electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
questions about the way to build a modular lunetta..
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
jean bender

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: questions about the way to build a modular lunetta..
Subject description: .. and also about the way you build mixers for lunettas modules
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Everybody !
After having building some boolean sequencers, i'm starting building a big unit.
I begin with a rythmic one based on :

-1 cd40106 ( 6 osc with switchable frequencies)
-1 cd4040
-2 cd4094
-2 cd4030
-1 baby 8 sequencer
- some more cd4017stuff.

each output will be led added, and i'll put pulldown resistors on each input.

I was wondering if i can use two or more times a same output ( for example, can i fed a cd4030 input and the 4017clock input from the same cd4040 output ? Should i have to put a resistor to each cd4040's output before using them for several logic input ?).

My second question is about the way you mix your final outputs : Do you use same value resistors or is there another method ?
( for the moment, i connect all the outputs i want to 100k resistors, and all these resistors goes to a 741 input before amplification)

If i want to have one audio output and a cv output from the same logical output, what should i do ? For the moment, i use R2R ladder, am i right ?

MMM a lot of questions, i'm testing that these days... but i haven't seen yet a mixer related topic, and when i'm wathcing schematics or videos, it's not specified...
thanks for any help !

www.electroncanon.org
Draal

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lots of questions young padawan. You don't need resistors on any outs of the 4040. i use stacking banana cords and frequently use the same out to control other chips.

As for mixers, check out one of my earliest posts regarding this subject. I went with the schematic on the 2nd page of that thread and have been happy with the results. http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-42776.html&postorder=asc

Ah, memories...so innocent back in those days. Now i'm afraid I have been corrupted by these experiments Twisted Evil !

jean bender

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, thanks Draal !!

i'm working on a big project, i'm trying to put in it all what i've already learn and understand... but it's not always easy !
i want to document it the best i can... schematic, researches notes... i'll post it there !

And another question : in order to skip static noises from my stuff, i have to put 2 1000uf caps btw vdd & vss on my breadboard ( i"m powering it with a dc 12v unit), is it normal ? How should i do for having less noise ? Ah, i've already put caps btw each V+ pin and ground for all my ics....

www.electroncanon.org
JingleJoe

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deadbeat wrote:

And another question : in order to skip static noises from my stuff

Static and electric noise intereference are two different things. I feel it is important a distinction is made between them because one is only slightly annoying if you want a clean signal and the other frys your chips.

getting back to your questions, one cmos output can drive 50 other cmos inputs (or so I am lead to believe, google for the datasheets of your chips and check thier fan-out to see how many other chips one output can connect to)

Audio and CV are two very different things too, they should be totally separate in the circuit anyway, then you can just tap them where you want with a voltage follower/buffer.

Green Dungeon Alchemist Laboratories
jean bender

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks jingle joe. Sorry for my english, i wanted to speak about electric noise interference... no static one. I try to do my best when i'm writting here... uhuh Rolling Eyes

Thanks again about the fan out. I didn't know that... great information, new knoledge learned, great !

Next week i'll try to spend more time on my computer to draw some schematics !!

www.electroncanon.org
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: