electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc
Why not, Apple?
Page 5 of 7 [166 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stefan, have you registered to the Apple Developer Program?
I did.. for work. Pretty impressive amounts of info available for developers.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hm... I may have done that at some point. And I've fiddled around a bit with XCode, but I lost interest after a while, partly because I found Apple's documentation to be difficult to read, but also because I was too lazy to learn the whole project setup and Objective-C. I guess I've gotten stuck in my Java ways. :/

/Stefan

robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I'd say on the face of it that the Lemur app looks very enticing indeed!

Enough to tip the balance in favour of the iPad even...

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

go on....you know you want one....!

buy it now....

just do it....

it just works.....

fast and bulbous....

oops... getting a bit carried away there.... Embarassed Wink Laughing

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have no money right now..

Why don't you buy me one? angel

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

F**k off!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing
IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But, I am selling my iPad 1

It's the 32gb model with 3G as well as wi-fi.

If you're interested..... Very Happy

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Selling it? You finally converted to the free and much less restricted Android platform?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No. I want an iPad 2! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink
DES

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

iPad 2 rules! *

* except for Flash and Printing..... Wink

Hey - anyone heard anything about a '3' version at all? I saw some info on some blogs a couple months ago but nothing concrete. Like Howard I wouldn't mind having two of these for music generation/control surface use... I figure once I get the money together and get a second one the 3rd gen will come out... Rolling Eyes

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My best guess - iPAd3 - approx late feb - early may 2012.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
pyrosonic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

matrix wrote:
Lemur for iOS is out:

http://m.matrixsynth.com/2011/12/liine-lemur-formerly-jazzmutant-now.html

On a related note I've been tracking all iPad editors for synths via this label:

http://m.matrixsynth.com/search/label/iPad%20Editors

Quite a few are from iConnectMIDI but you'll find others in there as well. Just be sure to click on the Older Posts link at the bottom of the page to get to others. I created an 80 page TouchOSC editor for the Yamaha FS1R, one for the M-Audio Venom, and one for the Rhodes Chroma amongst others. You'll find templates for MIDI Touch as well.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

OMYFREAKINGGAWD!

Matrix 6R & Yamaha TX81Z editors
LEMUR

OH OH OH OH OH MY MY MY
GAWD!

MUST BUY NOW!
NO WAIT TAX REFUND!
NO WAIT XMAS BONUS!
(fumbles around for wallet)

Cool Cool Cool

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whorlweaver/133469163426410
pyrosonic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
trying to take my mind off my ears!!

It's getting better now. It's an earwax problem. In the old days I could have it syringed, but these days our useless NHS system are too paranoid about syringing, and they use a new system that is really painful instead.

Tom,have you ever tried ear candles?
Or is the wax way too bad for that to work?
I had an old girlfriend that used them,it's amazing how much gunk they pulled out.
Just an idea.

Back to the pre hijacked thread. Very Happy

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pyrosonic wrote:

MUST BUY NOW!
NO WAIT TAX REFUND!
NO WAIT XMAS BONUS!
(fumbles around for wallet)

Cool Cool Cool

You can always sell a kidney, a testicle or what have you.

Shocked

Uhh.. you do have some spare parts still in stock?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
pyrosonic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing

I haz credit cardz until bonus come.(unless I get sacked in which case I'll want an iPad to use up all that spare time) Wink

Seriously tho' I haven't had a working editor for my Matrix since I was on a G3.I'm stoked! And LEMUR? Hellz yas!

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pyrosonic wrote:

Tom,have you ever tried ear candles?
Or is the wax way too bad for that to work?
I had an old girlfriend that used them,it's amazing how much gunk they pulled out.
Just an idea.

...and amazing how much damage they do when the boiling wax occasionally falls and damages your ear permanently?! A bit like trying to pick your nose with a Black & Decker and 8mm HSS hammer drill bit?  Laughing 

Seriously though, ear wax candles belong in the same holistic quackery department as crystal healing and homeopathy. What you are seeing in the end of the tube isn't earwax, but hardened paraffin that has dripped down the lightened tube and congealed in the base, where it is cooler.

Most of the time, the 'wax' travels along and down the inside of the tube (where it is at a much higher temperature to the outside, which is cooler). Sometimes however, the paraffin can fall directly into the ear cause extreme pain, and if your really unlucky permanent damage to the ear.

It's a con, and the only people who truly benefit from it are the crooks who sell the candles for ridiculously high prices in wholefood shops.

The losers? Well I'll leave you to work that one out! Wink Very Happy

pyrosonic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm...interesting.
Good to know,not that I was going to do it,never having had the problem.
Come to think of it,the old girlfriend was definitely in that category. Laughing
I worked with a guy years ago that had persistent problems,he told me that he passed out from the water thing the first time they did it.He didn't describe it as painful,but just a really weird and intense sensation.
(but that was 30 years ago,so it might have been a somewhat different procedure)

-minus-

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've got a couple of spare testicles here if anyone is interested. If you want to pay the shipping you can have 'em...

On a slightly different note, although I said all those nasty things about Apple earlier... if they ever started making cars, I'd be the first to want one Shocked . Second thoughts, I better hang onto my fun bags after all!
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You want us to take your nuts??? Shocked Shocked Shocked
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
You want us to take your nuts??? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Did you miss out on the latest news? We have this new electro-music.com freezer we are filling up with spare organs. It´s the new community organ pool. "An organ (or synth ) for an organ"

Howard is busy running futures and derivatives off the pool now. No greek bonds here!

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can sell you a kidney or two?

No... perhaps just one...

But then there is always the kids....

and the wife....

4 kidneys! Very Happy

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
I can sell you a kidney or two?

No... perhaps just one...

But then there is always the kids....

and the wife....

4 kidneys! Very Happy

scratch

OK, brilliant.. Howard will send you the paperwork. However, I don´t see any nuts in your list.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My nuts are already taken! Twisted Evil
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
My nuts are already taken! Twisted Evil

I hope you have notified the police.

....unless you by taken suggests that your nuts have been abducted by aliens

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
audiodef

Audio files: 53

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
tinnitus has woken me up!

It's 2am and this is the first ever time my ear has bothered me.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

That sucks. Crying or Very sad Maybe see an audiologist? If it ever bothers you during the day, there are hearing aids that are designed not for amplifying sound, but for canceling the effects of tinnitus.

EDIT: After posting this, I saw that the reason is ear-wax, which is a different type of problem. I hope you get it sorted. Smile

Last edited by audiodef on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 5 of 7 [166 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc
Jump to: