electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc » TC-11
GyrOSC question.
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: GyrOSC question. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kevin,

Some of use were chatting. GyrOSC seems like a perfect tool to use with ChucK. Use GyrOSC to stream the raw data and have Chuck decode the gestures as desired.

We were wondering, have you considered adding to it sensor data for the touch screen as well?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kevin, I am a ChucK programmer and I am VERY impressed with your apps, especially Invisible Drum Set and GyrOSC. I am about to embark upon a fitness program that involves these programs and I will be coding up effects using GyrOSC.

Also my friend Lorin in California is a sound guy and he wants to provide samples at least and perhaps make other contributions to the effort. I made a 15 minute video which describes the situation which is here:

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-51953.html

if you happen to have 15 minutes it's worth a watch to get the idea for how we will be using your software.

Anyway, congratulations on releasing some awesome apps - they are key enablers in my iPod adventure!

Les

Bit Shape

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: GyrOSC question. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
We were wondering, have you considered adding to it sensor data for the touch screen as well?

I considered it, but decided against it. I would rather spend time building a touch controller based on TC-11 tech than simply sending X/Y data in GyrOSC.

Inventor wrote:
Posted: Yesterday, at 3:10 pm Post subject:
Kevin, I am a ChucK programmer and I am VERY impressed with your apps, especially Invisible Drum Set and GyrOSC. I am about to embark upon a fitness program that involves these programs and I will be coding up effects using GyrOSC.

This sounds like an excellent idea! I wish you the best.
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What is the optimal file format for the samples in Invisible Drum Set?
Thanks,

Les

Bit Shape

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

.aiff or .wav, 16 bit, 44.1 kHz. The files need to be less than 1MB.
jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: GyrOSC question. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bit Shape wrote:
mosc wrote:

I considered it, but decided against it. I would rather spend time building a touch controller based on TC-11 tech than simply sending X/Y data in GyrOSC.

A touch controller would be great! Actually, just having TC-11 sending an OSC message for not only XY, but all the derivative angles, velocity, etc that are used as controllers in the TC-11 synth engine. Then external synths or effects can be mixed with, and controlled by, TC-11.
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc » TC-11
Jump to: