - thank you Harry for your efforts.
MiKelleY

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RIP JH. Thank you for your fine designs, work & help.
Harry_W

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Another video with JH's music Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear all,

in memoriam of Jurgen, my wife recently published another (and already older) short movie in YouTube, merging his music with a piece from P. I. Tchaikovsky's ballet "Nutcracker"):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lfQzUh6Ks4

Enjoy!

Harry
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, Harry.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Banjo

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RIP Jurgen
Harry_W

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Jurgen Haible Memorial Fund is set up Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear all,

as I announced recently, a memorial fund was set up by Jurgen's wife Birgit (in fact, this was already done some time before Christmas, but I had not had the chance to publish the dates here - my fault!).

The fund is intended to work merely as a pool for voluntary donations from the community in order to support the needs of Birgit and the kids, something which has to be strictly separated from anything connected with Jurgen's PCB business. So please DO NOT (AB-)USE the fund, e. g. as a replacement for Jurgen's PayPal account, or for placing (and pre-paying) orders for PCBs! This is something that still has to be cleared by the lawyer, and nothing can be decided in this regard up to now.

I posted the account dates for the memorial fund in a new thread:
http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-51493.html

Thank you for all contributions!

Harry
Harry_W

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everybody,

in the Memorial Fund thread mentioned above I added a post with paypal account dates of Birgit Haible. If you want to support the family from countries outside the European Union, this is the cheaper way to transfer money.

Best regards,
Harry
Harry_W

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: 1st anniversary of Juergen's death Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello to all,

This is a cross-post from another thread; sorry for doing this, but the discussions about Juergen's musical heritage created many "open ends" in the forum that want to be kept alive.

This is just a life sign from me...

I had some very hard months of work recently, and virtually no time for anything else. Thist is my first return to e-m.com since September, but to make it short, there have been no changes yet in the situation of Juergen's family.

It has now been about one year since the early passing of Juergen; I thought it would be worth a short note.

But nothing is lost for the DIY community in terms of PCBs; the boards are still here and safe Smile, but still unavailable...

I promise to visit this forum more often again, just to keep you informed.

Best regards,
Harry
LektroiD

G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Harry for the heads up, I'm really looking forward to the day the PCBs become available again, it would be brilliant to have some of Juergen's legacy in my machine.

I hope you and Juergen's family are well.

bennethos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject:  sad discovery... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had some time during the holidays and continued soldering my Juergen PCB's. I didn't work on them for nearly 2 years since my 1st was born... I found out about this post whilst googling for Juergen's site.

Never felt so sad during a christmas, much too talented, much too young and a father of 2 children Sad

Bezrat hashem he is the modular and electronics walhalla now.

Rest in peace Jurgen...Wherever you are.
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject: Jurgen's Music Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Before Jurgen died, I featured his music on my radio program:
http://www.galactictravels.info/playlists/2011/focus.html#jul
Because of that, I've been contacted via Facebook by someone named Charles Howes. The message came last September and I just noticed! (It came to the Galactic Travels page and FB has made messaging with Pages nearly impossible to grok in a timely manner.) I cannot find Charles on FB any more. But I'd still like to know if Jurgen's music is still available in case I am asked in the future.

--|_)| -----|-----()---------------------
-----------()----soundscapes.us/bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
LektroiD

G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Jurgen's Music Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

djfoxyfox wrote:
Before Jurgen died, I featured his music on my radio program:
http://www.galactictravels.info/playlists/2011/focus.html#jul
Because of that, I've been contacted via Facebook by someone named Charles Howes. The message came last September and I just noticed! (It came to the Galactic Travels page and FB has made messaging with Pages nearly impossible to grok in a timely manner.) I cannot find Charles on FB any more. But I'd still like to know if Jurgen's music is still available in case I am asked in the future.

I’ve trawled the internet for Jurgen’s music to no avail. I would love to hear his work if there’s any available....

djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Jurgen's Music Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LektroiD wrote:
I’ve trawled the internet for Jurgen’s music to no avail. I would love to hear his work if there’s any available....
The four CDs that I featured during July, 2011, are around here somewhere. I don't feel authorized to give away someone else's music without permission. Sadly, 2011 is before I started archiving Galactic Travels on Mixcloud. I'm not keen on looking for the executor of Jurgen's estate. Does someone know of a legal outlet that has Jurgen's music available? Perhaps I should track down where I've stashed Jurgen's CDs and play a track or two on a future program. At least his music may be heard legally that way.

(See http://mixcloud.com/galactictravels if you'd like to hear the archived programs.)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
cappy2112

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Jurgen's Music Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

djfoxyfox wrote:
LektroiD wrote:
The four CDs that I featured during July, 2011, are around here somewhere. I don't feel authorized to give away someone else's music without permission. Sadly, 2011 is before I started archiving Galactic Travels on Mixcloud. I'm not keen on looking for the executor of Jurgen's estate. Does someone know of a legal outlet that has Jurgen's music available? Perhaps I should track down where I've stashed Jurgen's CDs and play a track or two on a future program. At least his music may be heard legally that way.

(See http://mixcloud.com/galactictravels if you'd like to hear the archived programs.)

Bill

Try posting a message on the Analogue Heaven list.
That’s where I first heard about Juergen, back in the 90’s

djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:20 pm    Post subject: Obtaining Jurgen's Music Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Every once in a while, someone asks me where they may obtain Jurgen's music. Looking at the legacy pages for his four albums, there is a link for buying his music.
http://jhaible.com/legacy/how_to_buy.html
Unfortunately, that link is broken and leads nowhere.

Despite all of the advice I've given or seen on-line, I know of no one who has been able to obtain Jurgen's music. Since he hand-burnt CDRs which I featured on Galactic Travels™ in 2011 before he passed, I have the music. As we all know, CDRs have a limited life span. Rest assured that this music will be preserved because today, I started ripping these CDRs in FLAC format.

Please do not ask me to give or sell these files to you. I do not feel that I own them or the rights to the music. Despite all attempts to contact people who might own or control the rights, no responses were ever received. If this persists, I may change my mind some time down the road. But for now, I prefer that Jurgen's estate control access to this music.

What I can do legally/morally, is play this music on the radio. If you are interested in hearing Jurgen's music, please tune in to Thought Radio™ on Saturdays 6:00 am EST/GMT-5. Yesterday, I played a track [ http://thoughtradio.org/playlists/2021/210102.html ] and plan to continue to play tracks for the foreseeable future.

http://thoughtradio.org
http://wmuh.org

Page 8 of 8 [190 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 6, 7, 8
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » News... » Miscellaneous News
Jump to: